• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers and resonable price, now there's a concept
;)

I'm alright with Garza, somehow I don't see JD going after him, of course now that I've said that,
he'll sign him tomorrow

:clap: Very true on pitchers and a reasonable price. I should have known those do not go together.

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved how Darvish appeared so many times the writer just stopped talking about him, but you are absolutely correct that the slow curve should follow a good fastball since the hitter's timing should be messed up (hopefully, otherwise the ghost of Travis Hafner will destroy it)

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that pissed me off was to Wise. That's ably the only pitch of Yu's he could take yard and he was sitting on it.

That one pissed me off the most too. I think the one he gave up to Hafner was after he threw it twice in a row, but I'm not completely positive.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.....Happy New Year.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves, but not too much, if you know what I mean?

Please be safe and let's keep this friendly banter going into the new year.

Go Rangers

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen or heard concerns about this before? New to me, but the concerns seem legit to me.

Concerns over Tanaka pitch counts

It's not just Tanaka but every other Japanese pitcher. They are always ones there you need to be cautious about. Darvish was the safe bet on that front because of his father who spent a lot of years in the U.S. knew that was not normal and best way to go about a pitcher's workload. I need to find it but there is a great article on Japanese baseball and this program/camp/tournament thing they go too and the pitchers throw hundreds of pitches in a short amount of time. And due to the Japanese culture, it's not in them to say no or show they can't or won't do it. That's why workload issue was never a concern and may be another reason Texas want all in for Yu. It's a great article. I'll try to find it and post it here.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bc I'm bored...I thought I would take a look at the 25 man roster as it stands currently.

C-G. Soto
1B-P. Fielder
2B-J. Profar
3B-A. Beltre
SS-E. Andres
LF-S. Choo
CF-L. Martin
RF-A. Rios
DH-M. Moreland
Bench
A. Rosales UTL
J. Arencibia C
E. Beltre OF
SP
Y. Darvish
D. Holland
M. Harrison
M. Perez
N. Tepesch/C. Lewis
RP
N. Feliz
T. Scheppers
A. Ogando
J. Soria
R. Ross
J. Frasor
N. Cotts
M. Kirkman/J. Ortiz

All that to say it appears there are only two positions being battled for this spring in the 5th rotation spot and long man in the bullpen

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested to hear your opinions as to how accurate you feel this is, as well as, just what place each player in the bullpen will fit into. That is the most up in the air portion to me.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bc I'm bored...I thought I would take a look at the 25 man roster as it stands currently.

C-G. Soto
1B-P. Fielder
2B-J. Profar
3B-A. Beltre
SS-E. Andres
LF-S. Choo
CF-L. Martin
RF-A. Rios
DH-M. Moreland
Bench
A. Rosales UTL
J. Arencibia C
E. Beltre OF
SP
Y. Darvish
D. Holland
M. Harrison
M. Perez
N. Tepesch/C. Lewis
RP
N. Feliz
T. Scheppers
A. Ogando
J. Soria
R. Ross
J. Frasor
N. Cotts
M. Kirkman/J. Ortiz

All that to say it appears there are only two positions being battled for this spring in the 5th rotation spot and long man in the bullpen

Those two spots go hand in hand. Whoever doesnt win the 5th spot will likely be the long man

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured that someone would say that, but I was thinking that the Rangers are hoping Lewis can win the 5th spot and let Tepesch start in AAA until needed. If Lewis isn't ready or can't do it anymore, then they go with Tepesch as #5 and maybe Kirkman or Ortiz make it as a long-man.