• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I'm sure Nelly would like to return, he also wants to play the field. He won't get that chance here. Plus we would probably have to move Mitch in order for Nelly to agree with us.

Yeah, I agree. Nelly really does enjoy playing defense and has been vocal in the past about his the work he puts in on it. After we signed Choo, signing Nelly became a huge long shot. At that point I pretty much considered him gone. So its a very very slim chance we get him.

I'm not sure if we would have to move Mitch for him to sign but at the same time it wouldn't make a ton of sense to keep Mitch for the bench. But as someone here has mentioned, beyond Mitch we really don't have anyone to back up Fielder at 1B. So that might even though a bigger wrench into the situation and make the odd that much lower. I would love to see it happen but I really see us just giving Mitch a sot this season if it doesn't work out they will just platoon DH with someone they sign for the bench or maybe even Choice.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have felt from day one of FA the Rangers had little chance/desire to resign Nelson Cruz. He wants to play defense and we don't have a spot for him in the OF.

Now, he may have to take a huge step out if no other team gives him an opportunity to play defense. If it comes down to the last offer and he's looking at being a 4th OF and full time DH maybe the Rangers are a good fit for a one year deal. But this is clearly not his desired option.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more week until Tanaka signs..... I hope the rangers at least sign baker and get Jerome Williams for SP depth. I don't want to see Moreland try to DH against Lefties

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more week until Tanaka signs..... I hope the rangers at least sign baker and get Jerome Williams for SP depth. I don't want to see Moreland try to DH against Lefties

Mitch actually hit lefties better than righties last year.

I doubt it will take a week for Tanaka to sign. He has an offer from the Cubs already.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it will take a week for Tanaka to sign. He has an offer from the Cubs already.

Hope he goes to the NL. Won't help any of our rivals that way.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:He actually hits solidly against LHPs as a whole, his trouble is he's not good enough against RHPs to make up for it

he has no power against LHPs though, so I wouldn't say he's a better hitter against LHPs, just a fluke in the numbers which show how bad he was against RHPs last year

End of the day: Mitch needs to get better against RHPs, for a LHH he's solid against LHPs

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have felt from day one of FA the Rangers had little chance/desire to resign Nelson Cruz. He wants to play defense and we don't have a spot for him in the OF.

Now, he may have to take a huge step out if no other team gives him an opportunity to play defense. If it comes down to the last offer and he's looking at being a 4th OF and full time DH maybe the Rangers are a good fit for a one year deal. But this is clearly not his desired option.

Doubt he comes back ... TEX has already given Choo #17

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt he comes back ... TEX has already given Choo #17

Can't be a real positive if his number is on another guys back.

I do wish him well though...as long as he isn't within our division.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be a real positive if his number is on another guys back.

I do wish him well though...as long as he isn't within our division.
If he doesn't come back, we need to sign Baker if Mitch is DH'ing. Strange TEX hasn't already signed him unless some other name is in the plans to DH i.e. Morales or Butler.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't come back, we need to sign Baker if Mitch is DH'ing. Strange TEX hasn't already signed him unless some other name is in the plans to DH i.e. Morales or Butler.

Yea something is up.... If they were gonna do that, they most likely would've done it already. Baker is not a highly coveted or expensive player. Still holding out hope that mitch gets traded. :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you all had one guess, where do you think Tanaka will land?

I'm going to go with the Yankees.

I haven't even kept up with who is in on him. My top 3 guesses, based simply on what teams are likely to spend

1) SEA - He probably wouldn't mind playing there and they have stupid money to spare apparently
2) Arizona - seems like they have the money and need, and are sure talking a lot
3) Rangers - Not hearing anything from us, we have the need, might not have the money...but never count us out.