• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fellas, I caveated 'irrational' Morse love..although his numbers were very Cruz like except at a fraction of the cost.

In 2011? He had 3.1 WAR

The rest of his career, -.4 WAR

Yeah I'd say 2011 was an outlier

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came off waivers from BOS who had to make room for Napoli. They had acquired Castellanos from LAD in a minor league trade after the post season. Castellanos had very good AA and AAA numbers in 2011-2012. Something happened in 2013 and he had a major down turn. LAD couldn't figure out where to play him.

I'd expect TEX puts him down in Round Rock to provide some COF depth although he's got lots of time at 3b and 2b in the minors too.

Alex Castellanos Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Can we just put him in AAA or do we have to keep him on the 25 man?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came off waivers from BOS who had to make room for Napoli. They had acquired Castellanos from LAD in a minor league trade after the post season. Castellanos had very good AA and AAA numbers in 2011-2012. Something happened in 2013 and he had a major down turn. LAD couldn't figure out where to play him.

I'd expect TEX puts him down in Round Rock to provide some COF depth although he's got lots of time at 3b and 2b in the minors too.

Alex Castellanos Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

I would like to see how he does at RR. Maybe he will get it going again. Could be an interesting pickup to keep an eye on.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's a pitcher with some solid ability but hasn't put it together yet

IMO TEX mistake with Kirkman was trying to shoe horn him into a bullpen spot. He's an SP and like Scooter another tall guy ... regresses in the BP. Kirkman isn't going to put it all together until he's in a rotation someplace. Probably not for TEX ... but maybe in Round Rock.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO TEX mistake with Kirkman was trying to shoe horn him into a bullpen spot. He's an SP and like Scooter another tall guy ... regresses in the BP. Kirkman isn't going to put it all together until he's in a rotation someplace. Probably not for TEX ... but maybe in Round Rock.

Let him be one of the 6 competing for the #5 spot, if he doesn't pan out, let him be that garbage man in the pen or release him

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably be a 17 game winner with Baltimore in 2015

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him be one of the 6 competing for the #5 spot, if he doesn't pan out, let him be that garbage man in the pen or release him

He might have to be that garbage man we were wondering about the other day. Otherwise you are right in that we would have to release him.

Winding you are right about the bullpen thing messing him up.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drives me crazy. A good inning still will take him 20 pitches to get through the inning. Correct me if I am wrong but he has to be on the MLB roster or he can be claimed if we send him down. I guess he could be that long man in games that are not going well.

I remember CJ out of the bullpen used to be the same thing. His movement was uncontrollable.

Maybe he just needs to keep working at it. I agree, he makes me punch the couch in anger sometimes but the ability is there if he can figure it out between the ears.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember CJ out of the bullpen used to be the same thing. His movement was uncontrollable.

Maybe he just needs to keep working at it. I agree, he makes me punch the couch in anger sometimes but the ability is there if he can figure it out between the ears.

I kinda miss CJ. Not his fear of throwing a strike, but his interviews. The man would give some golden sound bites.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yea ... remember CJ as a closer? He'd pull his had down until he couldn't see the batter. Then would try throwing inside to RH batters and scared the shit out of them.

He had the thing too where he'd throw a crappy pitch and he'd quick look back to where his left foot came off the rubber as if the rubber jumped up and bit him on the shin. He'd do it every time. Holland does it too sometimes. The one thing he picked up in three years with their lockers next to each other.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda miss CJ. Not his fear of throwing a strike, but his interviews. The man would give some golden sound bites.

I kinda don't miss that douche at all, he is a self absorbed prick. maybe a good 3-4 but not for the money, glad we spent it on Yu

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark horse 'factor' for Japanese righty

I think someone, like the M's, are going to so over pay for Tanaka that JD will back off. Keep in mind, the M's gave Cano $65 mil for than what the Yanks offered, and the Yanks/Angels are absolutely desperate to improve their rotation.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3