• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have 100% of this Compton thug! And this punk acts this way no matter who they play. Did you happen to see his classless ass after the New England game?

If I wasn't for Denver before, I would be now. But I'm a Tennessee Vol homer, so I was all in to begin with.

Define what a "thug" is? The guy went to Stanford and graduated in less than 4 years. He was one of the better or best students in his high school from what I read a while back. Yes he is abrasive but that shouldn't label him a thug. Personally I love the true hate and dislike for the other team. I want the old school style of sports to come back personally. This is truly great and refreshing to me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define what a "thug" is? The guy went to Stanford and graduated in less than 4 years. He was one of the better or best students in his high school from what I read a while back. Yes he is abrasive but that shouldn't label him a thug. Personally I love the true hate and dislike for the other team. I want the old school style of sports to come back personally. This is truly great and refreshing to me.

Sorry, cannot agree with you at all on this. It is one thing to talk some trash before the game and during but when the game is over act like you have been there before and have some class. Not the role model I would want for my children and grandchildren.

Man, I wish there was something going on in baseball.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How one conducts himself, both on and off the field is what people make of them. I think he conducts himself as a "thug" both on and off the field. Sorry.

Graduating from school, regardless of which one, doesn't alter who the person is. Ndamukong Suh is articulate and intelligent, but he conducts himself poorly, primarily on the field. Although Sherman hasn't stomped on anyone's arm, he conducts himself in a similar manner.

Dick Butkus was about as old school as it gets. But he never conducted himself in this manner. He'd knock your lights out and laugh about it, but he wasn't a thug.

All of this is just MO, and that's about it. Agree to disagree I guess.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed...... Kobe is oldschool in the NBA, but off the court players go to dinner now?!?! The games are better when the players and teams truly hate each other.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that Roughned Odor is rated the 2nd best 2nd baseman in the minors right now based on this list.

2014 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News

Be patient when you click the link it will eventually list the top 10 2nd basemans.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn't being abrasive, he was being an ass. There was no way he should of talked to that reporter like that.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that Roughned Odor is rated the 2nd best 2nd baseman in the minors right now based on this list.

Be patient when you click the link it will eventually list the top 10 2nd basemans.

Alfaro - 3rd ranked catching prospect (Bernie Pleskoff: Rangers' Jorge Alfaro is an elite catching prospect | texasrangers.com: News )
Sardinas - 9th ranked SS prospect
Guzman - 10th ranked 1B prospect
Odor - 2nd ranked 2B prospect

And I'm going to assume Choice, Gallo & maybe Beras crack the top 10 in their respective positions.

Times are good.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't being abrasive, he was being an ass. There was no way he should of talked to that reporter like that.

We'll agree to disagree. I thought it was great. The next 2 weeks will be really fun. I don't believe he was an ass and an ass to the reporter. I suppose people didn't like the hate and trash talking in the old days. I think it's great for the game and great for sports.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfaro - 3rd ranked catching prospect (Bernie Pleskoff: Rangers' Jorge Alfaro is an elite catching prospect | texasrangers.com: News )
Sardinas - 9th ranked SS prospect
Guzman - 10th ranked 1B prospect
Odor - 2nd ranked 2B prospect

And I'm going to assume Choice, Gallo & maybe Beras crack the top 10 in their respective positions.

Times are good.

I was thinking later I should have checked other positions. Glad you did. Let's just keep building that farm system up.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Kazmir officially signed with the A's.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love that the position players are making the grade but it would've been nice to see a couple pitchers make the cut,

not that I really think anyone we have is worthy, just a general statement about the level of pitching in the system right now

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that the position players are making the grade but it would've been nice to see a couple pitchers make the cut,

not that I really think anyone we have is worthy, just a general statement about the level of pitching in the system right now

True, we have traded quite a few prospects the last couple of years. Rebuilding at the very low levels but not much depth at AAA and AA.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agree. Would be interesting to see where all the pitchers that TEX used to acquire all the trade deadline spares over the past couple of seasons ... rank today.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me going out and signing a retread is as big a gamble as playing what we have.

so you'd go into the season with Harrison at 3, Lewis at 4 and Tepesch at 5? to me that's a pretty weak rotation

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you'd go into the season with Harrison at 3, Lewis at 4 and Tepesch at 5? to me that's a pretty weak rotation

this is on the other side of optimism but if Harrison (give him 45 days), Lewis (give him 30 days) and let Tepesch have some slack....maybe not as bad as we would think.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Scotty ... We have had to have had this conversation three earlier times on this thread.

Only thing that has happened since the last time we had it was that Holland fell down stairs. I don't think you blow up your system and start hyperventilating over one SP going out.

Rotation plan for 2014 always looked like ... in alphabetical order ... Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Perez and the best of Tepesch, Ogando, Lewis, Scheppers, Ross, Kirkman and a few other names from within the system and a few other veteran FAs signed to either major or minor league deals.

Other than Holland falling down stairs ... nothing has changed. Nobody is hyperventilating. Might Tepesch and Lewis be in the rotation? Maybe. Might Tepesch and Ogando be in the rotation? Maybe. Might Scheppers and Ross be in the rotation? Maybe ... but not as likely.

There are three weeks to go pitchers and catchers report ... then 45 days to figure out who the missing pieces are to start the season. Nobody is hyperventilating.