• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should've checked that myself, but I was too lazy. Plate discipline doesn't care what side of the mound you throw from. I like our lineup with choo in it.

Yeah I would love him in this lineup. Choo and fielder have a chance to walk 100 times each

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would love him in this lineup. Choo and fielder have a chance to walk 100 times each

Rios is probably good enough hitting fifth to make guys pay and get fielder at least a couple pitches to hit. I'm almost positive wash will hit fielder third, though imo he'd be better providing protection for Beltre.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Haren to #Dodgers, one year, $10M plus 2015 option that vests at 180 innings. Pending physical.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i first heard the 300 million dollar asking price i thought he had hired "Ludicrous" and not Jay-Z. Oh its "Ludacris" my bad

Very good....haha....excellent actually. thanks

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much on your line of thinking. One thing I'm not sure has been discussed is Choo is terrible against lhp. So do we insert gentry against rhp?

LF Choo/Gentry
SS Andrus
3b Beltre
1b/dh Fielder
RF Rios
DH/1b Moreland
C Soto
2b Profar
CF Martin/Gentry

I have Moreland in there because this is my lineup if we acquired choo and nobody else. That said, I still think even if we acquire choo jd may acquire a dh bat for us.

Thoughts?

That takes the power out of the lineup for sure and replaces it with speed. I think it just depends on how well gentry and martin hit this year. If we get a powerful right handed DH then that sounds pretty good to me. Choo just sounds so good, but I never realized how bad he struggles with lefty pitching. There's gonna have to be another signing along with choo I think.

Edit: Just looked at the numbers, Choo isnt THAT bad with lefties... I think he would actually stay in the lineup regardless of who is on the mound. He is a good leadoff man and sees everything in the pitchers repertoire. I think Choo is the best signing we can make at this point as far as value for the $$

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios is probably good enough hitting fifth to make guys pay and get fielder at least a couple pitches to hit. I'm almost positive wash will hit fielder third, though imo he'd be better providing protection for Beltre.

Yeah rios is a solid 5 hitter but I wonder if Cruz would come back to DH ?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That takes the power out of the lineup for sure and replaces it with speed. I think it just depends on how well gentry and martin hit this year. If we get a powerful right handed DH then that sounds pretty good to me. Choo just sounds so good, but I never realized how bad he struggles with lefty pitching. There's gonna have to be another signing along with choo I think.

Edit: Just looked at the numbers, Choo isnt THAT bad with lefties... I think he would actually stay in the lineup regardless of who is on the mound. He is a good leadoff man and sees everything in the pitchers repertoire. I think Choo is the best signing we can make at this point as far as value for the $$

I would still roll him out most of the time even against lefties.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Choo and Beltran makes a lot of sense to me. Beltran gives us the #3 hitter and gives us Fielder in the #5 hole or vice versa. You can mix and match in the OF and DH as well..
Choo
EA
Beltran
Beltre
Fielder

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah rios is a solid 5 hitter but I wonder if Cruz would come back to DH ?

Doubt it. Dude really likes to play the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo and Beltran makes a lot of sense to me. Beltran gives us the #3 hitter and gives us Fielder in the #5 hole or vice versa. You can mix and match in the OF and DH as well..
Choo
EA
Beltran
Beltre
Fielder

2 years 33 million for Beltran. #rosterbation

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo
EA
Beltran
Beltre
Fielder

I don't see us paying for choo and Beltran unless we get bBeltran on a 2 year deal or something.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with ya, for the most part. But it's telling you say, "I'm almost positive wash will" anything.

Your protection point is right on though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo
EA
Beltran
Beltre
Fielder

That 1-5 would be a headache for teams though

Status
Not open for further replies.