• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting wise, Alfaro would struggle but would probably be better than a lot of catchers already in the league, he needs to mostly work on his plate discipline

Like you said above, defense is what going to hold him back, he is terrible at blocking balls, he makes AJP look like Pudge back there

I think the number I saw was 28 passed balls, not to mention the numbers of wild pitches he wasn't able to get to

I also believe he had error issues as well

Hopefully Pudge can teach what he knows to this kid[/QUOTE I admit I don't follow the minors like some of you guys but am surprised to hear Alfaro still has that much to improve on. Plate discipline is understandable b/c that's a problem throughout the majors. Defense surprises me. But he has the best teacher available.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move for the cards by getting Jhonny peralta

Yeah, I think a very good move.

There goes and and all talk of EA/Profar headed Cardinal way. Which is fine with me.

Now let's go get us another catcher.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oopss.....meant to say any and all talk re: EA/Pro

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting wise, Alfaro would struggle but would probably be better than a lot of catchers already in the league, he needs to mostly work on his plate discipline

Like you said above, defense is what going to hold him back, he is terrible at blocking balls, he makes AJP look like Pudge back there

I think the number I saw was 28 passed balls, not to mention the numbers of wild pitches he wasn't able to get to

I also believe he had error issues as well

Hopefully Pudge can teach what he knows to this kid[/QUOTE I admit I don't follow the minors like some of you guys but am surprised to hear Alfaro still has that much to improve on. Plate discipline is understandable b/c that's a problem throughout the majors. Defense surprises me. But he has the best teacher available.

My gosh that's some horrid numbers. He's a long way from being ML ready.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navarro and Choo

Then maybe Cruz

I like your first two choices a lot. And I'm wondering if the Rangers will make at Cruz if they get both of these guys. Still a little up in the air what we're going to do with Mitch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your first two choices a lot. And I'm wondering if the Rangers will make at Cruz if they get both of these guys. Still a little up in the air what we're going to do with Mitch.

Problem is, there's only one spot left in the outfield.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think a very good move.

There goes and and all talk of EA/Profar headed Cardinal way. Which is fine with me.

Now let's go get us another catcher.
Well for now there isn't many pieces left. LF, C DH. Cruz can solve the LF by moving Rios over assuming Cruz plays and not DH. Navarro is my choice to fill the C position. Then add whatever pitching needed if any. BP looks fine and if we're blessed, Colby will be back and ready to go. To add to all that, I sure do like our infield. Got a feeling we are going to like the outfield too. Lainey leading off, Rev on deck, Hambomb in the hole. PLAY BALL.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for now there isn't many pieces left. LF, C DH. Cruz can solve the LF by moving Rios over assuming Cruz plays and not DH. Navarro is my choice to fill the C position. Then add whatever pitching needed if any. BP looks fine and if we're blessed, Colby will be back and ready to go. To add to all that, I sure do like our infield. Got a feeling we are going to like the outfield too. Lainey leading off, Rev on deck, Hambomb in the hole. PLAY BALL.

...DT giving the signals ...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor do I. Either one and the OF will be good except Choo provides the lead off spot.

Choo provides the leadoff spot, better defense, and better obp. Cruz gives you a big arm and more thunder. Not sure which I'd prefer.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo provides the leadoff spot, better defense, and better obp. Cruz gives you a big arm and more thunder. Not sure which I'd prefer.
Big decision for sure.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, I'd much prefer Choo.

Still don't think we've seen the last of JD's magic either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I'd much prefer Choo.

Still don't think we've seen the last of JD's magic either.

Nor I. I will say that whatever he does, it will probably be something we never thought of. Just like the fielder trade.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor I. I will say that whatever he does, it will probably be something we never thought of. Just like the fielder trade.

Really. That trade still has the baseball world scratching their collective heads. Me too actually.

Catching now is now on deck.

I hope this doesn't happen, but if we went into the season with Rios, Martin, Gentry/Beltre, with Mitch filling in a little (very little), that wouldn't be an awful situation. Not ideal, but not awful either.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching now is now on deck. Well said, eh? Gzee

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. That trade still has the baseball world scratching their collective heads. Me too actually.

Catching now is now on deck.

I hope this doesn't happen, but if we went into the season with Rios, Martin, Gentry/Beltre, with Mitch filling in a little (very little), that wouldn't be an awful situation. Not ideal, but not awful either.

Nah, there's something else on the horizon.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our outfield consisted of rios gentry martin and moreland I think thats pretty awful in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.