• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on?

Man, there's a bunch of misquotes, wrong responses/misunderstandings, and general running a muck going on it seems.

It's been pretty humorous on a cold rainy, nothing - baseball wise - going on Sunday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody has quoted and started their message inside the quote. Every time somebody quotes after that it continues.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is getting credit for others quotes

I've got em all. hahahaha

I'll take everything, everybody has said for Sunday, 23 Nov, with the exception of terps.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it's hard to predict the progression of a young kid, but I think if he does well in the minors this year he will have a shot at making the team next year. Either way it'll be exciting to watch his growth.

He hit .258 for 2 years at A ball....He had 28 pass balls last season.

Never say never, but the chances of him being in the bigs in 2015 is damn near zero.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit .258 for 2 years at A ball....He had 28 pass balls last season.

Never say never, but the chances of him being in the bigs in 2015 is damn near zero.

Yep, alfaro is a ways away.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this in another thread, but no one commented on it. It wasn't the money for McMann, they gave him a FULL NT, JD's not going to do that, and he shouldn't. It makes sense now, because the money really was not outrageous

We got Greinke'd again. I still think the opt-out for Greinke was a last minute ploy from the Dodgers that won out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this in another thread, but no one commented on it. It wasn't the money for McMann, they gave him a FULL NT, JD's not going to do that, and he shouldn't. It makes sense now, because the money really was not outrageous

We got Greinke'd again. I still think the opt-out for Greinke was a last minute ploy from the Dodgers that won out.

That's exactly what it was imo.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took note of that as well. Wasn't sure if that was the deal breaker. Oh well. On to Choo.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took note of that as well. Wasn't sure if that was the deal breaker. Oh well. On to Choo.

I think JD was fully prepared to do something like what McMann ended up getting...it was pretty much what everyone thought he would get.
But a full NT for a 30 y/o catcher?...what if Alfaro pans out, and McMann's bat starts to decline

beyond that, if the Yanks stay under the threshold again this year, be prepared for them to spend big next year, so they're probably less inclined to worry about that NT.
You really can't blame a player for not taking a 5 year NT, especially someone like McMann who I'm sure has no interest in getting flipped around as he gets older

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaldson just showed up in my post and I only quoted darryl, (I fixed it)
Donaldson, try signing out and signing back in, that is strange

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JD was fully prepared to do something like what McMann ended up getting...it was pretty much what everyone thought he would get.
But a full NT for a 30 y/o catcher?...what if Alfaro pans out, and McMann's bat starts to decline

beyond that, if the Yanks stay under the threshold again this year, be prepared for them to spend big next year, so they're probably less inclined to worry about that NT.
You really can't blame a player for not taking a 5 year NT, especially someone like McMann who I'm sure has no interest in getting flipped around as he gets older

He could always be a DH. That's the beauty of the AL. But I wouldn't want to be stuck in NYC for five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.