• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they'll make a move, and something tells me they'll get that solid DH still, even though my friend indicated we had moved on

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they'll make a move, and something tells me they'll get that solid DH still, even though my friend indicated we had moved on

I don't think iit will be Cruz. I'd settle for someone like baker if he's healthy.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't think itll be cruz either. I was referring more to morales

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've accepted the likelihood of Moreland being DH. I hope your friend tells us of plans to get someone better.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Beltre is starting a decline, I believe he's still better than the vast majority. I'm not convinced he wasn't paying hurt a lot last year.

He is better than most, and yes he was hurt a lot last season. But fact of the matter is, he has been hurt a considerable amount of time, even though he perceived, a lot over the last few seasons.

He's still an elite 3rd baseman. Just not necessarily the best.

I still love him.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they mentioned Baker there to you, Terps? They keeping up on him?

No, to this point its always been the big fish because of the front office wide want to trade moreland. It was only within the past couple of days we backed off of cruz and eased a little bit off of morales. We could still get morales, but boras would have to call us. I don't think we'll be calling them

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand the huge problem with moving Profar; 3 years or so down the road. Might happen, might not. But you're acting like this is insane.

The best 3rd baseman in the AL is a very young, converted SS in Baltimore.

Machado was converted because he was blocked at SS, and they wanted to get him in the line-up and on the field, much like Profar. (and now we know why)
Almost anything you read had/has Machado moving back to SS by 2015.
BUT, that was before his injury....who knows how much that will effect him, hopefully not much...exciting player

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado was converted because he was blocked at SS, and they wanted to get him in the line-up and on the field, much like Profar. (and now we know why)
BUT, that was before his injury....who knows how much that will effect him, hopefully not much...exciting player

Someone has to take over for Beltre. If profar's bat develops and sardinas or odor develop into legitimate major league middle infielders, why not consider moving him to third? His defense would certainly be elite.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never read anything alluding to Machado moving back to SS, at least nothing reputable, may have missed something,

the point is it made sense to move him and they did, same will happen with Profar IF it makes sense, if it doesn't he won't move, we won't know until Odor gets closer to the Show

I'm pretty sure Machado stays at 3B, but thats JMO

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never read anything alluding to Machado moving back to SS, at least nothing reputable, may have missed something,

the point is it made sense to move him and they did, same will happen with Profar IF it makes sense, if it doesn't he won't move, we won't know until Odor gets closer to the Show

I'm pretty sure Machado stays at 3B, but thats JMO

well, agreed...we need to see what happens with Profar and Odor. I never disputed that.

"if it makes sense" was my entire point, we could agree also agree there. They don't just automatically move Profar there because he can (probably) play third.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, agreed...we need to see what happens with Profar and Odor. I never disputed that.

"if it makes sense" was my entire point, we could agree also agree there. They don't just automatically move Profar there because he can (probably) play third.

There we go, some common ground, and that's all I was ever saying,

If Odor is the real deal at 2B and we don't plan on trading Andrus, then it only makes sense to shift Profar later on, to make room for Odor at 2B

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to take over for Beltre. If profar's bat develops and sardinas or odor develop into legitimate major league middle infielders, why not consider moving him to third? His defense would certainly be elite.

Because if he has elite SS defensive skills and can also manage his offensive projections, we would be wasting one of the rarest things in baseball, and then we get back into the value argument

Do you think JD will play him at 3rd if he ends holding that much value as a SS in the League?
I'm saying no way

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if he has elite SS defensive skills and can also manage his offensive projections, we would be wasting one of the rarest things in baseball, and then we get back into the value argument

Do you think JD will play him at 3rd if he ends holding that much value as a SS in the League?
I'm saying no way

If Andrus is already there, then how is he going to play SS?

All of this speculation is based on the premise that we have Profar, Andrus & Odor

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm saying no way

If they retain Andrus? Absolutely. Andrus is and for tge foreseeable future will be a better defensive ss than profar.