• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I've always wanted Stanton, but damn I don't know on this one. I actually don't think it would take that much, but if it did, I think I would pass.

For a guy who is apparently always hurt he sure finds a way to get 500 PAs and average over 3 wins the past 3 seasons.

Like I said above, it would boil down to Lu Jack, Odor, and Gallo+ for Giancarlo, and damn that's tempting to me. Odor is the one thing that really holds me back, but with EA, Profar, and Sardi he's one sweet luxury. So fuck it...make the deal if Miami would bite.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked a question and I answered

You don't like my response, tough shit

I didn't say I didn't like your response. What I don't like around here is your asshole attitude that assumes everyone is looking to pick fights with you. Keep on doing what makes you happy though.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting that he has Leonys batting 2nd against RHP. I would entertain the idea, but I also have a weird feeling we're going to see Elvis have a great year.

Yeah batting Elvis 9th seemed odd to me.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on LSB.

Yesterday, Jamey Newberg sent out an email report in which he proposed this potential Rangers/Marlins trade:
Alex Rios, Michael Choice, Rougned Odor, Luke Jackson, Joey Gallo, Connor Sadzeck, and $8 million for Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna.
This proposal prompted a fair amount of discussion yesterday, and so I thought I'd do a poll on this.
If you were the Rangers, and this trade were on the table, would you make this trade?

Our farm has taken many hits over the years via trade..... I think JD needs to give our guys more time to develop. That proposal seems too pricey for me, I think the rangers have great expectations for Odor, Jackson, and Gallo. Do they not?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I didn't like your response. What I don't like around here is your asshole attitude that assumes everyone is looking to pick fights with you. Keep on doing what makes you happy though.

I didn't assume anything, you actually made a snarky comment about me not wanting Stanton for that package

I don't assume anyone is picking fights with me, there's too many people get butt hurt around here when I don't agree with their opinions, if it turns into an argument, so be it, I'm not going to back down

like I said, don't like it? tough shit

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy who is apparently always hurt he sure finds a way to get 500 PAs and average over 3 wins the past 3 seasons.

Like I said above, it would boil down to Lu Jack, Odor, and Gallo+ for Giancarlo, and damn that's tempting to me. Odor is the one thing that really holds me back, but with EA, Profar, and Sardi he's one sweet luxury. So fuck it...make the deal if Miami would bite.

He also does it in that monstrosity in Miami. Odor doesn't really have a spot on this team unless someone moves to 3rd or EA/Profar gets traded in the next few years. I really think Gallo has the swing and power to be special if he can just cut down on the K's.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Had no clue he was left on the 40. Guess I haven't look at it in a while. I would have said him if I knew he had been on it still. He was really nothing special.

You and Romeo are lots smarter than we were I guess. I guess our pick of 'bubble man' ... Rafael Ortega ... clearly was as steal getting him off waivers from COL. Never saw a guy Baseball Reference listed as "Pinch Hitter and CF" with 6ML ABs.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our farm has taken many hits over the years via trade..... I think JD needs to give our guys more time to develop. That proposal seems too pricey for me, I think the rangers have great expectations for Odor, Jackson, and Gallo. Do they not?

Odor might turn into a good major leaguer, but it's still too early to tell. He's expendable in the Rangers org, because of Profar, EA, and Sardi.

LuJack is a nice piece that might one day pan out, but it's also too early to tell.

And Gallo is the ultimate lottery ticket. He might be a trumbo/reynolds type player one day or he might just never figure out how to stop striking out.

I can see both sides of this one. Lots of pros and cons, but I think in the end I still might say yes. This is just hypothetical though.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

116 & 123 games the last 2 years

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't assume anything, you actually made a snarky comment about me not wanting Stanton for that package

I don't assume anyone is picking fights with me, there's too many people get butt hurt around here when I don't agree with their opinions, if it turns into an argument, so be it, I'm not going to back down

like I said, don't like it? tough shit

I never care if you agree with me. You should probably start eating some fiber because you apparently have lots of tough shits.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before last season I would have agreed with you, but after the season Derek had he's our second best pitcher behind Darvish. That's no insult to Harrison either, I'm just going to wait and see how he does when he starts pitching again.

To me it is far from clear cut who our second best pitcher is.

Holland last season pitched 213 innings, with a 3.42 ERA, 2 1/2-1 SO/W ratio, while Harrison in 2012 had 213, 3.29 with a 2-1 ratio. And for whatever it's worth Harrison had a much better W-L record.

And if Perez shows the similar growth from 2013 till next year, he will enter the conversation too perhaps. But I seriously don't want to put a monkey on this young guys back so early.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it is far from clear cut who our second best pitcher is.

Holland last season pitched 213 innings, with a 3.42 ERA, 2 1/2-1 SO/W ratio, while Harrison in 2012 had 213, 3.29 with a 2-1 ratio. And for whatever it's worth Harrison had a much better W-L record.

And if Perez shows the similar growth from 2013 till next year, he will enter the conversation too perhaps. But I seriously don't want to put a monkey on this young guys back so early.

I agree that it's not clear cut. Harrison is very consistent, and I have more faith in him to shut down the opponent than I do Holland. Holland had a good year, but I need to see him do it again.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it's not clear cut. Harrison is very consistent, and I have more faith in him to shut down the opponent than I do Holland. Holland had a good year, but I need to see him do it again.

Harrison always looks flustered when he pitches. I mean the look on his face.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles have made contact with Cruz's agent, but there have been few indications that negotiations have progressed much. The O's would have to forfeit the No. 17 overall pick in next year's draft to sign Cruz.

I certainly wouldn't mind that.

I'd rather him go to Baltimore than Seattle.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor might turn into a good major leaguer, but it's still too early to tell. He's expendable in the Rangers org, because of Profar, EA, and Sardi.

LuJack is a nice piece that might one day pan out, but it's also too early to tell.

And Gallo is the ultimate lottery ticket. He might be a trumbo/reynolds type player one day or he might just never figure out how to stop striking out.

I can see both sides of this one. Lots of pros and cons, but I think in the end I still might say yes. This is just hypothetical though.

Actually Rev I might have to say Sardinas is expendable of those four because I think that Odor could take over 2nd and Profar move to 3rd as Beltre ages. But you are right on any of these minor league guys as you just really never know what you have until the time comes.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Rev I might have to say Sardinas is expendable of those four because I think that Odor could take over 2nd and Profar move to 3rd as Beltre ages. But you are right on any of these minor league guys as you just really never know what you have until the time comes.

I've long been an advocate of keeping Odor and trading Sardinas and eventually moving Profar to 3B someday when Beltre's contract is done in a couple years