• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Rev I might have to say Sardinas is expendable of those four because I think that Odor could take over 2nd and Profar move to 3rd as Beltre ages. But you are right on any of these minor league guys as you just really never know what you have until the time comes.

I like both Sardi and Odor, but you may be right. It's just what I've read from a minor league guy I follow.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a shity day..... No baseball news really. Do we have to wait until college football ends or what?

Actually the holidays is what slows it down. As far as I am concerned college football for the most part has ended as most of these bowl games are garbage. It is sad when 500 teams are playing in bowl games.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've long been an advocate of keeping Odor and trading Sardinas and eventually moving Profar to 3B someday when Beltre's contract is done in a couple years

Right plus Profar has shown to be versatile in the IF and Odor has some pop to his bat.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both Sardi and Odor, but you may be right. It's just what I've read from a minor league guy I follow.

Swapping Sardinas for Odor makes that trade palpable, though I really would hate to lose LuJack & Gallo as well

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swapping Sardinas for Odor makes that trade palpable, though I really would hate to lose LuJack & Gallo as well

Gallo is one heck of a lottery pick though, if he can cut down his strikeout percentage to around 25% while continuing to draw walks, he's going to be a monster offensively. But he also a shot at becoming the next Russell Branyan if he keeps striking out as much as he does.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the holidays is what slows it down. As far as I am concerned college football for the most part has ended as most of these bowl games are garbage. It is sad when 500 teams are playing in bowl games.
Very sad. I remember the Rose, Cotton, Sugar and Orange was it and we would have more than one game going at the same time. Fun times and good football. Back to baseball.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad. I remember the Rose, Cotton, Sugar and Orange was it and we would have more than one game going at the same time. Fun times and good football. Back to baseball.
Remember the ol Southwest Conference, DT? Those were the days.

Now back to baseball.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted there are, IMO, too many bowl games. 30 games is a whole lot.

But this season so far, it's been pretty entertaining. There's been 15 games, and in 7 of them it's been 7 pts or less for the win. Good competitive ball really. And the Wash St game vs Colo St was fantastic. A lot of these games are like, "who cares bowl" but competitive none-the-less.

Besides, your BEARS are coming up sir. Roll Bears.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no way you move a (projected) elite defender, young SS to third base at such a young age, an incredible waste. 2nd is one thing, (it's still a waste) but third, no...that should never happen.

speaking about Profar of course.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no way you move a (projected) elite defender, young SS to third base at such a young age, an incredible waste. 2nd is one thing, (it's still a waste) but third, no...that should never happen.

Lainey, last we heard from you you were catching footballs in the end zone. Cowboys can use you now I think. :)

You make it back home?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as EA is around Profar will never play ss and it is not unusual for a ss to end up at 3rd because of arm strength. I actually find it more of a waste for a good ss to end up at 2nd. And Profar has the tools to be a good 3rd baseman. Plus it may be 3 years down the road.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on LSB.

Yesterday, Jamey Newberg sent out an email report in which he proposed this potential Rangers/Marlins trade:
Alex Rios, Michael Choice, Rougned Odor, Luke Jackson, Joey Gallo, Connor Sadzeck, and $8 million for Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna.
This proposal prompted a fair amount of discussion yesterday, and so I thought I'd do a poll on this.
If you were the Rangers, and this trade were on the table, would you make this trade?

Absolutely. No way Miami would go for it tho.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as EA is around Profar will never play ss and it is not unusual for a ss to end up at 3rd because of arm strength. I actually find it more of a waste for a good ss to end up at 2nd. And Profar has the tools to be a good 3rd baseman. Plus it may be 3 years down the road.

You might move a SS to third as they age, but not a young one. Profar will still be incredibly young.
I'm not sure he will even stay at second, nor am I sure they intend to keep both of EA and Profar, that will depends on how Odor progresses, but I can almost guarantee you they will not move him to third in three years.