• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the car for about 5 minutes and turned on the radio and Ian Fitzsimmons opens with something like okay what are the Rangers going to do now about their rotation as many fans were hoping Tanaka would become a Ranger. What!!! Anyone who has a brain knew Tanaka was not going to become a Ranger. I cannot stand to listen to that guy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the car for about 5 minutes and turned on the radio and Ian Fitzsimmons opens with something like okay what are the Rangers going to do now about their rotation as many fans were hoping Tanaka would become a Ranger. What!!! Anyone who has a brain knew Tanaka was not going to become a Ranger. I cannot stand to listen to that guy.

Who is this Ian guy? Sounds like he must be on the 105.3 the Fail.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't be more inept than Harold Reynolds. Reynolds claimed that the Tanaka signing means the Yankees values pitching over offense this offseason, somehow ignoring the McCann, Ellsbury, and Beltran signings. And Reynolds is employed by MLBnetwork.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be more inept than Harold Reynolds. Reynolds claimed that the Tanaka signing means the Yankees values pitching over offense this offseason, somehow ignoring the McCann, Ellsbury, and Beltran signings. And Reynolds is employed by MLBnetwork.

well, they should have used that $175m to sign all the massive bats on the market like...uhm, no one.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ticket. That is all.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanaka's contract includes a full no-trade clause, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports (on Twitter).

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep after 4 years

They did not say that so thanks for the info. If they try and trade him before that then it just means things are not working out too good for Tanaka and the Yankees.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Astros were really serious about signing him.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced he's a TORP.

I won't lie that I don't know much about Tanaka and his stuff other than what others have said and written about him. but just the thought of paying 155 million to a pitcher who hasn't thrown one ball in the majors is ridiculous. Unfortunately the Yankees completely killed that market so the next big name Japanese pitcher that comes out will get a contract in that neighborhood if not even greater. The only way it doesn't is if he ends up having a big bag of nothing. So time will tell.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound like some folks are getting bored. Well it got worse today. HOT STOVE was terrible. Josh was on today. Talked about how he loves TEX fans . YUK!

Just watched the clip...
( Josh Hamilton in Studio K | MLB.com )

I didn't see anything wrong with it?
Personally, he doesn't deserve half the boo's/idiocy the fans here have given him.

Yes, it appeared he quit on the team back in 2012. Did he? Who knows... everyone has rough streaks.
Yes, he made a few comments about not being a "baseball town" and so forth....but is he really wrong? This is Cowboys country / a "winner's town".
Yes, he went to the "rival" team. Again, do you blame him? Money talks. Texas wasnt going to offer that type of contract....so more power to him.

Josh was a HUGE part of the 2010 & 2011 WS runs. Hell, he was a "fly ball to RF being caught" away from living in infamy. (as it was his top of the 10th 2R HR that put the Rangers back on top)(while he was injured).

That being said, he could have handled things differently when he left. But alas, whats done is done. I miss his bat in the lineup (pre-2nd half of 2012). To say one doesn't, would be foolish. I wish him the best.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the clip...

Personally, he doesn't deserve half the boo's/idiocy the fans here have given him.

Yes, it appeared he quit on the team back in 2012. Did he? Who knows... everyone has rough streaks.
Yes, he made a few comments about not being a "baseball town" and so forth....but is he really wrong? This is Cowboys country / a "winner's town".
Yes, he went to the "rival" team. Again, do you blame him? Money talks. Texas wasnt going to offer that type of contract....so more power to him.

Josh was a HUGE part of the 2010 & 2011 WS runs. Hell, he was a "fly ball to RF being caught" away from living in infamy. (as it was his top of the 10th 2R HR that put the Rangers back on top)(while he was injured).

That being said, he could have handled things differently when he left. But alas, whats done is done. I miss his bat in the lineup (pre-2nd half of 2012). To say one doesn't, would be foolish. I wish him the best.
He did quit on this team in 2012 - 0-4 in the WC game with a DP and 2 strikeouts, on 8 combined pitches. The most unbelievable display of "Who Gives A Shit" I have witnessed from an professional ball player.

And as long as he plays for the Angels, I will not wish him success. He moves to the NL, I'll think about it...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the clip...

Well, I can't wish him the best because he plays for the Angels. If he was playing for us then sure.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did quit on this team in 2012 - 0-4 in the WC game with a DP and 2 strikeouts, on 8 combined pitches. The most unbelievable display of "Who Gives A Shit" I have witnessed from an professional ball player.

And as long as he plays for the Angels, I will not wish him success. He moves to the NL, I'll think about it...

I wouldnt single out that game in particular. (just look at what he did last season)
The missed fly ball in Oakland / the argument with Wash would have been a better example to go with.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the clip...

Honestly, I completely appreciate what he did for our team when he was here but I would still boo him just for going to our main rival. I'm like you, its hard to know if he really quit or anything and I still respect the guy but you don't go to your former teams main rival and expect them to not have strong feelings against it. Sure, I understand him taking the money but the boos are what come along with it IMO.