• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he won't, he's not going to have Kinsler like power and not going to steal 25 plus. It's not even been projected. If he does, then I will eat my words HAPPILY. I'm actually trying to defend Profar, you're projecting too much for him, especially at his age.

you do understand the difference between the value at SS and 2nd? because if you don't, this is pointless

I can assure you I understand the value of middle infield and your attempt a having this superior baseball opinion is comical.

sorry 295/300/305 range with 18 dingers is not MUCH TO HIGH....it should be expected with growth. The swing say's as much

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they were. He showed neither.

So-be-it.....He's got excellent quickness, which can/should equate into decent to good base stealer. The more he plays and learns, the better he'll get at all phases, but this phase (base running) is much more difficult than some think.

I see nothing but ups for this kid in all areas of the game. And the reason I think this is due to his attitude and desire about the game.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most here seem to know what Profar will be based on last season.
I bow to the perceived greatness in all that.

I still see the swing and make up. Something tells me the Rangers do as well.

so your opinion is that he will a star this coming season based on his swing and make-up. and i think that he will be a star in a year or 2 once he learns to hit big league pitching which overwhelmed him last year.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can assure you I understand the value of middle infield and your attempt a having this superior baseball opinion is comical.

sorry 295/300/305 range with 18 dingers is not MUCH TO HIGH....it should be expected with growth. The swing say's as much

I didn't say 18 was out of the question, ever. This is where you lose people, you just start making things up to fit your narrative.

and here come the personal insults, because you couldn't answer my simple question.
Do you understand the difference between the value at SS and 2nd?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those numbers were a projection for the season....not mid July
Hard to win AS consideration in year one, but I won't say that it's an outrageous thought

What do you expect profar's line to be at the all star break this year?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he won't, he's not going to have Kinsler like power and not going to steal 25 plus. It's not even been projected. If he does, then I will eat my words HAPPILY. I'm actually trying to defend Profar, you're projecting too much for him, especially at his age.

you do understand the difference between the value at SS and 2nd? because if you don't, this is pointless

Whoa....relax.

He'll be 21 next year, and I think he'll steal his fair share because of his quickness and desire to learn all aspects of the game.

And IMO he'll be a SS in the long run, with someone. Or perhaps, a 3rd baseman, if he stays with the Rangers.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa....relax.

He'll be 21 next year, and I think he'll steal his fair share because of his quickness and desire to learn all aspects of the game.

And IMO he'll be a SS in the long run, with someone. Or perhaps, a 3rd baseman, if he stays with the Rangers.

He started with the personal insults, not myself
you need to relax, and read the entire exchange

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your opinion is that he will a star this coming season based on his swing and make-up. and i think that he will be a star in a year or 2 once he learns to hit big league pitching which overwhelmed him last year.

spin it how you see fit Scotsman. That's what you've shown me you've become with that I'd sell kinsler for a can of corn comment the other day. All I've said is I'm in profar's corner, see a very talented kid just needing the opportunity. I expect a 300 average....you be sure to come on back and tell me how wrong I was

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but you're not allowing growth. your prediction is that he will jump right in in 2014 and hit those numbers. we are saying that he may reach those numbers in a year or 2 or 3.

you are doing your usual saying something and attacking anyone who disagrees with it. as he grows and develops i can see him eventually hitting those kind of numbers

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey P Day man.....what's with the WAY over used word of comical?

What's so amusing about anything/everybody which we have to say?

Unless of course, anything/everybody who has a differing opinion is comical. Is that it?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you're not allowing growth. your prediction is that he will jump right in in 2014 and hit those numbers. we are saying that he may reach those numbers in a year or 2 or 3.

you are doing your usual saying something and attacking anyone who disagrees with it. as he grows and develops i can see him eventually hitting those kind of numbers

YOUR OPINION and your selective reading are boring me.
avoid the posts scotty and if not....EXPECT a reply

I'll stick with what I posted. I haven't seen a post here that would make me change my opinion. CAN YOU DEAL WITH THAT?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spin it how you see fit Scotsman. That's what you've shown me you've become with that I'd sell kinsler for a can of corn comment the other day. All I've said is I'm in profar's corner, see a very talented kid just needing the opportunity. I expect a 300 average....you be sure to come on back and tell me how wrong I was

you seem to think you are the only one who sees the potential. well you aren't. i say he will eventually reach the kind of numbers you are ready to anoint him with in 2014 but that it will take a year or 2 of consistent playing time.

and you would have traded Kinsler for just about anything including an injure-prone Kemp and his outlandish contract just to get him off the team.the difference between us is that i was ready to trade any of the 3 as long as the deal helped the team while all you wanted was Kinsler out the door.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey P Day man.....what's with the WAY over used word of comical?

What's so amusing about anything/everybody which we have to say?

Unless of course, anything/everybody who has a differing opinion is comical. Is that it?

the comedy is related to a select few over an extended period of time. I think following the posts would tell you that much but I guess not. I have no issues with the different opinion and stated as much.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOUR OPINION and your selective reading are boring me.
avoid the posts scotty and if not....EXPECT a reply

I'll stick with what I posted. I haven't seen a post here that would make me change my opinion. CAN YOU DEAL WITH THAT?

You're either a big time troll or a self-righteous, know-it-all MF.

Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.