• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried telling those negative Nancy's to chill, but they just wanted to bitch and moan. This is very reminiscent of the trade deadline this year.

It ain't over, til it's over. We hung in and kept our trigger finger off the panic button.

In JD I trust.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still hoping that the Rangers sign Kendrys Morales instead of Nelson Cruz.Like i have said before the reasons he is 30 Nellie is 33,he is a switch hitter which will give us better options against right or left handed pitchers and last the contract will be less we should be able to get Morales for 3 years around 14 or 15 million a season where Cruz is looking for more years and more money.I still don't understand why everyone wants to trade Michael Choice we traded Gentry for him to replace him not for trade bait.Choice is 24 years old has a big upside and will probably replace Rios in a year or two.I can see them trading Moreland if we sign Morales but don't see it if we sign Cruz.

Either one would fill a need.... The kicker is that Morales would cost a draft pick, and consider where that draft pick would be going? Seattle...... We don't want to give Seattle any help because they recently signed Cano and are a division rival. Given the familiarity with Cruz, I'd guess Morales is a long shot with the circumstances as they are. I'd be excited if we got either one of them, because then Moreland would most likely be traded for a reliever? Or prospects? Not sure.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either one would fill a need.... The kicker is that Morales would cost a draft pick, and consider where that draft pick would be going? Seattle...... We don't want to give Seattle any help because they recently signed Cano and are a division rival. Given the familiarity with Cruz, I'd guess Morales is a long shot with the circumstances as they are. I'd be excited if we got either one of them, because then Moreland would most likely be traded for a reliever? Or prospects? Not sure.

Then seattles would be going right back to us with morales

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't assume Cruz would end up in Seattle tho.
Seattle seems to be all over Price though they don't want to give away their top pitching prospect. Of course they could try for both Price and Cruz.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't over, til it's over. We hung in and kept our trigger finger off the panic button.

In JD I trust.
You just kind of have to. Fielder and Choo! All in all we have really done well. Profar to begin his career. Choo great lead off man. Fielder to supply power......on and on.:10:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to god if wash tries to bat Martin lead off anyways I'll punch a baby rabbit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just kind of have to. Fielder and Choo! All in all we have really done well. Profar to begin his career. Choo great lead off man. Fielder to supply power......on and on.:10:

The trade acquiring choice could really pay dividends as well.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't assume Cruz would end up in Seattle tho.

Either way, we'll get a pick back if we don't sign cruz. In order for this to be a GREAT offseason, we need to sign one of the two and make a trade for an RHP.

Choo
Andrus
Fielder
Beltre
Cruz/Morales
Rios
Martin/Profar
Soto
Profar/Martin

vs last year...

Kinsler
Andrus
Berkman
Beltre
Cruz
AJ
Moreland
Murphy
Martin

Like night and day

That is so solid. Imagine if profar plays up to his expectations. That's 7 out of 9 impact bats.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to god if wash tries to bat Martin lead off anyways I'll punch a baby rabbit.

no way. with how horrible he's doing right now and how successful choo is as a leadoff. If it aint broke don't fix it. I would never support any decisions wash makes if that happened

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something I love about how our lineup looks now. Move Martin to ninth and he's batting in front of choo. When he gets on base with his speed with choo at the plate we suddenly get really dangerous. Choo makes our entire lineup better.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way. with how horrible he's doing right now and how successful choo is as a leadoff. If it aint broke don't fix it. I would never support any decisions wash makes if that happened

but he is the Wash

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And ya know, despite some doomsters here recently, both Bowden and yahoo sports had our grade as a B+ before we got Choo. Surely that puts us as A+ now?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder, just shooting in the dark, if jordan zimmerman is available. I'm around a lot of nats/O's fans right now so Wieters is being thrown at me, who I don't care for. But jordan zimmerman would be so freaking nice