• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more on McManns agent talking about the Rangers...this is what I meant about encouraging

Free-agent catcher Brian McCann interested in Texas Rangers | MLB.com: News

"From Brian's standpoint, it's certainly an attractive place for him," Abbott said Wednesday morning. "He's a left-handed power-hitting catcher who likes to handle a mature and quality staff. They have a good front office and a good coaching staff. He would be crazy not to look at that as a landing spot. It would be a great situation. He likes the park, he knows guys on the team and it's in the South. He likes hot weather.

"All of those things make it a good fit."

that's a lot of talkin' from an agent...IMO

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more on McManns agent talking about the Rangers...this is what I meant about encouraging

Free-agent catcher Brian McCann interested in Texas Rangers | MLB.com: News

"From Brian's standpoint, it's certainly an attractive place for him," Abbott said Wednesday morning. "He's a left-handed power-hitting catcher who likes to handle a mature and quality staff. They have a good front office and a good coaching staff. He would be crazy not to look at that as a landing spot. It would be a great situation. He likes the park, he knows guys on the team and it's in the South. He likes hot weather.

"All of those things make it a good fit."

that's a lot of talkin' from an agent...IMO

I guess I'm bracing myself for him to sign elsewhere. All that is to me is BS agent talk. Although I do think TEX and BOS would be the best situation for him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the cards trade of which you speak?
Some talk of trading Profar for Miller and Adams. Cards are wanting a shortstop.
That would give us a rotation pitcher 1st baseman w/ power.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm bracing myself for him to sign elsewhere. All that is to me is BS agent talk. Although I do think TEX and BOS would be the best situation for him.

unless the Yankees really money-whip him (will they do that if they try and keep Cano?)
I think it's Boston or us.

I get the bracing thing, and think it's justified.
And I also agree with you that Profar is JD's baby, and would prefer to part with Kinsler....but, the right deal ya know

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some talk of trading Profar for Miller and Adams. Cards are wanting a shortstop.
That would give us a rotation pitcher 1st baseman w/ power.

Thank you. But, no chance they trade Miller, right?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, considering he's not very good at the position he's played his entire life

Pretty funny.

I, for whatever reason, feel JD is blowing some smoke re: the interest in Moreland, and I agree with the whomever mentioned how affordable he is and the number of holes we have elsewhere. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to hang on to Mitch, and address the other areas. But hey, everyone is trade-able in the right circumstances.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar for Shelby Miller and Matt Adams

Naw! This is the Cards overpaying.

But there was a lot of buzz re: Miller/Freese for Profar in St Louis. I had 3 buddies from Memphis - which is St Louis south - swear this is a done deal.

I ain't buying this one, from the Rangers standpoint.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless the Yankees really money-whip him (will they do that if they try and keep Cano?)
I think it's Boston or us.

I get the bracing thing, and think it's justified.
And I also agree with you that Profar is JD's baby, and would prefer to part with Kinsler....but, the right deal ya know

Yeah Scotsman took what I was saying all wrong. I meant if JD had his choice I believe he would trade Ian, without question. It just makes to much sense. It allows his baby to make an impact while opening up money for other needs.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I replied twice. I didn't realize I had sent this one, sat back down and became Mr Redundancy.

My apologies

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Scotsman took what I was saying all wrong. I meant if JD had his choice I believe he would trade Ian, without question. It just makes to much sense. It allows his baby to make an impact while opening up money for other needs.

I agree, but I don't think he'll part with Kinsler just for the sake of Profar or a salary dump, Kinsler still adds too much value to our offense.

I guess my point is, I have little doubt that's his preference....but I assume he's smart enough not to downgrade the offense because of his preferences.

God I hope not

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saves about $10 mil for other places. Man, this would be huge, IF, someone will take him and his salary. I'm on record with saying I'd rather see Kins as the odd man out. Same rose-colored-glasses as JD's perhaps.

I'd really like to see us get Ruiz to catch along with Soto. That's a solid catching tandem. Makes an already good pitching staff even better me thinks.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. Then again, JD did say Soto was 'our guy'

Cards are stocked with quality pitching, presently and guys coming up.

Miller didn't throw a ball in the WS, and they still have a young/controllable Wacha.
The Cards don't typically say a lot, I have no doubt at all.... they would trade Miller for a top SS, it's a position that keeps haunting them. I think the revolving SS door is getting old for the Cards.

Kozma is good defensively obviously, but he's an automatic out...and in the NL, that's two automatic outs.
He's gone.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are stocked with quality pitching, presently and guys coming up.

Miller didn't throw a ball in the WS, and they still have a young/controllable Wacha.
The Cards don't typically say a lot, I have no doubt at all.... they would trade Miller for a top SS, it's a position that keeps haunting them. I think the revolving SS door is getting old for the Cards.

Kozma is good defensively obviously, but he's an automatic out...and in the NL, that's two automatic outs.
He's gone.
Agree with you about Kozma

Status
Not open for further replies.