• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers from last year disagree with you BIG TIME, its a much better HR hitters park

Whatever they did to suppress hitting numbers at RBIA worked

I said it wrong. I was meaning that people were worried that him pitching here he'd allow a million home runs. So I was trying to say that cincy and us are both home run parks big time. I just typed it fast and said it wrong. I think arroyo should be considered. I don't think his home run totals will alter that much pitching in our ballpark instead was my point. And to your point, they might even decrease because cincy allowed MORE home runs

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't stun me to see JD & Co go to ST and let Tepesch, Lewis, Ogando, Ross, Kirkman, Conteras, etc battle it out for two starting spots. Which wouldn't freak me.

What does concern me is the "what if factor" of Harrison not bouncing back. Even if he does, I think it will take a few months. So this means our starting rotation to begin the season could be a real mess.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a stopgap, by that logic we should just stop looking, bc anyone who's a FA must suck b/c their old team didn't "want" them
Uh, no, Jerome Williams is not a big ticket FA, he's affordable, and the Angels are a " big market" team - could easily afford his salary if they chose to keep him. And they need all the pitching they can get..

In most other cases, FA's have priced themselves out of their current teams budgets vs their value to them...

Look, I'm fine with giving him a "tryout", but he better be cheap, because we're more than likely going to be eating it...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepesch jumped after considerably more AA time ...

"Luke Jackson has 4GS and 27.0IP for FRI. By comparison Tepesch had 14GS and 90.1IP for FRI in 2012 under his belt when he earned his 2013 rotation spot".

That's in AA only. He made a total of 23 starts last year. A total of 128 innings.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on asking price, Garza or Arroyo would be the two on my radar. Arroyo is an innings eating machine who has experience in a hitters park. Garza is a solid middle of the rotation guy, and I did like his fire.

they are the 2 that i have on my list

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report is talking about using a combination of Tepesch, Lewis, Jackson and Alex Gonzalez to fill in for Derek. There was also discussion of Johan Santana and Joe Saunders.....omg...

Last night there was some discussion of Homer Bailey...FA in 2015, and don't know what Cincy is looking for to trade him. He would still come cheaper than a Price or a Tanaka for sure, but would he be worth the asking price ( his stats are not as exemplary as I would have thought)...add to this the fact that an extension would have to be negotiated to do a deal - we don't need another one year rental...

i've been hammered on here for saying this but i just don't have any faith in Tepesch & Lewis. and i don't think the other 2 are even close to being ready and that it could damage their development

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and Romeo's thoughts on Arroyo are identical

Problem is, I wouldn't want to do more than 1 year

Edit: I didn't realize Arroyo gave up 46 HRs a couple years ago, thats unreal

Yeah even with the suppressed numbers from last year I can see Bronson giving up 50 homers in RBIA. No thanks.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Jerome's ERA he has 1 good year then 2 bad ones. He's due for a good one. :bullshit:

I'm not usually a glass half full guy, but I tried.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read they want to rid themselves of him. I'm not making it up. He's going to get paid no matter what. The real question is why would they want him in their organization still?

so if you owned the Yankees would you eat 64M?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if you owned the Yankees would you eat 64M?

They have to pay that no matter what. That money is guaranteed whether he plays for them or not. My answer is yes. I would want him and the circus that follows him around away from my organization.

He's talking about showing up to ST. I would cut his ass ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was worth a damn, the pitching challenged Angels would have kept him...he's not worth our time or money...

That was a money move. At the time they didnt tender him, the Angels were pinching every penny they could.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers from last year disagree with you BIG TIME, its a much better HR hitters park

Whatever they did to suppress hitting numbers at RBIA worked

Texas finally got some pitching up in here, and we lost Josh, Nap, etc...

Plus that fucking bar/restaurant whatever that diverted the jet stream

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah even with the suppressed numbers from last year I can see Bronson giving up 50 homers in RBIA. No thanks.

Like I said, I'd do it for a one year deal, but your projection here is a bit ridiculous

I can see him doing about as poorly with the long ball as Lewis and Holland have in the past, that's about 30 something, he's shown he can pitch effectively in that range

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I'd do it for a one year deal, but your projection here is a bit ridiculous

I can see him doing about as poorly with the long ball as Lewis and Holland have in the past, that's about 30 something, he's shown he can pitch effectively in that range

He gave up 46 two years ago. How is 50 which is only 4 more ridiculous? It's also moving leagues again.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave up 46 two years ago. How is 50 which is only 4 more ridiculous? It's also moving leagues again.

because 46 in itself is ridiculous, to add to that is crazy and RBIA is less of a HR park than Cincy

46 also has shown to be an outlier in his career, even for a flyball pitcher that was over the top

So yeah, I'd say its ridiculous

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always think of Arroyo with his stupid corn rows and for that reason alone, want no part of him