• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually had a pretty good ST ... 2.45ERA in 11.0IP ... .184BAA ... 0.73WHIP

If I remember correctly TEX had concerns with the bullpen talent ... specifically lack of LH RPs. I think while Ortiz had a great ST and a good RS start I believe TEX chose to cover their bet on Ortiz with Ross and Kirkman in the bullpen and install Tepesch as the #5 SP. That being more manageable then finding another backup LH RP to team with Ross. Course that next LH RP turned out to be Neal Cotts.

Had Cotts and Ross been the LH RPs in the 2013 camp ... real good possibility is that Kirkman might have been the #5 versus Tepesch.

IMO.

Though one big problem with Kirkman is his control, looking at his minor league numbers he's issued a lot of free passes.

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is a viable choice? Throwing 100 million at Tanaka? Other than that, I don't see much out there

That's true, Santana I would not want to see in this park at all. Maybe Garza if his price drops a bit but I don't see that happening. If I was guaranteed that Ubaldo would stay with the same mechanics that led to that really good second half I'd be more willing to go after him but he's just so freaking inconsistent.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, Santana I would not want to see in this park at all. Maybe Garza if his price drops a bit but I don't see that happening. If I was guaranteed that Ubaldo would stay with the same mechanics that led to that really good second half I'd be more willing to go after him but he's just so freaking inconsistent.

Looking at his career, the 2nd half last year looks like the outlier

Not to mention the draft pick compensation involved with Santana & Jimenez

None with Garza, but we all saw how he did last year

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is that the Indians' pitching coach really helped in fixing Ubaldo's mechanics which is why he did so good, problem is that he tends to revert back to bad mechanics and then he pitches badly again.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that the Indians' pitching coach really helped in fixing Ubaldo's mechanics which is why he did so good, problem is that he tends to revert back to bad mechanics and then he pitches badly again.

I'm inclined to let somebody else mess with that headache, same with Santana

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
During the season I follow class A and up almost every day. Which is why I am so high on Odor as of now. Yeah, I know, that last sentence can lead to a number of jokes.

Last season we posted Scott Lucas daily farm report email in a thread of its own for quite a bit of the season. Got to be too much work though. Scott Lucas daily email that you can subscribe to via Jamey's website is super coverage from Rookie League and Short League all the way up to AAA.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention the draft pick compensation involved with Santana & Jimenez

None with Garza, but we all saw how he did last year

Truth, and I'm tired of paying the Cubs for rentals that get here and crap the bed.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season we posted Scott Lucas daily farm report email in a thread of its own for quite a bit of the season. Got to be too much work though. Scott Lucas daily email that you can subscribe to via Jamey's website is super coverage from Rookie League and Short League all the way up to AAA.

I played baseball and with my dad being in the military made All Star teams in 3 different states at 3rd base. My dad was an All State catcher in the state of Pa and drafted by the Indans. So I am a baseball nut. So the first thing when I log on at work is I have each Ranger minor league team saved to favorites and I check it out.

So thanks for sharing that as I will want to see what they have to say. Is there a cost to that website?

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to let somebody else mess with that headache, same with Santana

I agree with you there, Garza might be the most attractive one in that bunch but that's not saying much. I think he's also demanding a 5 year deal which will presumably make some teams weary about signing him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you there, Garza might be the most attractive one in that bunch but that's not saying much. I think he's also demanding a 5 year deal which will presumably make some teams weary about signing him.

I am okay with Garza but 5 years is out of the question. Anyone that does that is nuts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played baseball and with my dad being in the military made All Star teams in 3 different states at 3rd base. My dad was an All State catcher in the state of Pa and drafted by the Indans. So I am a baseball nut. So the first thing when I log on at work is I have each Ranger minor league team saved to favorites and I check it out.

So thanks for sharing that as I will want to see what they have to say. Is there a cost to that website?

not sure about the website, but the emails are free.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No cost. Free. Save time having to log onto Arizona ... Spokane ... Hickory ... Myrtle Beach ... Frisco ... and Round Rock. Scott's email assessment of prior night's action arrives midafternoon the next day often including video of highlights.

Here's the compilation of daily email reports from Scott Lucas (works out of Round Rock) ...

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/texas-rangers/100852-scott-lucas-daily-farm-report.html

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4/60 is about the extent of my generosity

And at that price I'd just assume roll with Tepesch

After what seemed like a nightmare with our injuries to the pitching staff I would not mind adding Garza at a reasonable price otherwise I would agree with you. It wasn't just Lewis and Harrison but Ogando, Perez, Soria, Darvish, Tepesch and Kirkman that went to the DL.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what seemed like a nightmare with our injuries to the pitching staff I would not mind adding Garza at a reasonable price otherwise I would agree with you. It wasn't just Lewis and Harrison but Ogando, Perez, Soria, Darvish, Tepesch and Kirkman that went to the DL.

Darvish was never on the DL, did Yu mean someone else?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pitchers and resonable price, now there's a concept
;)

I'm alright with Garza, somehow I don't see JD going after him, of course now that I've said that,
he'll sign him tomorrow