• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch actually hit lefties better than righties last year.

I doubt it will take a week for Tanaka to sign. He has an offer from the Cubs already.

He'll absolutely take it to the deadline. There's no reason not to.

I'm with you about him going to the Yanks. They just cleared $25 MM off their books this year, which is total bullshit, and need pitching in the worst way.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks have made no secret of their pursuit of Tanaka this winter, and according to Nikkan, they've offered him a deal for six years and $120MM. Such a contract would be the largest in Diamondbacks history by a wide margin.
The Dodgers and Yankees are believed to have made equivalent offers, according to Nikkan, while comments by Angels owner Arte Moreno suggest that the team would have trouble fitting Tanaka into its budget. Overall, we appear to be nearing the stage in negotiations where the only step remaining is Tanaka's actual decision.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will take a week for Tanaka to sign. He has an offer from the Cubs already.

Actually.... Yankees, Dodgers, D'Backs, Cubs, and White Sox have all made formal offers.

ALL over 6yrs/100 million.

lolololololololol.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually.... Yankees, Dodgers, D'Backs, Cubs, and White Sox have all made formal offers.

ALL over 6yrs/100 million.

lolololololololol.

Fuckin Dodgers, man. Their TV deal is gianormous, but give me a break.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes to Dodgers...... Hope he goes to Dodgers or Cubs

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I wish Neftali was going into spring training as our #5 starter.

Why? He doesn't want to start, and from his history, he doesn't hold up well enough to do so. Plus, he has concentrated on being a closer, and from all accounts has matured - physically/mentally - and my guess is has the inside track on regaining his former position.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He doesn't want to start, and from his history, he doesn't hold up well enough to do so. Plus, he has concentrated on being a closer, and from all accounts has matured - physically/mentally - and my guess is has the inside track on regaining his former position.

i agree but some will be content with going into the season with Yu & Martin, a still questionable Harrison and whatever floats to the surface during ST

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried watching MLB but Mitch Williams suddenly changed my mind. If there is anything you want to know, ask Mitch. He knows all.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but some will be content with going into the season with Yu & Martin, a still questionable Harrison and whatever floats to the surface during ST
I agree with Donaldson but there may be some hard decisions to be made including Nefie at least till Derek gets back. Hope not but who knows at this time. You make a good point about ST. Could have a nice surprise or two coming.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he should have been in bullpen to begin with.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Donaldson but there may be some hard decisions to be made including Nefie at least till Derek gets back. Hope not but who knows at this time. You make a good point about ST. Could have a nice surprise or two coming.

i agree about some hard decisions but i think using Nefti & Alexi in the starting roles will result in more harm than good. neither has shown that they have the physical makeup to hold up under the strain of starting