• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw where some guy on MLBTR has Ogando penciled into the starting rotation. I did not think that was a given.

You shouldn't. You'll see a battle between ogando, tepesch, Ross, Lewis, and another pitcher or two for that fifth spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I'd be worried about Moreland's psyche if he's the DH next year. Won't have his great defense to hide behind if he starts out slow. The burden would be on him to hit. How patient would we be then.

Course ... you could always roll with Mitch at 1b against RHP with Fielder DHing. Then TEX starts Fielder at 1b and finds a RH position player (Choice?) to DH against LHP. That way Fielder isn't expected to play every day in the heat during the summer.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't. You'll see a battle between ogando, tepesch, Ross, Lewis, and another pitcher or two for that fifth spot.

Yup. And I expect Lewis will end up with it and Ross and Ogando will go back to the R/L bullpen combo and Tep will be long relief. Ogando was a beast as an 8th inning guy. Move him back there to set up Feliz.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you Terps. Plus I have a hard time being in Moreland's corner. I was all behind him last year and was just not impressed. I do not feel comfortable with him when the game is on the line. I would love to be proven different. And as stated above the Rangers may be pumping the Moreland propoganda to build him up for trade bait.

I concur..... He was one of the people asked to step up last year and he stunk up the joint. He also has a tendency to hit HRs and get RBIs when the rangers are way ahead or way behind. The guy just needs to play for a different team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is what I thought. Do you see any issues with that right off the bat? Ogando gets great results when he starts most of the time but his pitching motion is just so hard on his arm that he cannot seem to hold up, Ross I really think would wear down and needs to add to his repertoire, Lewis if healthy is a warrior and we be an awesome surprise if he was back but that is a big IF and I think Tepesch can become a good starter but it may still take another year. That is just my take on it though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur..... He was one of the people asked to step up last year and he stunk up the joint. He also has a tendency to hit HRs and get RBIs when the rangers are way ahead or way behind. The guy just needs to play for a different team.

You still don't know anything about baseball.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Course ... you could always roll with Mitch at 1b against RHP with Fielder DHing. Then TEX starts Fielder at 1b and finds a RH position player (Choice?) to DH against LHP. That way Fielder isn't expected to play every day in the heat during the summer.

Choice needs to be playing every day in AAA.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I thought. Do you see any issues with that right off the bat? Ogando gets great results when he starts most of the time but his pitching motion is just so hard on his arm that he cannot seem to hold up, Ross I really think would wear down and needs to add to his repertoire, Lewis if healthy is a warrior and we be an awesome surprise if he was back but that is a big IF and I think Tepesch can become a good starter but it may still take another year. That is just my take on it though.

I'm hoping against hope that Lewis can take the reigns, but I just don't know.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Moreland was hurt for most of the year. People forget he was hitting around .280 w/ power when he got hurt.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice needs to be playing every day in AAA.

I agree only because I do not want to see what happened to Profar and Leury last year happen to Choice this year. Platoon someone that is young who you are not really counting on them to be a future everyday player like Beltre or a veteran who can handle that situation better. I admit Winding it is tempting but he is at a stage that he needs to play every day.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people not remember how well Mitch was playing before being injured. True he was not much help after that but I can't believe he was ever healthy the remainder of the year.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moreland had a low batting average and usually struck out in high pressure situations. I think most people who watched the games would agree with my assessment.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people not remember how well Mitch was playing before being injured. True he was not much help after that but I can't believe he was ever healthy the remainder of the year.

He's a clueless football fan who only knows how to knee jerk.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland had a low batting average and usually struck out in high pressure situations. I think most people who watched the games would agree with my assessment.
Only after he was injured and I believe most people would agree to that too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitch was on a hell of a run last year before he got hurt, and I don't believe he ever got healthy again. Few people ever agree with your assessments.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna trade moreland because he has a good amount of value and there are much better options at DH that would make winning a world series easier. Sure, we could roll with moreland. But you sign morales then you get a switch hitter AND a pitcher. I just want us to have the best team possible and I don't think moreland gives us that. I have nothing against him and I think that eventually he'll be decent

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your assessment is inaccurate. He struck out the most in low leverage situations. In high leverage situations Moreland had his lowest K rate and highest BB rate. His average in those situations was ghastly though. But he struck out less than 20% of the time while hitting in them.