• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he'll cost more than Mitch, but not much more. They have a need just like we do. We need depth. I brought up Arroyo and Gallardo yesterday, and I think they would bolster the rotation while allowing Ogando to stay in the pen.

I agree with the concerns about Gallardo, but I know JD knows this and he wouldn't overpay to get him prospect wise

Milwaukee would have to be happy to get out from the last year of his contract

He has this year at 13 million and then next year they can buy him out for 600k and he's a FA, he makes sort of the perfect stop gap in that way

You just have to hope the wheels don't fall off this year,

Arroyo, while not ideal, also has to be on the radar, but he would probably want more than a 1 year deal, and has experience pitching effectively in a hitters park

Jimenez is just too unpredictable to give any big money and years to, Look at cleveland, they stuck with him for years to get one good half out of him, not worth what he's asking

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, by they can pay him while he's not on the team. They don't want any part of him so he'll be able to sign with another team

still will count against their cap for most if not all of the 64M

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have always liked Ogando in the rotation (early in the season anyways). I'm more worried about depth, and what happens when another pitcher gets hurt.

we need at least one starter from free agency

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on asking price, Garza or Arroyo would be the two on my radar. Arroyo is an innings eating machine who has experience in a hitters park. Garza is a solid middle of the rotation guy, and I did like his fire.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still will count against their cap for most if not all of the 64M

That has nothing to do with my post. I just said watch SEA pick him up for cheap. I know he will count against them, but they're still going to rid themselves of him. On the radio yesterday they were actually talking about the way fans would react if he were to come back to TX. Idiots.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on asking price, Garza or Arroyo would be the two on my radar. Arroyo is an innings eating machine who has experience in a hitters park. Garza is a solid middle of the rotation guy, and I did like his fire.

On the last page you said "big pass" on Arroyo.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report is talking about using a combination of Tepesch, Lewis, Jackson and Alex Gonzalez to fill in for Derek. There was also discussion of Johan Santana and Joe Saunders.....omg...

Last night there was some discussion of Homer Bailey...FA in 2015, and don't know what Cincy is looking for to trade him. He would still come cheaper than a Price or a Tanaka for sure, but would he be worth the asking price ( his stats are not as exemplary as I would have thought)...add to this the fact that an extension would have to be negotiated to do a deal - we don't need another one year rental...

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand that, by they can pay him while he's not on the team. They don't want any part of him so he'll be able to sign with another team

No -- he's NYY property. Since he's suspended he just doesn't get paid ... that's how they avoid the $25mil they owe him for 2014. He's just like Cruz was ... on the 40man just doesn't count against the 40man limit since he is on restricted status.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No -- he's NYY property. Since he's suspended he just doesn't get paid ... that's how they avoid the $25mil they owe him for 2014. He's just like Cruz was ... on the 40man just doesn't count against the 40man limit since he is on restricted status.

He can sign with another team next year. He will not be a Yankee. They're going to release him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report is talking about using a combination of Tepesch, Lewis, Jackson and Alex Gonzalez to fill in for Derek. There was also discussion of Johan Santana and Joe Saunders.....omg...

Last night there was some discussion of Homer Bailey...FA in 2015, and don't know what Cincy is looking for to trade him. He would still come cheaper than a Price or a Tanaka for sure, but would he be worth the asking price ( his stats are not as exemplary as I would have thought)...add to this the fact that an extension would have to be negotiated to do a deal - we don't need another one year rental...

His ERA and WHIP have gone down each year though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they release him? They release him he gets paid through the rest of his contract sitting in his living room. He's under contract through 2017.

I've read they want to rid themselves of him. I'm not making it up. He's going to get paid no matter what. The real question is why would they want him in their organization still?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Alex Gonzalez has all of 42.2IP between Spokane and Myrtle Beach in his first year professional ball so not sure why BR would project him as part of the TEX rotation help three levels up. Fact that he bypassed HIK is impressive enough but still a long way to RBIA.

Luke Jackson has 4GS and 27.0IP for FRI. By comparison Tepesch had 14GS and 90.1IP for FRI in 2012 under his belt when he earned his 2013 rotation spot. Jackson will get some work perhaps at the ML camp but I'd be real surprised to see TEX jump him two levels to TEX with his 2013 split between A+ and AA.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Gonzalez has all of 42.2IP between Spokane and Myrtle Beach in his first year professional ball so not sure why BR would project him as part of the TEX rotation help three levels up. Fact that he bypassed HIK is impressive enough but still a long way to RBIA.

Luke Jackson has 4GS and 27.0IP for FRI. By comparison Tepesch had 14GS and 90.1IP for FRI in 2012 under his belt when he earned his 2013 rotation spot. Jackson will get some work perhaps at the ML camp but I'd be real surprised to see TEX jump him two levels to TEX with his 2013 split between A+ and AA.
BR did qualify Gonzalez participation in that it would be very limited and possibly only at the tail end of Holland's absence..no doubt Tepesch and Lewis would get the lion's share of the work...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tepesch made the same jump before last year.