• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but those things were freaking hideous. I like the way Rangers do things...guys are expected to look a little more...professional

(of course if growing hideous beards means a Ring, I could be persuaded to lighten up)

I'd prefer a collection of mustaches to beards myself. And, yes, I wouldn't mind a team full of Bronson Arroyo corn rows if it meant a WS title

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Nap, but I just don't see JD taking this kind of risk. We talked about this disease not that long ago, and there is no cure and no real treatment. AVN is a bitch, because you can be fine, and bam. No baseball...bigger things to worry about.

Beyond that, I wasn't surprised by the pics of him partying, (he always seemed a little wild, for lack of better terms) nor do I care...but I really think he likes it there, and I can imagine they sign him for another year contract

Winning is fun. He had fun in Texas too. Why? Winning is fun.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is fun. He had fun in Texas too. Why? Winning is fun.

yes it is fun.... agreed, and Nap has said he wants to stay in Boston and they are supposedly offering a multi year deal. (link above)

BTW you're right, it's both hips...and there is a lot of risk in signing him

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it is fun.... agreed, and Nap has said he wants to stay in Boston and they are supposedly offering a multi year deal. (link above)

BTW you're right, it's both hips...and there is a lot of risk in signing him
Suppose we don't sign McCann but do sign Cruz, who do we go after with a big bat? Nap is not likely IMO. Your thoughts. Morales maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose we don't sign McCann but do sign Cruz, who do we go after with a big bat? Nap is not likely IMO. Your thoughts. Morales maybe?

Guys....it doesn't have to come from the FA market. Agreed?

Let's see what shakes out. From my vantage point, rabbits pop up from the strangest of places, and JD lives in the strangest of places.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys....it doesn't have to come from the FA market. Agreed?

Let's see what shakes out. From my vantage point, rabbits pop up from the strangest of places, and JD lives in the strangest of places.
Just a question. Don't really care where it comes from.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a question. Don't really care where it comes from.

I'm putting you in the agreed column.

This off season is really interesting. All that "worst-to-first" is going to have an effect; not to mention the overwhelming evidence how long term, huge financial commitments aren't working worth a crap.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angel Fans want to trade Aybar for Lynn....not going to happen. Then you wonder if Trumbo and Aybar would do it, but it's my opinion the Cards are looking for a better SS, franchise guy

I hope they do trade Trumbo and Aybar for Lynn.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they do trade Trumbo and Aybar for Lynn.

The problem with that is, they'd prefer to move Lynn....they move Lynn, and we can't shop a SS for Miller+bat

They aren't trading both Lynn and Miller... but it's just something that was thrown out there by a couple Angel fans commenting on a Cards article.
I was basically trying to follow St Louis articles about trading Miller, and seeing what other SS's the Cards could be in for....and reading opinions of fans in comment section. Basically, whether the Cards fans or other fans liked it or not, we have the best option(s) for the Cards with EA and Profar. In fairness, there were Cards fans that were pretty high on Profar, but of course they wanted to send Freese with Miller.
My opinion is they won't want EA's contract, (which I prefer, I'd rather move Profar) but who knows.

Cards will trade for a SS, absolutely no way they roll with Kozma, and that's not coming from a Cards fan, that's coming from me. ;)

So, no I don't want the Angels trading for Lynn....I want Miller and Adams.
And I think the Cards are tired of the revolving SS door.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really think it's a 99.9% no on Napoli coming back.
signing Cruz worries me because Daniels sounded so indifferent about signing him.... probably means nothing, but still was a little disappointed about the way Daniels talked about a possible deal.

I think they will spend on McCann, and McCann's agent sounded pretty friendly about the Rangers. (for whatever that's worth...but it was a bit surprising and encouraging)

Morales doesn't thrill me alone, (and he's asking a lot) but if other things come together...then great. Low probability, but maybe JD does go after Beltran.

Of course, there could be other good trades we don't see coming and maybe/probably that's most likely... the FA market isn't horrible, it's just quite a few of the best are 30 or older, and likely cost a lot.
Still think they will go high$ on McCann though

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is, they'd prefer to move Lynn....they move Lynn, and we can't shop a SS for Miller+bat

They aren't trading both Lynn and Miller... but it's just something that was thrown out there by a couple Angel fans commenting on a Cards article.
I was basically trying to follow St Louis articles about trading Miller, and seeing what other SS's the Cards could be in for....and reading opinions of fans in comment section. Basically, whether the Cards fans or other fans liked it or not, we have the best option(s) for the Cards with EA and Profar. In fairness, there were Cards fans that were pretty high on Profar, but of course they wanted to send Freese with Miller.
My opinion is they won't want EA's contract, (which I prefer, I'd rather move Profar) but who knows.

Cards will trade for a SS, absolutely no way they roll with Kozma, and that's not coming from a Cards fan, that's coming from me. ;)

So, no I don't want the Angels trading for Lynn....I want Miller and Adams.
And I think the Cards are tired of the revolving SS door.

That's great and all, but I don't see that trade happening. JD wants to move Ian. Profar is his baby. I would like that trade too though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it's a 99.9% no on Napoli coming back.
signing Cruz worries me because Daniels sounded so indifferent about signing him.... probably means nothing, but still was a little disappointed about the way Daniels talked about a possible deal.

I think they will spend on McCann, and McCann's agent sounded pretty friendly about the Rangers. (for whatever that's worth...but it was a bit surprising and encouraging)

Morales doesn't thrill me alone, (and he's asking a lot) but if other things come together...then great. Low probability, but maybe JD does go after Beltran.

Of course, there could be other good trades we don't see coming and maybe/probably that's most likely... the FA market isn't horrible, it's just quite a few of the best are 30 or older, and likely cost a lot.
Still think they will go high$ on McCann though

I think McCann ends up in Boston. Olney already said that McCann would take less money to go to Boston.

In an appearance on WEEI Radio's Mut & Merloni Show on Wednesday (WEEI.com's Jackson Alexander has a partial transcript), Olney said that if the Red Sox make Brian McCann a competitive offer, McCann would consider taking slightly less money since he's a good fit in their clubhouse atmosphere.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great and all, but I don't see that trade happening. JD wants to move Ian. Profar is his baby. I would like that trade too though.

do you have an inside ear in JD's office? i've heard they're listening on all 3 infielders but not really looking to trade any of them. other than some comment on any team that wants Kinsler will have to blow the doors off and eat all of his 5 year $57M contract. that doesn't sound like JD wants to really move anyone

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD has been getting calling from several teams about Moreland, does that mean that JD wants to trade Moreland?

not in my book, just that JD like any GM is willing to listen to offers but it doesn't mean he wants to move any one

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in Tanaka? I would not mind another Yu Darvish that costs money and no players. From what I hear the Yankees are really going after him so the price could be high but if he pitches like Yu it may be worth a look and money well spent.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCann ends up in Boston. Olney already said that McCann would take less money to go to Boston.

In an appearance on WEEI Radio's Mut & Merloni Show on Wednesday (WEEI.com's Jackson Alexander has a partial transcript), Olney said that if the Red Sox make Brian McCann a competitive offer, McCann would consider taking slightly less money since he's a good fit in their clubhouse atmosphere.

Sure, but Abbot (not Olney) also talked about how McMann would like the Texas clubhouse as well and is a good fit,

Brian McCann's options, including Texas Rangers, wide open - ESPN Dallas

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in Tanaka? I would not mind another Yu Darvish that costs money and no players. From what I hear the Yankees are really going after him so the price could be high but if he pitches like Yu it may be worth a look and money well spent.

Scouting reports say his control is better, but his stuff is.nowhere near Darvish's. Of course, nobody's stiff is anywhere near Darvish's.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting reports say his control is better, but his stuff is.nowhere near Darvish's. Of course, nobody's stiff is anywhere near Darvish's.

Hard to have the same stuff that Yu has and even though it costs plenty of bidding money the annual salary is usually reasonable and he would be ours for a number of years. From what I have read about him I would love to add him to our staff for another 4-5 years. One thing I was not sure is only the annual salary count against the salary cap/luxury tax? I was not sure if the money spent on the bid counted or not.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to have the same stuff that Yu has and even though it costs plenty of bidding money the annual salary is usually reasonable and he would be ours for a number of years. From what I have read about him I would love to add him to our staff for another 4-5 years. One thing I was not sure is only the annual salary count against the salary cap/luxury tax? I was not sure if the money spent on the bid counted or not.

Bid money doesn't count, just his actual contract

Status
Not open for further replies.