• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think the guy will be a number 2, but I don't know if NY is the best place for a RHP.

For some pitchers NY is not the best place to be period. They don't have the mental makeup to handle the fans and media.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't have tried to be so flip talking about his glove ... and know he is honors his mom every time he is out there on the mound.

Here are his numbers ... Jerome Williams Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

yeah, I know...not inspiring to say the least. But again, if he was 'cheap'...our 4 or 5 (whoever the heck that turns out to be) gets into trouble early, I think the guy could go a couple innings and get some outs

I looked around and the last time we were linked to him was over two weeks ago, so the signing may be off
Not a big deal, I just thought it was a decent idea from JD & Co.

Now we have two spots to fill 'internally' if JD is to be believed. (who knows)
I'm a little worried, we don't know for sure if we have a fully healthy Harry or Colby. However, I did read that Harrison is throwing off the mound and "looks good, normal" at 80%, so that's encouraging.
Maddux saw video of Colby, and (I hope this quote is right) "he looks like a new pitcher"
So, fingers crossed

Paying to bring a better FA in? I don't know, we've spent a ton...maybe JD's hands are tied and we have to go with who we have.
stupid Holland

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shocked if he has something off a bounce back season. The talent and bat speed is still there, and he was looking better towards the end of the season.

I'm anticipating this too... with the way he looked towards the end of last season + the added muscle/weight he has put on in the offseason.. I wouldnt be surprised if he has numbers comparable to his Texas days. (fantasy advice...ahem.)

Katie Hamilton.... I remember when that superficial bitch gave her reasoning for not giving the Rangers a good deal. The Hamiltons supposedly wanted to help a " hurting world". I'd like to know how much the Hamiltons have donated to charity since signing the deal with Arte. Oh well, can't expect nothing but lies from someone Josh probably met in rehab.

His book. Read it.
Its a great read whether you're a fan or not. :nod:
I believe money may have changed the way she acts these days....but thats neither here nor there.

Anywho, moving on.

Who all is going to fan fest?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other year for Josh, so look out this year...but he can still EABOD for all I care.

As for Jerome, all we need from our #5 is someone who can eat innings consistently. If he can do that and is cheap, bring him to camp and lets take a look.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for Garza. Just heard 4 years to Milwaukee.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for Garza. Just heard 4 years to Milwaukee.
Wow. Four yrs. Oh well sounds like Tepesch is coming along with a change up. Hope this works out.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Four yrs. Oh well sounds like Tepesch is coming along with a change up. Hope this works out.
52 mil. JD wasn't going there. Need Terps to brighten up our day with some Texas news.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure who it was..... But I remember when the rangers acquired Garza I said he wouldn't get more than 4/$60 and I was pretty much called an idiot (although the jury is still out my possible idiocy....:)) I've eaten my fair share of crow on these boards...... Just saying. I'm far to lazy to dig up old threads.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will be there, couldn't ask for a better turnout from the Rangers except having Yu there again this year

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will be there, couldn't ask for a better turnout from the Rangers except having Yu there again this year

I'm quite surprised Holland is listed as going.... I woulda thought he would be told to stay home and recover.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite surprised Holland is listed as going.... I woulda thought he would be told to stay home and recover.

Yeah that is a bit surprising, however Derek is there every year and he is always a good time with the fans. I remember him posing for a picture with two young girls a few years back while they sported those fake Holland mustaches.