• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balfour to the Rays. Any surprise there?

No surprise really, *cut to the Rays backing up the thorazine truck*

I was looking at a recent list of most liked and disliked players of the MLB (290 players voted, could not vote for anyone on their team)

Balfour near the top of the list for most disliked, and.....drumroll.....
Michael Young placed pretty high for most liked

(didn't save the link, but if anyone cares, you should be able to google it easily)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no, I don't want Nelly to go to a contender. He was a major factor in us not winning the WS with that misplay in RF. I would hate it if he went somewhere else, and won the WS before we do.

with all due respect Justin, no more a factor than pitchers that absolutely should have been able to get some outs

sometimes an OF can save a pitchers butt, with a great throw or catch, and sometimes the pitcher can cover an error by getting outs
team loss, although hard to blame the offense

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's made a good signing with O'Flaherty. He was a very effective lefty set up man for the Braves. He's still recovering from Tommy John, but he's worth the risk. Like what we did with Soria last year...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Frasor? Is he still not signed?

Pretty sure Frasor was re-signed very early in the offseason and for a pretty team friendly deal as well. He pitched well and in some big spots after the first few weeks of last season, like him coming back.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Frasor was re-signed very early in the offseason and for a pretty team friendly deal as well. He pitched well and in some big spots after the first few weeks of last season, like him coming back.

He was signed for $1.75 mill.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in my statement did I say it was all on Cruz? I said he was a major factor, which he was. Feliz threw a mistake, but in the end it was a tough play that should have been caught.

Fuck game 6. I've never experienced such a whirlwind of emotion. I went from the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows...back to uncharted highs only to delve into newfound lows. And all of this was within maybe an hour! I was on suicide watch for that night.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect Justin, no more a factor than pitchers that absolutely should have been able to get some outs

sometimes an OF can save a pitchers butt, with a great throw or catch, and sometimes the pitcher can cover an error by getting outs
team loss, although hard to blame the offense

I understand. I wasn't comparing whose fault it was. I just meant he was a factor. Feliz, Nelly, and Napoli all contributed. The ball hit on a line directly over your head is the hardest play in the OF.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that stuff myself. No so fast on the Garza train.

Garza's greatest contribution to the team was being the source of the gif where he's running maniacally with a knife and stabs Leonys.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck game 6. I've never experienced such a whirlwind of emotion. I went from the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows...back to uncharted highs only to delve into newfound lows. And all of this was within maybe an hour! I was on suicide watch for that night.

It was one of the worst things I've ever witnessed as far as disappointment goes and I still have not watched a replay of the game and probably never will. I wish it was never brought up again

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. I wasn't comparing whose fault it was. I just meant he was a factor. Feliz, Nelly, and Napoli all contributed. The ball hit on a line directly over your head is the hardest play in the OF.

Surprised nobody is blaming wash. <s>

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no, I don't want Nelly to go to a contender. He was a major factor in us not winning the WS with that misplay in RF. I would hate it if he went somewhere else, and won the WS before we do.

I'm not as hard on him as most for that play but I wouldn't mind seeing him win a ring if the the Rangers don't. I mean, I really don't like the Red Sox but I was happy to see that at least Nap got that monkey off his back. Did you hate to see Nap do it with a different team?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one of the worst things I've ever witnessed as far as disappointment goes and I still have not watched a replay of the game and probably never will. I wish it was never brought up again

Gagreed. I had to avoid ESPN for a solid month after that fateful night.

I still hate squirrels

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as hard on him as most for that play but I wouldn't mind seeing him win a ring if the the Rangers don't. I mean, I really don't like the Red Sox but I was happy to see that at least Nap got that monkey off his back. Did you hate to see Nap do it with a different team?

I don't blame anyone for losing that series, but I, for one, hope that all non-Rangers lose. Once they leave the temple I wish them nothing but failure in their baseball endeavors.

The one possible exception will be Ron Washington once he's ran out of town.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin if you made it to the Stars vs Leafs game, looks like you will finally see a win. If you're not there, don't go to anymore games. HAHA

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely. Especially since I wanted Napoli back.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame anyone for losing that series, but I, for one, hope that all non-Rangers lose. Once they leave the temple I wish them nothing but failure in their baseball endeavors.

The one possible exception will be Ron Washington once he's ran out of town.

So you'd be against good guys like David Murphy and Craig Gentry ever having any success ever again, but you would want Ron Washington to do well?

Wow. Talk about absolutely backward thinking.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin if you made it to the Stars vs Leafs game, looks like you will finally see a win. If you're not there, don't go to anymore games. HAHA

I'm not there, but they won the only one I went to this year. That was another Stars fan that goes when they lose. I forget who.