• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a Venezuelan Abe

I hope he's grown his upper body strength some more too. Some power was starting to show late in the year. Maybe he'll give us 10-15 this year.

hahaha......Venezuelan Abe......very good sir.....:clap:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the case long before Holland got hurt though, I read something about that a few weeks ago

I too remember reading this. Doesn't strike me as anything to be alarmed about. It's just ST and ST is often used as baseballs answer to the petri dish. Small experiment and lets see where the chips fall.

And I thought going in, Scheppers, Ross, Tepesch or Lewis would win a starting spot.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather he go back to giving us 30-40 doubles, that was the most disappointing thing about last year, 17 freaking doubles, down from 31 the year before

Good point. Hey, why not both. I keep thinking one of these years he's going to take another step at the plate.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheppers told to arrive in ST to both start and relieve. Not sure what to think of this. Last time he really started was in 2010 and it was for just 7 games and that really is it.

Man I hate this. The Rangers have a chance to have the most shutdown bullpen in the majors next year, and now half the guys on the staff don't know if they'll be starters or relievers

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hate this. The Rangers have a chance to have the most shutdown bullpen in the majors next year, and now half the guys on the staff don't know if they'll be starters or relievers

Over stated. This is ST only and nothing to worry about. Look at it this way, the Rangers are very fortunate to have this many options for swing men.

Ross has wanted to be given an opportunity to start; went to winter ball to try it out. He gets a shot. Ogando is going to start, and either Lewis/Tepesch/Scheppers will get the nod. Unless a trade is made.

Again, it's only ST, and a time for experimentation.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over stated. This is ST only and nothing to worry about. Look at it this way, the Rangers are very fortunate to have this many options for swing men.

Ross has wanted to be given an opportunity to start; went to winter ball to try it out. He gets a shot. Ogando is going to start, and either Lewis/Tepesch/Scheppers will get the nod. Unless a trade is made.

Maybe a little overstated, but the Holland injury will have a huge trickle down on the staff. Personally, I'd like to see the rotation shake out with Yu, Perez, Harrison, Tepesch and Williams. Leave Feliz, Ogando, Scheppers, and Ross in what could be a devastating bullpen. If we could make it through till midseason, imagine the possible shot in the arm getting back Holland could bring.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's my concern too. we had a very good rotation and a shutdown bullpen and now with the loss of Holland for a half a season we are talking about blowing up the bullpen to cover the holes in the rotation

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a little overstated, but the Holland injury will have a huge trickle down on the staff. Personally, I'd like to see the rotation shake out with Yu, Perez, Harrison, Tepesch and Williams. Leave Feliz, Ogando, Scheppers, and Ross in what could be a devastating bullpen. If we could make it through till midseason, imagine the possible shot in the arm getting back Holland could bring.

Fair enough.

I would encourage you to accept that Ogando is going to start and Ross is going to be given a starting opportunity as well. Apparently, so is Scheppers, Lewis and Tepesch.

The BP will be strong regardless IMO. Cotts, Frasor, Soria, Feliz are already there and established. That's 4 damn good one's right there. Depending on what comes out of the starting competition, several of these guys will be back as setup/long men.

It's not what we had hoped, but honestly, I am not as concerned as some.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I would encourage you to accept that Ogando is going to start and Ross is going to be given a starting opportunity as well. Apparently, so is Scheppers, Lewis and Tepesch.

The BP will be strong regardless IMO. Cotts, Frasor, Soria, Feliz are already there and established. That's 4 damn good one's right there. Depending on what comes out of the starting competition, several of these guys will be back as setup/long men.

The thing with Scheppers is he really has never been a starter even in the minors. He started 7 games towards the end of 2010 and that is it. Let him know up front we want you to be our 8th or 9th inning guy and leave it at that. Ross started in the minors and did very well and Ogando has stared of course for Texas in the past so those possibilities are understandable. There is a different mindset to the two as I am sure you know. Relievers can come in and let it fly. A starter has to tame it back some.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

This looks good. Do not want to see Kirkman out there.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIL still wants Mitch.

In also noting that the trade market for first baseman was thin, Melvin acknowledged he had at least had discussions with the Rangers and Mariners. "There just aren't available guys. Texas, at this point, is not willing to talk about [Mitch] Moreland.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIL still wants Mitch.

In also noting that the trade market for first baseman was thin, Melvin acknowledged he had at least had discussions with the Rangers and Mariners. "There just aren't available guys. Texas, at this point, is not willing to talk about [Mitch] Moreland.

Why not? Trade him JD!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Trade him JD!

Not if the Brewers don't have something worth trading for. Keep him unless something better comes along. I don't want us to get rid of him just for the sake of getting rid of him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if the Brewers don't have something worth trading for. Keep him unless something better comes along. I don't want us to get rid of him just for the sake of getting rid of him.
No argument there.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran and Carolina is like playing against themselves. They are so similar. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agree ... thinking about this a bit bet that TEX wants to make sure it sets aside 2inning blocks for all its SPs and younger RPs so they aren't singling out to one or another who will occupy the #4 (now) and #5 rotation spots. If the #4 and #5 decision occupies only the SPs all the way down to AA then guys like Scheppers and Ross don't get the PT. By naming Ross and Scheppers as potential SPs it broadens the competition and ensures those guys get to pitch.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need more than Baker. We need a DH. Baker can't hit righties. We should go get Billy Butler or Morales, then trade Moreland.
Baker was the one Terps friend said everyone thinks they're signing Baker. That's why I said Baker but regardless a DH would be nice.