• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop deflecting and changing the subject. Stop making excuses. Your recruiting class has jack shit to do with your team this year.

I'm not deflecting. I'm straight up telling you I don't think Baylor is better THIS YEAR. Which is why in my last comment I said you have your opinion and I have mine. No big deal. I hope they play. If not I hope Baylor gets a title shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys haven't even signed either one. Murphy had a down year and can be a solid player. Oswalt blows, and I doubt Hudson goes to KC when contenders are interested.

we won't be signin shit til the end and getting the left overs...I agree...I have watched Murphy for 4 years...he always seems to back up my OF on fantasy teams...the guy is 6'5' 220...has a little speed and would HAVE to do better than Maxwell/Lough in our RF...and completely better than Frenchy...at least til Jorge Boni gets another 2 years in the minors....

I just don't want Phil Hughes...if they have to pay a bit more for Hudson so be it...12 mil was Santana last year...we opened up about 15 mil and got extra 25 mil from new TV deal....get Hudson for 2 years...add 3 years to Shields deal...and they could get Murphy for a reasonable price and be done.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won't be signin shit til the end and getting the left overs...I agree...I have watched Murphy for 4 years...he always seems to back up my OF on fantasy teams...the guy is 6'5' 220...has a little speed and would HAVE to do better than Maxwell/Lough in our RF...and completely better than Frenchy...at least til Jorge Boni gets another 2 years in the minors....

I just don't want Phil Hughes...if they have to pay a bit more for Hudson so be it...12 mil was Santana last year...we opened up about 15 mil and got extra 25 mil from new TV deal....get Hudson for 2 years...add 3 years to Shields deal...and they could get Murphy for a reasonable price and be done.

Unfortunately for you theory, Murphy was finally given FT duty in the OF last year and was complete garbage. I've always liked the Royals though. I hope Murphy goes there and turns it around.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for you theory, Murphy was finally given FT duty in the OF last year and was complete garbage. I've always liked the Royals though. I hope Murphy goes there and turns it around.

I second that on David Murphy. Deserves a chance somewhere else. Kansas City would be great for him. As well as Houston.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has seven claimed national championships: 1950, 1955, 1956, 1974,1975, 1985, 2000. In addition to the seven claimed national titles the NCAA also recognizes eleven others: 1915, 1949, 1953, 1954, 1957, 1967, 1973, 1978, 1980, 1986, and 2003.

Think I made my point, all schools do it if they can

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of CFB talk.

Aggie - I don't expect much of a dropoff. If Sumlin leaves for greener pastures then maybe but that school has plenty of money to well compensate recruits and Johnny Football Aggie Jesus in having them come back to relevancy.

Sooner - They've had a great run but they're going through a not so dominant part in the whole college athletics cycle. It happens to everybody and OU and TX are going through it. At some point they'll get back to where they need to be because they're TX and OU for a reason. They have the name, prestige, and resources to compensate their recruits and coaches.

TT - Coach Bro had a great honeymoon but reality set in for him and all the Red Raiders. Coach Bro will ultimately be Leach-esque...he'll have some good teams, great offenses, have the occasional seasons where they threaten a BCS bowl but I don't really see much beyond that.

Baylor - Great story actually. They were worse than a doormat not too long ago. I remember when my NT beat the shit out of them about 10 years ago. But they have a lot of money and they've hit gold with Briles. As long as Briles is there they'll be fine. I think he just has that something. I can't see them being this good as they are this season but they'll be a good team. Tho I have to think he'd be on the top of the list with a lot of better jobs nationally. NFL could come calling but given his age I'm not sure he'll make that jump but we all know coaches have some of the biggest egos.

TX - Pretty much the same situation as OU but a little worse. But they're still TX. They have more money to spend than anybody. No Saban won't be going there but they'll pretty much be able to pick whatever coach they want. I can see David Shaw ending up there.

OSU - Similar place as Tech but definitely a more desirable place to go to IMO if you're a recruit.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know if this was posted:

Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times previews the Rays' potential targets in trade and free agency this offseason. At first base, the Mets' Ike Davis might be an option, along with Logan Morrison of the Marlins, Mitch Moreland of the Rangers, and another Met, Lucas Duda.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really did not want to get into CFB. But let's face it, the conferences in general stink. The SEC is not the SEC of the past. Other than Alabama their defenses stink. And even Alabama could not stop A&M. It is funny that Missouri and A&M are doing well in the SEC and everyone figured they would get stomped. But A&M had no defense this year. If they had the defense of last year they would be #1 in the nation. Once you get past Alabama there is a sharp drop off. The Big 12 has OK St who I am not sure how they lost to WV and Baylor and that is it. But the league is down compared to its past. The Big 10 has Ohio St and possibly Wisconsin and that is it. The PAC 12 is better than it was a few years ago but still they are soft. But Oregon and Stanford are their best and USC has played better once they got rid of Kiffen. The ACC had Florida St but that conference stinks as well even though some might throw Clemson in there. After that there really are no conferences. I mean it is even hard to find a really great #2 team in the nation anymore. I know there is Florida St but who have they really played. Now back to baseball.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know if this was posted:

Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times previews the Rays' potential targets in trade and free agency this offseason. At first base, the Mets' Ike Davis might be an option, along with Logan Morrison of the Marlins, Mitch Moreland of the Rangers, and another Met, Lucas Duda.

I just read that a little while ago.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBTR's is looking for a moderator for their comment section, no pay but thought someone might
be interested

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I made my point, all schools do it if they can

You're point was that Oklahoma doesn't claim additional national titles while A&M does? :noidea:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the contract status of both Cotts and Soria, and is there any buzz about them?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Bautista's name would start to pop up. I would like to bring him in. They need pitching which might make it tough.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Bautista's name would start to pop up. I would like to bring him in. They need pitching which might make it tough.

all the trade rumors make varying levels of sense with the Andrus or Profar trade to St. Louis making the most sense

Status
Not open for further replies.