• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no way you move a (projected) elite defender, young SS to third base at such a young age, an incredible waste. 2nd is one thing, (it's still a waste) but third, no...that should never happen.

speaking about Profar of course.

3 years down the road, not now

Worked for Manny Machado and even Adrian Beltre (also came up as a SS)

It's not a waste bc you already have an elite SS there, it would be different if SS was a question mark going forward,

In 3 years your best 3 players for 3B, SS & 2B might just be Profar, Andrus & Odor

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd is still a better use of Profar because his projected range can be utilized...that's not the case at third.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might move a SS to third as they age, but not a young one. Profar will still be incredibly young.
I'm not sure he will even stay at second, nor am I sure they intend to keep both of EA and Profar, that will depends on how Odor progresses, but I can almost guarantee you they will not move him to third in three years.

I don't think you can guarantee much of anything in 3 years

If your best three players are Odor, Andrus & Profar to fill those 3 positions, you do it

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years down the road, not now

Worked for Manny Machado and even Adrian Beltre (also came up as a SS)

It's not a waste bc you already have an elite SS there, it would be different if SS was a question mark going forward,

In 3 years your best 3 players for 3B, SS & 2B might just be Profar, Andrus & Odor

Manny Machado and Adrian Beltre were never #1 prospects at SS. It's a poor comparison.
Once again, if he is as good as projected defensively, you will never see him at third...not before he's 30 and probably not even then.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny Machado and Adrian Beltre were never #1 prospects at SS. It's a poor comparison.
Once again, if he is as good as projected defensively, you will never see him at third...not before he's 30 and probably not even then.

Machado and Adrian Beltre WERE top prospects at SS, if you're claiming they weren't then you don't know as much as I thought you did

Machado was the #14 prospect in all of baseball in 2010, and #11 in 2011 AS A SS, he only moved to 3B b/c they needed one and already had someone to play SS

Beltre was #30 after 1996 & #3 after 1997 AS A SS

So much for that NEVER happening

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can guarantee much of anything in 3 years

If your best three players are Odor, Andrus & Profar to fill those 3 positions, you do it

I can guarantee if his range meets the predictions, he will not be at third in 3 years.
That would be an atrocious waste of talent, and it's not going to happen

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee if his range meets the predictions, he will not be at third in 3 years.
That would be an atrocious waste of talent, and it's not going to happen

Yes, Adrian Beltre and Manny Machado are just atrocious wastes of talent

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado and Adrian Beltre WERE top prospects at SS, if you're claiming they weren't then you don't know as much as I thought you did

Machado was the #14 prospect in all of baseball in 2010, and #11 in 2011 AS A SS, he only moved to 3B b/c they needed one and already had someone to play SS

So much for that NEVER happening

They weren't the top prospect, and I'm not entirely sure Machado won't be moved to SS at some point, he's young...they could end up moving things around, with trades, what have you.
Like I said, if his range turns out to be the real deal....he's not moving there

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't the top prospect, and I'm not entirely sure Machado won't be moved to SS at some point, he's young...they could end up moving things around, with trades, what have you.
Like I said, if his range turns out to be the real deal....he's not moving there

There was debate as to who was a better Machado or Profar, so there goes that theory...

Point is Machado came up as a SS, who some considered better than Profar, early returns point toward Machado being the better player, and they MOVED him to 3B, so it DOES happen!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Beltre was just a natural gifted third, and not the gifted SS Profar could be

HAHA, keep twisting, you're already wrong

And maybe Profar is destined to be a great 3B as well, time will tell

I'm just saying, its stupid to completely rule it out, bc it HAS happened before, despite your claims that NEVER happens

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA, keep twisting, you're already wrong

And maybe Profar is destined to be a great 3B as well, time will tell

I'm just saying, its stupid to completely rule it out, bc it HAS happened before, despite your claims that NEVER happens

learn some reading comprehension, I said IF he turns out to be the elite defender he's projected to be, he will not be moved to third

Nobody said it's never happened before, you're the one twisting everything

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not twisting anything, you're the one that said that Machado and Beltre weren't top prospects at SS, WRONG

I've only presented facts and the possibility of Profar moving to 3B in the future, which IS a possibility based on what other teams have done in the past

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not twisting anything, you're the one that said that Machado and Beltre weren't top prospects at SS, WRONG

I've only presented facts and the possibility of Profar moving to 3B in the future, which IS a possibility based on what other teams have done in the past

No, you're wrong...
I said they weren't the number one prospects, which they were not.

That is a fact.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If profar ends up being a 20 hr guy and we have another elite, slick fielding prospect ready for the bigs with better defense than profar, I have no problem moving him to third. I'm honestly not sure I see that happening, but we need to start formulating an answer for the day Beltre is no longer our rock at third base, and I don't believe Gallo is that answer.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If profar ends up being a 20 hr guy and we have another elite, slick fielding prospect ready for the bigs with better defense than profar, I have no problem moving him to third. I'm honestly not sure I see that happening, but we need to start formulating an answer for the day Beltre is no longer our rock at third base, and I don't believe Gallo is that answer.
Hard to imagine another like Beltre

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're wrong...
I said they weren't the number one prospects, which they were not.

That is a fact.

Depends on who you asked, some people had Machado rated higher than Profar

Based on early returns, they might have been right

#1 and #2 SS prospects there really wasn't much difference between the 2, so we're splitting hairs there

But frame it up however you need to to make yourself feel better

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And thats the only point I'm making

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Profar being almost as good at D, but not giving anywhere near the offensive value.

Agree but the offense could be above average. Hard to match Beltre. And if Odor continues to show the pop he showed at A and at the end if the year at Frisco then we could be okay. And you are right we really have no one to step in for Beltre down the road at this time. Profar is our best solution right now.