• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We were talking about how MIL wants Mitch.

You mean this? PIT might get TEX interest in moving Mitch ... but doesn't seem like anything MIL wants to exchange interests TEX.

In also noting that the trade market for first baseman was thin, Melvin acknowledged he had at least had discussions with the Rangers and Mariners. "There just aren't available guys. Texas, at this point, is not willing to talk about [Mitch] Moreland. Seattle is not interested in moving their guys. So, there aren't a lot of choices."

Brewers Notes: Aoki, Melvin, Loney, First Base: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

IMO TEX isn't interested in resigning Baker at this point unless they plan to keep Moreland.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about how MIL wants Mitch.
As it stands now, Mitch will stay if we sign Baker thus MIL is out. Things may change. Can't say what JD will do at this point.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take on Tanaka:

Also within Elliott's article, a source provides this scouting report on Tanaka: "Plenty of great Japanese hitters say his four-seam fastball and splitter are indistinguishable. His regular season was outstanding: 95-96 mph, four-seam fastball, location was great, velocity was great and an unhittable splitter, along with a hard slider."
Elliott's source also outlined what Tanaka will be seeking from potential suitors. "Tanaka wants to go to a World Series, wants a city where his family will feel at home since they don’t speak English. He has a desire to be on a team with potential to win and loves the pressure."

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean this? PIT might get TEX interest in moving Mitch ... but doesn't seem like anything MIL wants to exchange interests TEX.

In also noting that the trade market for first baseman was thin, Melvin acknowledged he had at least had discussions with the Rangers and Mariners. "There just aren't available guys. Texas, at this point, is not willing to talk about [Mitch] Moreland. Seattle is not interested in moving their guys. So, there aren't a lot of choices."

Brewers Notes: Aoki, Melvin, Loney, First Base: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

IMO TEX isn't interested in resigning Baker at this point unless they plan to keep Moreland.

I just posted that paragraph on the last page. We might not be interested in what they're offering. My point is the hypotheticals we were throwing out there were with the notion that Mitch was traded.

I just said the same thing about Baker. I don't think he makes sense unless we keep Mitch. I'm not sure if you're arguing or not.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanaka just isn't worth the money. It will sound arrogant but there isn't really anything anyone can say that will make me change that opinion. I just don't think he's got the stuff to be a longstanding powerhouse in the mlb

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanaka just isn't worth the money. It will sound arrogant but there isn't really anything anyone can say that will make me change that opinion. I just don't think he's got the stuff to be a longstanding powerhouse in the mlb

According to mlbtr the money will be crazy and he can thank Yu's success partly for that. He will cost too much. I just posted it because it was good to hear things from those who have faced him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you heard anything about the Korean pitcher, Suk Min Yoon?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I looked into him myself and he actually looked decent to me. But we haven't had any conversations about him at this point

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just posted that paragraph on the last page. We might not be interested in what they're offering. My point is the hypotheticals we were throwing out there were with the notion that Mitch was traded.

I just said the same thing about Baker. I don't think he makes sense unless we keep Mitch. I'm not sure if you're arguing or not.

Not arguing except to the point that MLB Rumors statement was "Texas, at this point, is not willing to talk about [Mitch] Moreland." That's a bit more negative than giving the impression that what TEX has asked for in return is not acceptable to MIL. Sounds more like TEX wasn't interested in talking about him. That sounds like he's staying.

This does not mean TEX isn't talking to others about Mitch ... which may be the reason it sems to be taking so long for TEX to pull the trigger on Baker. IMO TEX would rather trade for an everyday DH on the strength of their minor league assets. If they wanted Morales ... they would have already signed him.

Short of something materializing via a trade (which could include Mitch) ... I think TEX is positioning itself to go with Mitch and ostensibly Baker at a platoon DH to open the season.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I looked into him myself and he actually looked decent to me. But we haven't had any conversations about him at this point

I thought the same, and he would be much cheaper, and he's only 27. I was just wondering if he's ever been mentioned. I know the Red Sox are interested.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard anything about the Korean pitcher, Suk Min Yoon?

Forgot about him, I'm wondering what the price tag would be

He's an option going forward, I wasn't interested when we had a healthy Holland but but that's obviously changed now

Ross in the rotation is a possibility as we have Ortiz to put in his slot, its nice to have a dominant bullpen, but I'd rather have the best 5 in the rotation, and if that's Ross, so be it

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that concerns me about him is that he's a very small body that hasn't ever had an mlb like workload. Usually with smaller guys like that you worry that the plane of their fastball will be too flat, but he may be able to get away with it as fast as it is. It also looked like it had a slight inward tail to it as well. Very interesting possibility

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about him, I'm wondering what the price tag would be

He's an option going forward, I wasn't interested when we had a healthy Holland but but that's obviously changed now

Ross in the rotation is a possibility as we have Ortiz to put in his slot, its nice to have a dominant bullpen, but I'd rather have the best 5 in the rotation, and if that's Ross, so be it

I haven't seen anything regarding his price tag. Boras is his agent though, so we have some familiarity there.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Moreland told reporters, including Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, he still isn't sure whether he will playing for the Rangers or elsewhere in 2014. "They’ve definitely made a lot of moves and have been very active this offseason," Moreland said. "From what I know right now, I’m still here and still a Texas Ranger and happy to be here and looking forward to the season." Earlier today, we learned Texas has been unwilling to discuss Moreland in trade talks. If that remains the case, Moreland says he has been told his role will be changing and he will use Spring Training to prepare himself to play first base, the outfield, and DH.

Maybe it's just me, but all this talk about the Rangers being unwilling to talk about Mitch gives me the feeling that JD is trying to drive the price up on him. Of course it could mean we really aren't going to move him.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody is interested, 60 Minutes is doing a story on A-Rod, including an interview with Tony Bosch... It's on now...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody is interested, 60 Minutes is doing a story on A-Rod, including an interview with Tony Bosch... It's on now...

Bosch using reasoning that everyone is doing it as justifying A-Rod using banned substances.