• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I completely appreciate what he did for our team when he was here but I would still boo him just for going to our main rival. I'm like you, its hard to know if he really quit or anything and I still respect the guy but you don't go to your former teams main rival and expect them to not have strong feelings against it. Sure, I understand him taking the money but the boos are what come along with it IMO.

Some of the booing is warranted. (would be like someone going from Boston to NY or vice versa).
I get that part...

I just think it went a little far last season.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the booing is warranted. (would be like someone going from Boston to NY or vice versa).
I get that part...

I agree… some of the things I heard that were being chanted made me ashamed of some of my fellow fans. It's one thing to boo but another thing to yell crack head and other nasty things like that at him. We are better than that and should know the story of that better than anyone else. To me you keep it baseball and there is no need to make his wife or children uncomfortable.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree… some of the things I heard that were being chanted made me ashamed of some of my fellow fans. It's one thing to boo but another thing to yell crack head and other nasty things like that at him. We are better than that and should know the story of that better than anyone else. To me you keep it baseball and there is no need to make his wife or children uncomfortable.
No matter how fans feel about Josh, his wife and children did nothing to be chastised for. Hope we never see that kind of behavior again.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how fans feel about Josh, his wife and children did nothing to be chastised for. Hope we never see that kind of behavior again.

His wife most certainly did when she made it about her and talked about "putting a ring on it". I feel bad for his daughters. They have a dumbass for a dad and a materialist bitch for a mom.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt single out that game in particular. (just look at what he did last season)
The missed fly ball in Oakland / the argument with Wash would have been a better example to go with.
I hear ya, but it's that game that still stands out in my mind. It was the final straw for me after all the other Josh lowlights that last month....

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife most certainly did when she made it about her and talked about "putting a ring on it". I feel bad for his daughters. They have a dumbass for a dad and a materialist bitch for a mom.

Agreed about his wife, maybe not to the extreme she may have received it, but she didn't endear herself to fans with her comments on the way out

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. What did she expect. I feel bad for the daughters. She should of kept her damn mouth shut. When he said this not a baseball town he was way out of line. I will never be a fan of his.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about his wife, maybe not to the extreme she may have received it, but she didn't endear herself to fans with her comments on the way out

Absolutely. Fans shouldn't be immature either, but I understand why they dislike her.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Katie Hamilton.... I remember when that superficial bitch gave her reasoning for not giving the Rangers a good deal. The Hamiltons supposedly wanted to help a " hurting world". I'd like to know how much the Hamiltons have donated to charity since signing the deal with Arte. Oh well, can't expect nothing but lies from someone Josh probably met in rehab. The Rangers did just as much, if not more for Josh than he did for the team. He should of done whatever necessary to stay.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Katie Hamilton.... I remember when that superficial bitch gave her reasoning for not giving the Rangers a good deal. The Hamiltons supposedly wanted to help a " hurting world". I'd like to know how much the Hamiltons have donated to charity since signing the deal with Arte. Oh well, can't expect nothing but lies from someone Josh probably met in rehab. The Rangers did just as much, if not more for Josh than he did for the team. He should of done whatever necessary to stay.

Wow. Just wow. :L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think the guy will be a number 2, but I don't know if NY is the best place for a RHP.

I think he might be a #2, but not right away. But the Yankees didn't give him that kind of money. They gave him #1 money and nothing against tanaka, but I hope he gets hammered and they have to pay every red cent of it.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that part...

It did go too far, it would be nice if fans would move on. I get some booing, but ya know...enough already he's horrible anyway, Angels fans probably hate being stuck with him.
I think the punishment has met the crime.

Just my opinion, if people want to scream their lungs out everytime he comes to town, so be it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did go too far, it would be nice if fans would move on. I get some booing, but ya know...enough already he's horrible anyway, Angels fans probably hate being stuck with him.
I think the punishment has met the crime.

Just my opinion, if people want to scream their lungs out everytime he comes to town, so be it.

Don't be shocked if he has something off a bounce back season. The talent and bat speed is still there, and he was looking better towards the end of the season.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he might be a #2, but not right away. But the Yankees didn't give him that kind of money. They gave him #1 money and nothing against tanaka, but I hope he gets hammered and they have to pay every red cent of it.

That kind of money, the pressure is ON. I haven't seen him pitch all I know is what I read...I haven't read anything that leads me to believe he's worth what he's about to be paid.
but, as we all know pitching is at a premium and just getting flat-out crazy...new market I suppose

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kind of money, the pressure is ON. I haven't seen him pitch all I know is what I read...I haven't read anything that leads me to believe he's worth what he's about to be paid.
but, as we all know pitching is at a premium and just getting flat-out crazy...new market I suppose

I'd love to grab Garza on a one or two year deal with Holland going down, but I have a feeling that little stunt the Yankees just pulled blew that all to hell.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shocked if he has something off a bounce back season. The talent and bat speed is still there, and he was looking better towards the end of the season.

He might be a little better, I just don't see him ever being the type of threat he use to be.

If Hamilton and Puljos both hit better, sure they're going to be tougher. Then again, I think the whole league is going to be better, sans the Astros. (right now anyway)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to grab Garza on a one or two year deal with Holland going down, but I have a feeling that little stunt the Yankees just pulled blew that all to hell.

I would have absolutely no problem with Garza for a year, but when I was reading the board even before Tanaka signed, I thought no way...someone will give him more, it may be latter, but he'll get more.

and you're right, now it's all but done.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my.
sigh

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have absolutely no problem with Garza for a year, but when I was reading the board even before Tanaka signed, I thought no way...someone will give him more, it may be latter, but he'll get more.

and you're right, now it's all but done.
Garza will start his own bidding war. We need him and Arizona wants him too. We'll see. Damn Yankees!