• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a career .300 BA/ .370 OBP against LH pitchers. Oh well. I think he would have been a good addition. I hope he doesn't kill our LH starters.

Morse and Hart both signed cheap one year deals to prove their healthy and productive so they can cash in next FA, yet both went to terrible places for them to do so. Both bad places for RH power and in SF Morse will actually have to play in the OF.

Shoulda came here Morse, shoulda came here

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morse and Hart both signed cheap one year deals to prove their healthy and productive so they can cash in next FA, yet both went to terrible places for them to do so. Both bad places for RH power and in SF Morse will actually have to play in the OF.

Morse has been healthy once and that was also the only year he was any good, good pass JD

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought hitters all wanted to come here to have a rebound year, and pitchers know to stay away. Maybe we aren't reaching out to those aging hitter guys looking for one year contracts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he mashes RHP. I read somewhere that they think Choo will slide to 1B in a few seasons.

Choo to 1B and Prince to DH? I could see it.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought hitters all wanted to come here to have a rebound year, and pitchers know to stay away. Maybe we aren't reaching out to those aging hitter guys looking for one year contracts.

Right, the ole Milton Bradley theory. Guess the league caught wise

I have an irrational fondness for Morse tho. Nobody else here wanted him at all

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fellas, I caveated 'irrational' Morse love..although his numbers were very Cruz like except at a fraction of the cost.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a pitcher with some solid ability but hasn't put it together yet

He drives me crazy. A good inning still will take him 20 pitches to get through the inning. Correct me if I am wrong but he has to be on the MLB roster or he can be claimed if we send him down. I guess he could be that long man in games that are not going well.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about this Castalannos(?) fellow we picked up?

He came off waivers from BOS who had to make room for Napoli. They had acquired Castellanos from LAD in a minor league trade after the post season. Castellanos had very good AA and AAA numbers in 2011-2012. Something happened in 2013 and he had a major down turn. LAD couldn't figure out where to play him.

I'd expect TEX puts him down in Round Rock to provide some COF depth although he's got lots of time at 3b and 2b in the minors too.

Alex Castellanos Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com