• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question that would be asked though if we would move Mitch, would the starter be as good as Tanaka? I don't think Tanaka is an ace, but I do think he's a good #3 type of guy and those guys aren't that easy to find.

No he probably wouldn't, but the DH would be better than Mitch and the pitcher would be cheaper. A 120 million dollar pitcher that MIGHT be a #3 isn't that appealing to me after we took on Prince's salary, and signed Choo.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're overthinking things
Maybe, but put yourself in Darvish's shoes, you would sure be thinking about it. Not saying Darvish would demand an immediate reworking of his contract, and let's hope he is a professional and honors his contract, but it would be disconcerting to anyone, especially when you both come from the same "system" but a few years apart..

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but put yourself in Darvish's shoes, you would sure be thinking about it. Not saying Darvish would demand an immediate reworking of his contract, and let's hope he is a professional and honors his contract, but it would be disconcerting to anyone, especially when you both come from the same "system" but a few years apart..

Yeah you're still overthinking things

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was made a free agent again, he doesn't show up on anyone's roster
Wonder what caused him to fail the physical. If not serious perhaps we are looking at him. Nice guy to have.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, yeah… I guess I sort of am, but I still think I prefer a DH slightly more than a SP. I think we might need to add something there but I am not sure if a great deal of funds need to be put towards it. I mean right now we have:

1. Yu
2. Holland
3. Harry
4. Perez
5. Ogando
6. Lewis
7. Tepesch
8. Ross (possibly)
9. Blackely ( I think we still have him… could be wrong)
10. Feliz ( doubt he will start but I am sure they are still open to it)

And that not to mention a few guys that have been added to the roster recently that I don't expect to make the team but could be a surprise.

It's real easy at times while you are trying to make a point you start to talk yourself out of it midstream and begin to make a counterpoint. Been there and done that. Or maybe I have never been ...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled to see Baker back again with the Rangers in 2014.

He was tearing it up before the injury. That really hurt us when we started facing which seemed like an endless supply of left handers. He was just crushing the ball. After the injury not the same pop.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was tearing it up before the injury. That really hurt us when we started facing which seemed like an endless supply of left handers. He was just crushing the ball. After the injury not the same pop.
The infamous 'high five'

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that its breaking news, but we WILL post the fee for tanaka.

Whenever Mitch Williams talks I want to throw my beer through my tv. He's my least favorite on air personality in any medium ever. He has no earthly idea what he is talking about ever. Just made Tanaka look like the next freakin cy young. Showed a highlight of him throwing a 96 mph fb ONE TIME and said "he's got the stuff." And he said usually pitchers just throw their splitter and hope it does what they want it to do, but he can locate it. Then he tried to prove he could locate it by showing him throwing a splitter in the dirt with 2 strikes as opposed to not bouncing it with less. Freakin someone please just hurt this man

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that its breaking news, but we WILL post the fee for tanaka.

Whenever Mitch Williams talks I want to throw my beer through my tv. He's my least favorite on air personality in any medium ever. He has no earthly idea what he is talking about ever. Just made Tanaka look like the next freakin cy young. Showed a highlight of him throwing a 96 mph fb ONE TIME and said "he's got the stuff." And he said usually pitchers just throw their splitter and hope it does what they want it to do, but he can locate it. Then he tried to prove he could locate it by showing him throwing a splitter in the dirt with 2 strikes as opposed to not bouncing it with less. Freakin someone please just hurt this man

Its not...

because EVERYONE is free to negotiate with Tanaka, the fee isn't paid until a contract agreement is reached

There's no longer the offering of a fee first, it's negotiations, contract, then fee now

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not...

because EVERYONE is free to negotiate with Tanaka, the fee isn't paid until a contract agreement is reached

There's no longer the offering of a fee first, it's negotiations, contract, then fee now

I heard we're gonna compete for him so I just interpreted it as we're posting a fee. I still don't know fully how it works. But the text said "We'll try for him I think" and because I didn't know how it worked I thought that's what it meant. But I just got another that said "money isn't the issue for us, we just don't think he's worth it when there are other options" so make of that what you will

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard we're gonna compete for him so I just interpreted it as we're posting a fee. I still don't know fully how it works. But the text said "We'll try for him I think" and because I didn't know how it worked I thought that's what it meant. But I just got another that said "money isn't the issue for us, we just don't think he's worth it when there are other options" so make of that what you will
Nothing new on Cruz?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I saw something where they explained that the posting fee is now the last step instead of the first, so ALL teams are free to negotiate like any free agent, and then the 20 million posting fee is the last thing to happen

I figured we'd put in the due diligence make an offer we deem fair, get outbid by the Dodgers and/or Yankees and move on b/c not going to be worth what he ends up getting

Time to look at some free agent options and make some cost effective offers and ST invites an roll with that staff wise

The DH position will end up being Morales, Cruz or Baker/Moreland I think, but we're going to overpay for Morales or Cruz

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Yu can give him a call. :)