• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with the 10 million from MY coming of the books they do have about 40 million to spend.
So with a QO to Nelly at about 14MM that would be 26MM left to spend. They should be able to afford McCann and might finally work out a trade. Should be okay.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal: Whether the Rangers are postseason-bound or not, their biggest need this winter will be a No. 3 hitter with Nelson Cruz hitting the open market. The Marlins swear that they're keeping Giancarlo Stanton and Robinson Cano isn't a fit for a team that already has too many middle infielders. One option could be Matt Kemp, if the Dodgers will part with him.

This made me think of something that would be very intriguing. How about signing Cano, and trading Ian & Profar + for Stanton? Can you imagine the line-up? Especially if we retained Nelly as the DH: EA, Cano, Beltre, Stanton, Nelly...sounds really nice.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal: Whether the Rangers are postseason-bound or not, their biggest need this winter will be a No. 3 hitter with Nelson Cruz hitting the open market. The Marlins swear that they're keeping Giancarlo Stanton and Robinson Cano isn't a fit for a team that already has too many middle infielders. One option could be Matt Kemp, if the Dodgers will part with him.

This made me think of something that would be very intriguing. How about signing Cano, and trading Ian & Profar + for Stanton? Can you imagine the line-up? Especially if we retained Nelly as the DH: EA, Cano, Beltre, Stanton, Nelly...sounds really nice.
If they were honest about getting Cano he or Kins would be playing first. I don't see that happening though.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan's 9.5 player option off the books too.
The link I posted earlier in the thread has all their promised money for the year. Adds up to 87MM. And elsewhere I saw someone figured that they have about 35 million to spend after they pay their Arb eligible players etc. Idk how true that is. I hope they spend closer to 130MM next year.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link I posted earlier in the thread has all their promised money for the year. Adds up to 87MM. And elsewhere I saw someone figured that they have about 35 million to spend after they pay their Arb eligible players etc. Idk how true that is. I hope they spend closer to 130MM next year.

I hope they spend more than that. That's if we don't trade for a bat.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir. I think Seguin and Benn will play well together. There's some 18 year old everyone is talking about Valeri something.
Excited to see Valeri Nichushkin. Stars have needed that kind of young talent for a long time.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to see a team with a 35 million payroll taking on Kinsler's contract.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Found a great website with Texas' 2014 Salary obligations. As of now Texas has 87.325 million on the books for next season.Texas Rangers | Cot's Baseball Contracts

Rev -- Cot's product is the basis for my calculation based on what's committed and 2013 top line for TEX budget of about $40mil for new contracts. I think with some number rounding I calculated an $85m commitment which tracks with your $87.325 report.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see a team with a 35 million payroll taking on Kinsler's contract.

They are going to have some new management. They have got to start filling those seats in that atrocious ballpark. In no way do I see it happening, but it would be a great idea IMO.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev -- Cot's product is the basis for my calculation based on what's committed and 2013 top line for TEX budget of about $40mil for new contracts. I think with some number rounding I calculated an $85m commitment which tracks with your $87.325 report.
I will keep that link handy. It does not have Elvis' contract extension added yet though. No clue why.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will keep that link handy. It does not have Elvis' contract extension added yet though. No clue why.

If its that very detailed player by player payroll link you posted, it does

Elvis is on the books for 6.47 million, the last year of his original extension

His big and recent extension doesn't kick in until 2015

Edit: I think I see what you are saying, the spreadsheet still shows him as a FA in 2015

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its that very detailed player by player payroll link you posted, it does

Elvis is on the books for 6.47 million, the last year of his original extension

His big and recent extension doesn't kick in until 2015

Edit: I think I see what you are saying, the spreadsheet still shows him as a FA in 2015
Yes to what you said in your edit. That's what I thought was odd. Maybe it is not added until after it kicks in like with Derek, Matt, and Ian.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of date of the Cot's spreadsheet is Mar 31, 2013 ... Elvis contract extension was not announced until Apr 4, 2013.
It says updated 9/13. That's why Garza, Rios, and Travis Blackley are on the spreadsheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.