• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish - Harrison - Perez - Tepesch - Ogando. Until Derek come back and replaces Ogando, I'm guessing. But it doesn't thrill me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Nick made the same jump last year. The only difference is Jacksons stats are better.

Nick pitched about 1/2 a year at AA the year before. He is also around 3 years older which could help but not necessarily. Hey, invite him to ST and see if he can win a spot like Nick did.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish - Harrison - Perez - Tepesch - Ogando. Until Derek come back and replaces Ogando, I'm guessing. But it doesn't thrill me.

You may be thinking that given that we don't know what Harrison will be and how much he missed last season. But if we knew what Harrison we'd be getting then I think I'd be just fine.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say get Garza and leave Ogando in the pen. Garza cost money but no draft pick.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick pitched about 1/2 a year at AA the year before. He is also around 3 years older which could help but not necessarily. Hey, invite him to ST and see if he can win a spot like Nick did.

Exactly. That's what I said. "I wonder if he gets an opportunity". They might stretch out Ross too, although I like Ogando as a starter. Especially at the beginning of the year when his arm isn't tired.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of DMN article:

The Texas Rangers will be without left-hander Derek Holland for up to three months because of a damaged left knee.

Holland injured the knee in a fall at his home on Tuesday morning. He underwent surgery on Friday to repair cartilage damage and clean out the knee. General manager Jon Daniels said that for planning purposes, the club will operate under the premise that Holland will be out until the All-Star break.

“I am devastated by this injury,” Holland said in a statement provided by the club. “It was a freak accident at home that resulted in a hard fall on my knee. As upsetting as this is, my goal is to begin rehab and get back on the mound as quickly as possible.”

Daniels said the club was confident that when the injury occurred, Holland was not engaged in any activity that would violate his contract.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say get Garza and leave Ogando in the pen. Garza cost money but no draft pick.
I'm with you. We need another starter in case we lose someone else and we can't know about Harry at this time.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. That's what I said. "I wonder if he gets an opportunity". They might stretch out Ross too, although I like Ogando as a starter. Especially at the beginning of the year when his arm isn't tired.

Not sure if Ross has the repertoire and stamina to be a starter. You are right, Ogando would have to be early on.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Arroyo. Neither would cost a pick. Bronson would be cheaper.

You are right in that he would be cheaper but man does that guy give up the bombs. Did not realize what an innings eater he is though. Consistently around 200.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they don't let Scheppers screw up his arm trying to be a starter.