• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a believer of the Terp..... JD was watching the same team that we were last season. LF, DH, and 1B sucked the life out of this team and made the offense unbearable to watch. They wouldn't backload the deal for no reason, it has to mean we are gonna go after Cruz or Morales. Moreland needs to be traded, I'm probably in the minority, but the kid has had too many chances here.

its not that people dont believe me its that people think i overblow some of the stuff just to create conversation when its literally word for word what the texts say haha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on his number? Told my wife to add "Choo Rangers home jersey" to my Xmas list, not sure they will have one out in time.

I've been meaning to ask you, Is that a Spam Popsicle for your avatar?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but i will say, I ordered a new miami salty shirt about a week and a half ago and it wont be here til after christmas

Salty fan? The guy did nothing as a ranger.... Did he go to your college or something?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Choo DH much the last 2 seasons? I ask because Choo has gotten over 550 ABs the past 2 years. So he must have gotten a bunch of ABs against LH too, even if not as successful. And I wonder if he expects to be in LF pretty much everyday, regardless of the starter, just like Fielder thinks he's at 1st base no matter what.

was in the NL so probably not but some kind of rotation can and will work

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salty fan? The guy did nothing as a ranger.... Did he go to your college or something?

my little brother is a HUGE salty fan. I could care less for the guy. My brother was a huge cj wilson fan, and about 4 years ago we went to an exhibition game against KC at the ball park, and cj was warming up (it was his first year starting i believe) and my brother kept yelling for him to sign the ball, I mean because it was spring training and all, and he completely ignored him. Then salty walked by after he warmed up and said "I'll sign it for you man."

been a fan ever since

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY FUCK I JUST SAW THE NEWS!!!!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a ridiculous happy dance in my living room.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my little brother is a HUGE salty fan. I could care less for the guy. My brother was a huge cj wilson fan, and about 4 years ago we went to an exhibition game against KC at the ball park, and cj was warming up (it was his first year starting i believe) and my brother kept yelling for him to sign the ball, I mean because it was spring training and all, and he completely ignored him. Then salty walked by after he warmed up and said "I'll sign it for you man."

been a fan ever since

That is a nice gesture..... CJ is such a douche, I'm glad he's gone. I'll refrain from saying anything negative about Salty from now on. Just don't look for me to say anything positive tho lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY FUCK I JUST SAW THE NEWS!!!!

And just think, we were talking people off the ledge just a few days ago.

Merry Christmas perhaps. At least one hellva stocking stuffier isn't it?

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still hoping that the Rangers sign Kendrys Morales instead of Nelson Cruz.Like i have said before the reasons he is 30 Nellie is 33,he is a switch hitter which will give us better options against right or left handed pitchers and last the contract will be less we should be able to get Morales for 3 years around 14 or 15 million a season where Cruz is looking for more years and more money.I still don't understand why everyone wants to trade Michael Choice we traded Gentry for him to replace him not for trade bait.Choice is 24 years old has a big upside and will probably replace Rios in a year or two.I can see them trading Moreland if we sign Morales but don't see it if we sign Cruz.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not my style but there are several on this board that would have

Yeah, noticed. Been the recipient on a few actually. Seems real unnecessary to me. Shoot, we all have opinions and it's not the end of the world to disagree.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now those of you doubting jd thinking he was honestly going to stand pat, you know who you are and :stfu:

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still hoping that the Rangers sign Kendrys Morales instead of Nelson Cruz.Like i have said before the reasons he is 30 Nellie is 33,he is a switch hitter which will give us better options against right or left handed pitchers and last the contract will be less we should be able to get Morales for 3 years around 14 or 15 million a season where Cruz is looking for more years and more money.I still don't understand why everyone wants to trade Michael Choice we traded Gentry for him to replace him not for trade bait.Choice is 24 years old has a big upside and will probably replace Rios in a year or two.I can see them trading Moreland if we sign Morales but don't see it if we sign Cruz.

:agree:....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just think, we were talking people off the ledge just a few days ago.

Merry Christmas perhaps. At least one hellva stocking stuffier isn't it?

I tried telling those negative Nancy's to chill, but they just wanted to bitch and moan. This is very reminiscent of the trade deadline this year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely, but we can afford to have Moreland dh with our 1-5 as it's currently constructed.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, it might even be better off, draft wise. What if we sign morales and a team like seattle signs cruz? Wouldnt we end up getting the higher pick outta the two?