• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu is opening day starter...GULP...Let's hope the curse skips a year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean that depth will be any better than what Ogando will provide, I'm all about bringing in low cost, high upside guys to compete with Lewis & Tepesch, but that's about it, let the best man win

Even a proven pitcher like Arroyo will scarcely provide more than Ogando would, only difference, way more expensive

you are obsessed with having Ogando in the rotation. i would rather get a FULL year out of Ogando instead of some starts, a period on the DL where he serves no purpose, followed by another short stint in the rotation and so on. that has been in his short history as a starter

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are obsessed with having Ogando in the rotation. i would rather get a FULL year out of Ogando instead of some starts, a period on the DL where he serves no purpose, followed by another short stint in the rotation and so on. that has been in his short history as a starter

You're obsessed with getting 70 innings from him versus 150+. Your logic has some huge holes in it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you serious, I've ALWAYS advocated I'd rather have Ogando in the bullpen, until Holland got hurt

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious, I've ALWAYS advocated I'd rather have Ogando in the bullpen, until Holland got hurt

Hollands injury is a huge factor in my decision too. If we had the luxury of having a full rotation then I would love to have Ogando for the 6th and/or the 7th inning. He will be in the rotation so he might as well get used to it. I had to do the same with Rios in the 5 hole.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're obsessed with getting 70 innings from him versus 150+. Your logic has some huge holes in it.

Not trying to disagree with you but do you really think we will get 150 innings from Ogando?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to disagree with you but do you really think we will get 150 innings from Ogando?

The one season he came out of spring training as a starter he pitched 169 innings.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you didn't ask me, but he gave us almost 170 IP in 2011. It's possible, but not likely.

edit: Romeo beat me to it. I hate that this site doesn't automatically update.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre says that Fielder will win the AL MVP in 2014. I love Beltre, but it will be tough to take it from Cabrera. Fielder and Trout are 2 of the ones that have a chance at taking it from him though. Beltre could as well. I expect Cabrera to be walked a lot this year without the protection from Fielder.

Wash said today Beltre was going to have one of his best seasons ever this year. I know it came from Ron but that is saying a lot

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier for the admins to just ban you grousers lol That's what bennie claims happened.

Would honestly be an awesome feature though.

Bennie can fuck off.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd sick his dog on you. ;)

Derek was in really good spirits today and I even told him we talked about the hockey puck and he said in that goofy Derek way, " I would have signed it". He was a little jumpy with his leg sticking out from under the table with the brace on it, as one would expect. Especially since he thought I was going to run over him with my big ass rolling bat bag.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek was in really good spirits today and I even told him we talked about the hockey puck and he said in that goofy Derek way, " I would have signed it". He was a little jumpy with his leg sticking out from under the table with the brace on it, as one would expect. Especially since he thought I was going to run over him with my big ass rolling bat bag.

Should have had it with you. It would have been a collectors item ... ironic. Maybe some day you would have been able to donate it to Cooperstown for the Holland display.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have had it with you. It would have been a collectors item ... ironic. Maybe some day you would have been able to donate it to Cooperstown for the Holland display.

Funny thing is I had it in my bag I just didn't want to disrespect the kid by actually asking him to sign it. Problem is there are so many people you have to actually present the item you're gonna get signed before you get to the table. I mentioned it to basically start a conversation which he always welcomes. When I was walking away as I was shuffled along by the usher, he was still talking to me about the lights in the Captain Morgan Club where they were signing. I bet if you were to sit and have a couple beers with the guy he would talk your ear off for hours

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one season he came out of spring training as a starter he pitched 169 innings.

I saw that but his first game action last year was as a starter and he started 18 games and only pitched 104 innings. He did not come out of the pen until the last month. So that is what made me wonder if he would be able to make it to 150 innings. I hope he holds up because his results are usually good but his delivery makes me think otherwise.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that but his first game action last year was as a starter and he started 18 games and only pitched 104 innings. He did not come out of the pen until the last month. So that is what made me wonder if he would be able to make it to 150 innings. I hope he holds up because his results are usually good but his delivery makes me think otherwise.

actually he only pitched 97.2 innings as a starter in 18 games. he pitched 6.2 innings in 5 games as a reliever.

of the 18 starts, 9 of those were in the 1st part of the season March thru May (49.2 IP) and then he went on the DL for 3 weeks, pitched 1 game in June (5.2 IP) and went back on the 15 Day DL. 2 starts in July covering 9.2 innings, 3 starts in August covering 15.1 innings and 3 starts in September/October covering 17.1 innings.

that's barely 5 innings per start. you expect more from a starter

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from mlb trade rumors: The Rangers are looking for pitching depth, Durrett writes. "I mean guys that can help our big-league club," GM Jon Daniels says. "We would have been looking for that this time of year anyways before Derek (Holland) got hurt but that changes things a little bit."

Huh, well this will be interesting

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if we luck out and Holland actually can return to good form by ASB (which I'm not so sure about)
Ya just hope he can hold up until then...
Unless JD is actually going after a SP, then the question is who?