• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MLB Tonight with EG on the phone proposed a rotation of ...

Darvish-Harrison-Ogando-Perez-Tepesch with potential of Ross who apparently started in winter ball and Scheppers potentially starting.

Hate to lose Ogando from the bullpen but would really really hate to lose Scheppers especially since Scheppers only has 12 minor league starts. If Ortiz comes back and nails it in camp again along with Cotts they would form the LHP bullpen component freeing Ross to start. And then there always is Michael Kirkman.

Should be another interesting camp ... maybe another AA arm steps up and makes it interesting like Tepesch did last spring.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously who did Texas fuck over to get this kind of bad luck?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darvish-Harrison-Ogando-Perez-Tepesch with potential of Ross who apparently started in winter ball and Scheppers potentially starting.

Hate to lose Ogando from the bullpen but would really really hate to lose Scheppers especially since Scheppers only has 12 minor league starts. If Ortiz comes back and nails it in camp again along with Cotts they would form the LHP bullpen component freeing Ross to start. And then there always is Michael Kirkman.

Should be another interesting camp ... maybe another AA arm steps up and makes it interesting like Tepesch did last spring.
You'd only possibly lose Ogando for half the season till Holland comes back. Or maybe Tepesch, but he maybe a good 5th. At least we get back Derek strong for the second half.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're in a bind

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize until today that Jameis Winston was a 15th rd pick out of high school for the Rangers in 2012, where the hell have I been?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize until today that Jameis Winston was a 15th rd pick out of high school for the Rangers in 2012, where the hell have I been?

Muggsy Bogues played one game for the Gastonia Rangers once haha.

Muggsy1_3kezsd3y_nmpkfxnu_mtmmc4mb.jpg

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats funny, muggsy fit him well with that ugly mugg too! Knew we drafted Riley Cooper but guess I just missed Winston somehow. Might be some QB controversy with Russel Wilson and Jameis though on the Rangers

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees have designated Vernon Wells for assignment...

I still prefer Baker (and he's a backup infielder which we need) but this could be an interesting pickup for the bench, backup DH?? Yeh, OK, he's not a pitcher and we need to concentrate on that crisis!!!

FYI, no way on Ubaldo...the guy was washed up but somehow rebounded and had a decent half season last year. He will be a bust...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still prefer Baker (and he's a backup infielder which we need) but this could be an interesting pickup for the bench, backup DH?? Yeh, OK, he's not a pitcher and we need to concentrate on that crisis!!!

FYI, no way on Ubaldo...the guy was washed up but somehow rebounded and had a decent half season last year. He will be a bust...

I am not saying get Ubaldo but technically he had 3 really bad games in his first 5 starts and for the most part pitched well after that. But I don't want us to pay the 4 year $17-21 mill a year that he is looking for. I hope he goes to the NL because I do not like it when we face him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO no to Wells. Yes to Baker or Butler.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it my opinion hasn't really changed since before the injury. We should add some pitching depth, and add a DH. If we were to add Butler we could move Mitch for a pitcher (Gallardo).

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying get Ubaldo but technically he had 3 really bad games in his first 5 starts and for the most part pitched well after that. But I don't want us to pay the 4 year $17-21 mill a year that he is looking for. I hope he goes to the NL because I do not like it when we face him.

To my knowledge we've only faced him twice. Crushed him once and got beat once. Not sure why you'd say that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it my opinion hasn't really changed since before the injury. We should add some pitching depth, and add a DH. If we were to add Butler we could move Mitch for a pitcher (Gallardo).

No, no, no to Gallardo.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my knowledge we've only faced him twice. Crushed him once and got beat once. Not sure why you'd say that.

I guess because what I saw was that in 13 innings last year he gave up just 6 hits and 1 earned run against us. He is the kind of pitcher we swing at all of his stuff out of the zone.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess because what I saw was that in 13 innings last year he gave up just 6 hits and 1 earned run against us. He is the kind of pitcher we swing at all of his stuff out of the zone.

He was dominant last year like he was when he first got to the bigs. He was garbage in between though. He could have another dominant year and I still wouldn't trust him or his delivery.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was dominant last year like he was when he first got to the bigs. He was garbage in between though. He could have another dominant year and I still wouldn't trust him or his delivery.

I can agree with that as you read above I said I hope he goes to NL and responded to Romeo.