• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading through news, I'd like to take this post to thank JD and all the scouts.

I don't think the rangers were scouting chone figgins. Thank jebus we aren't needing to scout THAT retread for IF depth.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scotty ... We have had to have had this conversation three earlier times on this thread.

Only thing that has happened since the last time we had it was that Holland fell down stairs. I don't think you blow up your system and start hyperventilating over one SP going out.

Rotation plan for 2014 always looked like ... in alphabetical order ... Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Perez and the best of Tepesch, Ogando, Lewis, Scheppers, Ross, Kirkman and a few other names from within the system and a few other veteran FAs signed to either major or minor league deals.

Other than Holland falling down stairs ... nothing has changed. Nobody is hyperventilating. Might Tepesch and Lewis be in the rotation? Maybe. Might Tepesch and Ogando be in the rotation? Maybe. Might Scheppers and Ross be in the rotation? Maybe ... but not as likely.

There are three weeks to go pitchers and catchers report ... then 45 days to figure out who the missing pieces are to start the season. Nobody is hyperventilating.

So.....if I'm understanding this correctly.....no one is hyperventilating? Are we clear?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scotty ... We have had to have had this conversation three earlier times on this thread.

Only thing that has happened since the last time we had it was that Holland fell down stairs. I don't think you blow up your system and start hyperventilating over one SP going out.

Rotation plan for 2014 always looked like ... in alphabetical order ... Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Perez and the best of Tepesch, Ogando, Lewis, Scheppers, Ross, Kirkman and a few other names from within the system and a few other veteran FAs signed to either major or minor league deals.

Other than Holland falling down stairs ... nothing has changed. Nobody is hyperventilating. Might Tepesch and Lewis be in the rotation? Maybe. Might Tepesch and Ogando be in the rotation? Maybe. Might Scheppers and Ross be in the rotation? Maybe ... but not as likely.

There are three weeks to go pitchers and catchers report ... then 45 days to figure out who the missing pieces are to start the season. Nobody is hyperventilating.

Kirkman is a joke, you can take him off the list.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define what a "thug" is? The guy went to Stanford and graduated in less than 4 years. He was one of the better or best students in his high school from what I read a while back. Yes he is abrasive but that shouldn't label him a thug. Personally I love the true hate and dislike for the other team. I want the old school style of sports to come back personally. This is truly great and refreshing to me.

You want the old school style of sports to come back? Fine. But not one single old school athlete- not ONE- ever acted like Sherman did in that ridiculous drug-induced post game rage. Even cocky Muhammad Ali bragged with an air of swagger as opposed to unintelligible rage. It's fine to hate your opponents. It's fine to let them have it on the field of play. But to act like a totally classless psychopath after the game is over is way over the top. It was a time for celebration, not vengeful anger. I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson can't stand the 49ers. I didn't see him acting like a violent criminal who belongs behind bars after the game. Erin Andrews has interviewed hundreds of athletes in her day, many of whom just completed an emotional win. Yet the look of fear and shock on her face for the hostility he was displaying was unmistakeable. Even his brash coach had to have a talk with him about how inappropriate it was. All he had to say was something along the lines of "Crabtree and those guys mean nothing to us. They couldn't hang with us and we sent them home." It would have conveyed the hatred and boasting without the psychotic roid rage. Maybe you're ok with players acting like rabid crazed animals after the game is over. I, along with millions more, am not.

Nothing in that garbled mess of a tirade even remotely resembled that of a Stanford grad. You do realize that a very large percentage of the time that college football players' GPA's mean nothing right? Or do you naively believe that all football players earn those GPA's? The fact that he has a transcript which says the words "Stanford" and "3.9 GPA" means nothing to me. Apparently he didn't take any courses there on being able to answer media questions like a sane and rational adult.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at skinny CC. Reminds me of Nate Newton when he lost all that weight. It's just weird.
Y! SPORTS

That's pretty freaky-looking. Reminds me too of the slimmed-down Nate Newton and also of Al Roker when he first lost all of his weight.

Nothing's creepier though than the skin changes Sammy Sosa has undergone since he retired. Google "Sammy Sosa Before and After".

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kirkman is a joke, you can take him off the list.

Not taking Kirkman off any list until JD does. Go check to see which #5 contender had the best 2012 ST. It wasn't Tepesch. It was Kirkman by a long shot. Know that may upset lots of folks rhetoric ... but as long as he's on the 40man ... he's a potential SP. He's not a RP and was misplaced in that role.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking Kirkman off any list until JD does. Go check to see which #5 contender had the best 2012 ST. It wasn't Tepesch. It was Kirkman by a long shot. Know that may upset lots of folks rhetoric ... but as long as he's on the 40man ... he's a potential SP. He's not a RP and was misplaced in that role.

We lost at least 5 games because of kirkman last year. Frustrating that he's still on the roster or that they can't at least trade him for something.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't give a damn what he did in spring training. A lot of time in spring taining he was facing minor league batters. Regular season he was 0-2 with a 8.18 era.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty freaky-looking. Reminds me too of the slimmed-down Nate Newton and also of Al Roker when he first lost all of his weight.

Nothing's creepier though than the skin changes Sammy Sosa has undergone since he retired. Google "Sammy Sosa Before and After".

You're right

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give a damn what he did in spring training. A lot of time in spring taining he was facing minor league batters. Regular season he was 0-2 with a 8.18 era.

You're missing his point. His point is Kirkman has been miscast as a RP and that he may have more success as a starter which is what he's always been, but we've never seen at the major league level. Point is, hes going to get another shot this year because we can't afford to just toss starting pitching out the window.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing his point. His point is Kirkman has been miscast as a RP and that he may have more success as a starter which is what he's always been, but we've never seen at the major league level. Point is, hes going to get another shot this year because we can't afford to just toss starting pitching out the window.

Going back and forth like that can be tough on some pitchers. I know it is the nature of the beast and has to be done at times.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want the old school style of sports to come back? Fine. But not one single old school athlete- not ONE- ever acted like Sherman did in that ridiculous drug-induced post game rage. Even cocky Muhammad Ali bragged with an air of swagger as opposed to unintelligible rage. It's fine to hate your opponents. It's fine to let them have it on the field of play. But to act like a totally classless psychopath after the game is over is way over the top. It was a time for celebration, not vengeful anger. I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson can't stand the 49ers. I didn't see him acting like a violent criminal who belongs behind bars after the game. Erin Andrews has interviewed hundreds of athletes in her day, many of whom just completed an emotional win. Yet the look of fear and shock on her face for the hostility he was displaying was unmistakeable. Even his brash coach had to have a talk with him about how inappropriate it was. All he had to say was something along the lines of "Crabtree and those guys mean nothing to us. They couldn't hang with us and we sent them home." It would have conveyed the hatred and boasting without the psychotic roid rage. Maybe you're ok with players acting like rabid crazed animals after the game is over. I, along with millions more, am not.

Nothing in that garbled mess of a tirade even remotely resembled that of a Stanford grad. You do realize that a very large percentage of the time that college football players' GPA's mean nothing right? Or do you naively believe that all football players earn those GPA's? The fact that he has a transcript which says the words "Stanford" and "3.9 GPA" means nothing to me. Apparently he didn't take any courses there on being able to answer media questions like a sane and rational adult.

We'll agree to disagree. I think this is great. I'm tired of the same ol boring stuff players usually give us. I'm not saying everybody should act that way but I think true dislike and hate for the other team should be the case. Well a college graduate may not mean anything to you and that's all well and good. I'm sorry but Erin Andrews did not have fear. She was loving it and she was probably shocked by the start of it but she knew she had gold but the idiots at Fox wanted to break away from the interview.

But again like I said we'll agree to disagree. Richard Sherman is refreshing and we need more of him. It's great for the game and great for sports in general.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not saying blow up the system. just think that you have to bring in someone and go with Yu, Martin, Matt, a FA starter and the best of Lewis & Tepesch leaving Ogando, Scheppers & Ross in the pen where they need to be. that's not blowing anything up.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now that's what i classify as a gamble

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like he will get another chance. I hope he does well. But if he fails, i don't want to see wash to continue to play him, like he did with murphy.