• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not like it. I said we could do with less of it. That does not apply to good debates. This is a board with knowledgeable people. Everyone can learn from them in good debates but senseless bickering and such nobody gains from it.

My apologies to DT, Greg, and anyone else annoyed by my arguing and bickering with JTA lately. I agree, we should all stick to baseball and I will admit that I played a large role in taking it there. At times I put a lot of thought and personal effort into my posts and it seems like every time I do so, JTA is always there to reject it without putting in near the same effort I did in the original post. Not to mention, it just seems like he always has to give his rubber stamp of approval or disapproval on just about anyones post and it seems he fancies himself as the top expert on this board. He can also be very condescending to several posters on this board. I will never deny he knows his baseball though.

Anyway, it took a while but this has gotten under my skin and again, I apologize to anyone that this has either annoyed or offended. Also, you are right, no one is gaining anything from it. I think I should probably take a break from posting here for a while to avoid any further confrontation and interrupting anyone else's baseball conversations as I am not sure if I am at the point yet where I can just keep my mouth shut about it.

So, I will see you all a little closer to Spring Training and I promise not to return until I feel like can either get along with him or at least avoid any senseless confrontation.

Baseball can't get here fast enough. Until, then and as always GO RANGERS!!!

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel as if my comment was intended nor should be interpreted as asking anyone to not post here...I was just making an observation that it seemed to be more common lately and I was blaming that on not having any real baseball news to talk about.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know how you feel. A back handed apology is no apology at all.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies to DT, Greg, and anyone else annoyed by my arguing and bickering with JTA lately. I agree, we should all stick to baseball and I will admit that I played a large role in taking it there. At times I put a lot of thought and personal effort into my posts and it seems like every time I do so, JTA is always there to reject it without putting in near the same effort I did in the original post. Not to mention, it just seems like he always has to give his rubber stamp of approval or disapproval on just about anyones post and it seems he fancies himself as the top expert on this board. He can also be very condescending to several posters on this board. I will never deny he knows his baseball though.

Anyway, it took a while but this has gotten under my skin and again, I apologize to anyone that this has either annoyed or offended. Also, you are right, no one is gaining anything from it. I think I should probably take a break from posting here for a while to avoid any further confrontation and interrupting anyone else's baseball conversations as I am not sure if I am at the point yet where I can just keep my mouth shut about it.

So, I will see you all a little closer to Spring Training and I promise not to return until I feel like can either get along with him or at least avoid any senseless confrontation.

Don't worry about it dude..... I think most people on the internet get trolled at one point or another. I wouldn't be concerned about it if I was you, not much is going on right now anyway. I think it will be easier for everyone once spring training begins and we actually have stuff to talk about. I've never had any issues with JTA. Romeo likes to call me a knee-jerk football fan, but I don't try engage him in a pointless argument that will clog up the board. If anything, we need as many people posting as possible right now to keep it interesting.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangraphs says Molina allowed 26 stolen bases in 46 attempts

39 is what the Cardinals allowded

Molina is crazy good. And does a good job hitting as well. He is so different in build compared to his brothers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like some of you turned out to be right about Ortega.

The Pirates have acquired first baseman Chris McGuiness from the Rangers for reliever Miles Mikolas, according to a team release. The Rangers also designated outfielder Rafael Ortega for assignment. McGuiness was designated for assignment when the Rangers signed Shin-Soo Choo.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have no reason to apologize to me or anyone else. Don't think twice about it. You have every right to express your thoughts. I wasn't addressing you or JTA but responding to Gregrey. No problem at all.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like some of you turned out to be right about Ortega.

The Pirates have acquired first baseman Chris McGuiness from the Rangers for reliever Miles Mikolas, according to a team release. The Rangers also designated outfielder Rafael Ortega for assignment. McGuiness was designated for assignment when the Rangers signed Shin-Soo Choo.

Turned McGuiness into a pitcher, how good or bad he is, I don't know, but he wasn't given away for nothing, thats a plus

**Looking at his minor league numbers, looks like he could be a solid bullpen contributor going forward, and he's 25, can't ask for much more from McGuinnes**

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=mikola001mil

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned McGuiness into a pitcher, how good or bad he is, I don't know, but he wasn't given away for nothing, thats a plus

**Looking at his minor league numbers, looks like he could be a solid bullpen contributor going forward, and he's 25, can't ask for much more from McGuinnes**

Miles Mikolas Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

I was reading about Mikolas earlier had stated he had a good breaking pitch and a fastball that hit 98 but was flat. It was stated he could be a good middle relief guy. Get some life on the fastball then look out.

As badly as Pittsburgh needed a 1st baseman McGuiness should get some playing time.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about Mikolas earlier had stated he had a good breaking pitch and a fastball that hit 98 but was flat. It was stated he could be a good middle relief guy. Get some life on the fastball then look out.

As badly as Pittsburgh needed a 1st baseman McGuiness should get some playing time.

Too bad we couldn't turn their need for a 1B into one of their younger starters for Moreland! Then sign Morales. But that would have been crazy good luck.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we couldn't turn their need for a 1B into one of their younger starters for Moreland! Then sign Morales. But that would have been crazy good luck.

Wouldn't have happened anyway, that would've been a pretty stupid on their part

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like both Sardi and Odor, but you may be right. It's just what I've read from a minor league guy I follow.

Rev ... am curious. Only minor league guy I read is Scott Lucas via the Newberg Report. Don't spend any time on Jamey's site though. What minor league guy do you follow? Thanks...

What about you other guys ... who do you read to stay current on minor league players? Or Winterball?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is really weird to me as far as tanaka goes is the lack of highlight videos on him. I've looked everywhere. When darvish was posted, there were tons of videos of different games and stuff. On tanaka, theres basically one or two videos that are recycled in every article over and over. I'm trying to find videos to judge his fastball with my own eyes. Scouts say it doesnt move, but I want to see it. I've only seen 2 or 3 from the small amount of highlights, and it looks very flat, but then again its only 3 fastballs. Its very odd to me that potentially the best pitcher on the FA market this year has hardly any videos of him pitching, even though he had one of, if not the most dominant season in japanese baseball history

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is really weird to me as far as tanaka goes is the lack of highlight videos on him. I've looked everywhere. When darvish was posted, there were tons of videos of different games and stuff. On tanaka, theres basically one or two videos that are recycled in every article over and over. I'm trying to find videos to judge his fastball with my own eyes. Scouts say it doesnt move, but I want to see it. I've only seen 2 or 3 from the small amount of highlights, and it looks very flat, but then again its only 3 fastballs. Its very odd to me that potentially the best pitcher on the FA market this year has hardly any videos of him pitching, even though he had one of, if not the most dominant season in japanese baseball history

There are tons of videos out there, I don't know how you're not finding anything, I spent 30 minutes watching videos of him the other day, one was about 10 or so minutes of him in live action not just highlight pitches

But yeah, his flat ball is very flat and stays up in the zone A LOT

But that splitter is filthy and his slider is good but not Darvish good

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are tons of videos out there, I don't know how you're not finding anything, I spent 30 minutes watching videos of him the other day, one was about 10 or so minutes of him in live action not just highlight pitches

But yeah, his flat ball is very flat and stays up in the zone A LOT

But that splitter is filthy and his slider is good but not Darvish good

Well no slider is Darvish good, Darvish probably has the filthiest slider in the world.