• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. 70 innings vs 150 innings. Yeah, you got this one wrong.

Yep. As it is the bullpen is generally a year to year proposition anyways. If you think/know you have a decent starter that can give you 150 innings and pitch every 5 days then that trumps any relief role.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an amazing things ... folks on a MLB chat board being accountable for their mistakes.

Whatever happened to the good old days when Larry Legend was never wrong?

All good. Even if nobody dug up the chat I stated that I was wrong in what Garza was going to get. If I am wrong I'm wrong...no need to deny it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just figured everyone liked players that looked like kittens. Thanks for the feedback

Shin-Soo Choo 4.2WAR in 569AB
Gentry 3.6WAR in 246AB

Not saying that if Gentry got 569AB he would have an 8.3WAR (but that's what the math says) ... but in less PT than Martin ... Gentry had a higher WAR (3.6 vs 3.4). Gentry will be sorely missed ... and now TEX will get to feel the pressure he put on defenses with his speed.

Billy Bean thought enough of Gentry to spend their #2 prospect to get Gentry to be their 4OF. What's that telling you about Gentry ... or about Choice?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shin-Soo Choo 4.2WAR in 569AB
Gentry 3.6WAR in 246AB

Not saying that if Gentry got 569AB he would have an 8.3WAR (but that's what the math says) ... but in less PT than Martin ... Gentry had a higher WAR (3.6 vs 3.4). Gentry will be sorely missed ... and now TEX will get to feel the pressure he put on defenses with his speed.

Billy Bean thought enough of Gentry to spend their #2 prospect to get Gentry to be their 4OF. What's that telling you about Gentry ... or about Choice?

Let's hope Choce being a younger player with some pop grows into a very good ballplayer. I hated losing Gentry but am hoping for the best.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its just deja vu ... but didn't we have exactly the same conversation about him last off season too?

And while we are talking about the bull pen ... notionally ...

CL Feliz
RH Scheppers
RH Soria
RH Frasor
RH (long? Maybe Colby?)
LH Cotts
LH Ross

All those folks who say Ogando is needed in the bullpen ... I don't think there are enough lawn chairs.

Exactly what I was thinking, pretty crowded out there in the pen even w/o Ogando out there

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its just deja vu ... but didn't we have exactly the same conversation about him last off season too?

And while we are talking about the bull pen ... notionally ...

CL Feliz
RH Scheppers
RH Soria
RH Frasor
RH (long? Maybe Colby?)
LH Cotts
LH Ross

All those folks who say Ogando is needed in the bullpen ... I don't think there are enough lawn chairs.

Just like our starters the bullpen will have its issues and need others than what is on this list to pitch and know you said maybe but don't see Colby coming out of the pen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the wife has to leave last minute for a work mtg in Atlanta and leaves me to try and manage FanFest on my own. I got an extra ticket, to bad I don't have an extra fastpass

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the wife has to leave last minute for a work mtg in Atlanta and leaves me to try and manage FanFest on my own. I got an extra ticket, to bad I don't have an extra fastpass

Poor you...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we've been over this before. You put your best players out on defense when you have a chance to win the game. You don't play afraid of losing the lead.

2 run lead, no way....how many runs did the Cards score in game 3? they freaking killed us... that's a red flag already in a WS.
I know there was a blown call, but that Cards team like our team that year, were obviously very dangerous offensively

How hurt was he? and how is everyone so sure that's why the ball was missed? maybe playing too shallow? If a person wants to make a better argument, then at least mention that someone should have been yelling at him to play doubles defense, the other two were playing deep...I don't know, a coach maybe?...that's a better argument, and Cruz didn't react well in his first move either, but if he had been positioned correctly it wouldn't have mattered

but what amazes me the most that everyone is sure he was too hurt to be out there, and that's the reason he missed the ball.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to get Derek to sign your hockey puck?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does that last minute work mtg have anything to do with your pic?

I kidd

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 run lead, no way....how many runs did the Cards score in game 3? they freaking killed us... that's a red flag already in a WS.
I know there was a blown call, but that Cards team like our team that year, were obviously very dangerous offensively

How hurt was he? and how is everyone so sure that's why the ball was missed? maybe playing too shallow? If a person wants to make a better argument, then at least mention that someone should have been yelling at him to play doubles defense, the other two were playing deep...I don't know, a coach maybe?...that's a better argument, and Cruz didn't react well in his first move either, but if he had been positioned correctly it wouldn't have mattered

but what amazes me the most that everyone is sure he was too hurt to be out there, and that's the reason he missed the ball.

I'm not arguing this with you again. You'll believe what you want no matter how much evidence I put in front of you.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should've jumped on that fast pass when I had the chance.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor you...

Well it sucks because I always take my son because thats what all the fun is about, but at 3 1/2 he can be unmanageable at times and w no help that could be a nightmare. He will have to go again next year. If I didn't have so much money tied up in this already this year i would skip it since i can't take him.Oh and there isn't anyone to take the pictures

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing this with you again. You'll believe what you want no matter how much evidence I put in front of you.

that's fine with me, although I didn't catch your "evidence"
1) that he was far too hurt to be out there
or
2) that he's such a defensively liability, he should be pulled. Why haven't we automatically been pulling him all these years if he's that bad

anyway, I would agree, he was not the better Manager in that Series, I just don't blame the Series on him, or Cruz
it was a team loss, and imo most of the blame is on the pitching

this is a little depressing to reminescent about, because I'm remembering things I don't want to
I'll move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that last minute work mtg have anything to do with your pic?

I kidd

Umm no I took that at the 2011 Thanksgiving day game, she's over it now but she did tell me at the time I was acting like a kid.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to get Derek to sign your hockey puck?

I do have a Stars puck w the new logo, I bet he'd punch me if I asked him to sign it! :crutch:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's fine with me, although I didn't catch your "evidence"
1) that he was far too hurt to be out there
or
2) that he's such a defensively liability, he should be pulled. Why haven't we automatically been pulling him all these years if he's that bad

anyway, I would agree, he was not the better Manager in that Series, I just don't blame the Series on him, or Cruz
it was a team loss, and imo most of the blame is on the pitching

this is a little depressing to reminescent about, because I'm remembering things I don't want to
I'll move on.

Like I said. I've discussed this thoroughly once before. I won't do it again.