• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just came out a few days ago that they were at their limit and that's why experts were questioning why they signed Cano

I read the same reports. I'm just not sure I'm buying the reports.

To invest so much in Cano during his prime, which is now, and then waste his most productive years waiting on their improving minor league system, or adding major league players either by trade or FA is incredibly bad business. Not that this organization hasn't shown themselves to be bad business people before.

And I wonder is Cruz wants to be the 4th OF and part time DH for us if he has a chance to start in the OF somewhere.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales makes sense too because he's a switch hitter but I doubt we sign him because he costs another pick

Ya but we'd get it back for nelly. I'm fine with either one to be honest. Both pack a punch and both allow for a trade

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but we'd get it back for nelly. I'm fine with either one to be honest. Both pack a punch and both allow for a trade

Do you think your friend will give you an update on Cruz or Morales? If we get one of those two. This team will be scary as hell.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya he will later tonight. Front office Christmas party is tonight so he'll be around everyone else. Maybe that's why they upped the choo offer lol

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cruz's familiarity with the club house. Sure Elvis, Beltre and he are good friends. I bet Wash and JD can promise him lots of time on the field. He will get his ABs. Do you think we get this done by Christmas, Terps?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cruz's familiarity with the club house. Sure Elvis, Beltre and he are good friends. I bet Wash and JD can promise him lots of time on the field. He will get his ABs. Do you think we get this done by Christmas, Terps?

Id like to give you my opinion but CLEARLY I'm not very good with time estimates lol

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414480934197796865[/MEDIA]"]3m[/ame] Source: Choo and #Rangers shifted $5M from first year of seven-year $130M deal to 2016 and ’17, creating additional flexibility for ’14.

Hmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 3m Source: Choo and #Rangers shifted $5M from first year of seven-year $130M deal to 2016 and ’17, creating additional flexibility for ’14.

Hmmmmmm

That's very interesting, I wonder what the FO is planning.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, they are gonna get a Dh. Bank on it. They wouldn't have to backload it unless they wanted to make one more move. That would be stupid. I'm tellin you that's the plan. I know some of you ( won't name specifically) think I'm just talking a bunch of bs but I'm tellin you that's what the plan is.

BTW y'all gotta listen to one alter bridge song of my choosing!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, they are gonna get a Dh. Bank on it. They wouldn't have to backload it unless they wanted to make one more move. That would be stupid. I'm tellin you that's the plan. I know some of you ( won't name specifically) think I'm just talking a bunch of bs but I'm tellin you that's what the plan is.

Couldn't it be Perry Como? ;)

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always been a believer of the Terp..... JD was watching the same team that we were last season. LF, DH, and 1B sucked the life out of this team and made the offense unbearable to watch. They wouldn't backload the deal for no reason, it has to mean we are gonna go after Cruz or Morales. Moreland needs to be traded, I'm probably in the minority, but the kid has had too many chances here.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't see the Rangers guaranteeing him many games in the OF. Only in the case of an injury to Rios or Choo (heaven forbid on both) he'll get 75% of his ABs will come from DHing IMO. And I suspect he is not wanting to do this.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the Rangers guaranteeing him many games in the OF. Only in the case of an injury to Rios or Choo (heaven forbid on both) he'll get 75% of his ABs will come from DHing IMO. And I suspect he is not wanting to do this.

you have 3 COF's so rotating them based on Choo's troubles with lefties and DH he would get plenty of time in the field

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'd expect Choo to be the new leadoff hitter replacing Kinsler.

Choo career batting leadoff: ... 941ABs .300 .413 .484 .897
in 2013 leadoff ... 534ABs .294 .432 .481 .914

Nice.

Choo will be a regular at leadoff ... which makes him an ill choice to split time with Cruz or as a RF/DH option with Cruz. Cruz and Rios maybe but Rios is the better defender although Cruz the better arm.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on his number? Told my wife to add "Choo Rangers home jersey" to my Xmas list, not sure they will have one out in time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have 3 COF's so rotating them based on Choo's troubles with lefties and DH he would get plenty of time in the field

Did Choo DH much the last 2 seasons? I ask because Choo has gotten over 550 ABs the past 2 years. So he must have gotten a bunch of ABs against LH too, even if not as successful. And I wonder if he expects to be in LF pretty much everyday, regardless of the starter, just like Fielder thinks he's at 1st base no matter what.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on his number? Told my wife to add "Choo Rangers home jersey" to my Xmas list, not sure they will have one out in time.

no but i will say, I ordered a new miami salty shirt about a week and a half ago and it wont be here til after christmas