• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree about some hard decisions but i think using Nefti & Alexi in the starting roles will result in more harm than good. neither has shown that they have the physical makeup to hold up under the strain of starting

I don't think you can rubber stamp either Feliz or Alexi as not being capable of starting because they got injured doing so. Shoot, Yu complained of back problems toward the end of the year, Harrison and Colby both wound up on the shelf for a year, Holland is on the DL and has missed time in the past, and Cotts didn't pitch for 3 or 4 years at the MLB level. The point is that injuries happen to pitchers. It' an occupational hazard and most pitchers are lucky to not get injured regardless of their rolls. However, if Feliz has the mind set that he doesn't want to start then that's a whole different ballgame.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree about some hard decisions but i think using Nefti & Alexi in the starting roles will result in more harm than good. neither has shown that they have the physical makeup to hold up under the strain of starting

Because Feliz had one injury he can't hold up to the strain of starting?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can rubber stamp either Feliz or Alexi as not being capable of starting because they got injured doing so. Shoot, Yu complained of back problems toward the end of the year, Harrison and Colby both wound up on the shelf for a year, Holland is on the DL and has missed time in the past, and Cotts didn't pitch for 3 or 4 years at the MLB level. The point is that injuries happen to pitchers. It' an occupational hazard and most pitchers are lucky to not get injured regardless of their rolls. However, if Feliz has the mind set that he doesn't want to start then that's a whole different ballgame.

I agree, particularly with that last line.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

let's gamble that they can and not make any moves

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really knows if Neftali can hold up anyways. He's only started 7 games in the majors. He seems content with fighting to be the closer.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really knows if Neftali can hold up anyways. He's only started 7 games in the majors. He seems content with fighting to be the closer.

I want him to be a world class reliever, but he did start in all of his minor league career.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want him to be a world class reliever, but he did start in all of his minor league career.

Feliz as an SP has left the station. In winter ball all 10 of his appearances were from the bullpen.

Feliz was pitching for Los Toros del Este of the Dominican Winter League and they failed to qualify for the playoffs, which begin this week. He made 10 appearances and held his opponents to a .176 batting average. The right-hander could be the Rangers' closer in 2014.

Neftali Feliz - Texas Rangers - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

His focus on taking the closer job and winter ball performance may very well be why TEX is going to give Scheppers the opportunity to start. Whoever of Scheppers or Ogando has the better SP showing may get the newly opened #5 spot while the loser gets to duel Soria for setup. Robbie Ross will get some SP work in camp too but those who worry about Ogando (or Feliz) wearing down deep in the season ... Robbie has worn down both his seasons in the bullpen so I'd worry whether he could start too.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Cotts, Feliz, Frasor, Ogando, Ross, Scheppers & Soria, we have one hellava bullpen why weaken it? why not bring in at least one starter and as much as it pains me to say this depend on Tepesch & Lewis for the 5th starter?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GF just saw Harrison at Target in Euless. She said he was much slimmer than the last time she saw him (Wal-Mart).

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 70

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Justin ... nice one. Great that your girl friend was enough of a fan that she knew who he was and got you the autograph.

She said nobody else knew who he was, which is strange to me because he looks like Sloth from Goonies. I don't know how every Rangers fan doesn't recognize him.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GF just saw Harrison at Target in Euless. She said he was much slimmer than the last time she saw him (Wal-Mart).

That's great, good for her. fun!

I'm not worried about his weight, bound to gain some recovering and then lose it getting back into shape.
I'm worried about his back, and the fact that we have 3 confirmed SP's and it's not even ST yet

sigh, cursed I tell you

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great, good for her. fun!

I'm not worried about his weight, bound to gain some recovering and then lose it getting back into shape.
I'm worried about his back, and the fact that we have 3 confirmed SP's and it's not even ST yet

sigh, cursed I tell you
Justin knows how to pick em'. The kind of gal your guy has.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you hate it JTA, but.....

I can't stand Richard Sherman. Who else saw the interview right after the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, wasn't sure if that was Richard Sherman or Dennis Rodman...

By the way, if your state legalizes pot, do you get a free ride to the Super Bowl? If so, the Cowboys will never make it again.