• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they are going to try and go out and fill the need. For some reason, I think JD has the impression that we have the internal options to replace him

That's not a good idea. 3 years in a row we have lost a starter. If we have to fill 2 spots with internal options we will be in trouble. What if someone else goes down?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they are going to try and go out and fill the need. For some reason, I think JD has the impression that we have the internal options to replace him

If harry is healthy we should be fine. If he's not confident in that, he better get to work.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays hockey in a rec league in Frisco. Apparently it's pretty common knowledge and I've heard of this for a while. He played a game on Monday and the story made the team on Tuesday morning. It's no coincidence...it's tough but what are ya gonna do.

He's just a big kid having fun. There is no doubt he feels like garbage letting the team down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a good idea. 3 years in a row we have lost a starter. If we have to fill 2 spots with internal options we will be in trouble. What if someone else goes down?

Problem is, what are you willing to pay? The price of pitching just went up for Texas.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Tepesch had last year to learn from.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. JD put this team together to win now. I would try to trade Moreland + for Gallardo, it sign Arroyo

Jd put this team together to win now, and in tge future. He won't make a knee jerk decision and mortgage the team's future because of this, and thank God for that.

Btw, no thanks to Gallardo.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just a big kid having fun. There is no doubt he feels like garbage letting the team down.

Absolutely. We're all humans and I don't for one feel betrayed, pissed or anything like that. Tho I gotta think there might be some clauses in a contract but with things like that you can probably put clauses on every athletes contract which will basically prevent them to do absolutely nothing other than their actual job and sport. Even for a rec league hockey is a pretty intense sport.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Tepesch had last year to learn from.

And nobody should be surprised if he's put that experience to good use and looks like a much better starter this year.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read all the posts since the news broke out but I hope there's not too much "now we gotta do whatever it takes to sign Tanaka" posts. You can't foolishly try to justify spending 120 million or whatever it is going to take for losing one of your pitchers albeit very key ones for a half a season or so.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Derek should be playing in a rec hockey league. just my opinion. He should be a little smarter than that. I mean, I'm not saying don't have fun. But hockey is one of the most physical and grinding sports there is. As a professional athlete in a different sport, couldn't you choose something else? I mean, a pick up game here and there arent that bad, but an established league? Just seems sorta stupid to me.

A couple years ago people called Zack Greinke an idiot for breaking his ribs in a pick up basketball game when he went for a rebound. Shit, I'd rather Derek play basketball then hockey.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Derek should be playing in a rec hockey league. just my opinion. He should be a little smarter than that. I mean, I'm not saying don't have fun. But hockey is one of the most physical and grinding sports there is. As a professional athlete in a different sport, couldn't you choose something else? I mean, a pick up game here and there arent that bad, but an established league? Just seems sorta stupid to me.

A couple years ago people called Zack Greinke an idiot for breaking his ribs in a pick up basketball game when he went for a rebound. Shit, I'd rather Derek play basketball then hockey.

I won't disagree but what if it was truly a freak accident? Ya he should be a little more smarter than that but I think you can probably think about a lot more things you can say about being smarter. This was a freak accident and it sucks but it is what it is.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we don't really know the whole story yet.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it would, except he threw 128 innings last year with a 2.04 ERA.

I'm not sure why Romeo thinks he wouldn't get an opportunity. Seems like a good time to me.

And I believe his 27 IP at Frisco were even better than that but that could be a lot to ask.