• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Butler is worth what he gets paid, and Morales wouldn't be. I'm surprised at this from you who always says let's go all in. Butler, and you can trade Moreland if you want. I would like to have Baker back, but as a bench guy.

I haven't even heard about us being interested in Morales at all so I've kind of given up on that one.

Well, my point was that if we trade for butler, then we're likely trading the same pieces that we're planning to trade for a pitcher if we sign morales. Thus, we wouldnt be able to trade for said pitcher. Butler is better than morales sure, but is it to the point to where I wouldn't want a great #2 or #3 pitcher to have all season instead? I'm not sure about that

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish does what Darvish wants and he's earned that. I'm happy to see that he isn't going because he's training, and not because of some stupid reason

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my point was that if we trade for butler, then we're likely trading the same pieces that we're planning to trade for a pitcher if we sign morales. Thus, we wouldnt be able to trade for said pitcher. Butler is better than morales sure, but is it to the point to where I wouldn't want a great #2 or #3 pitcher to have all season instead? I'm not sure about that

What #2 or #3 are you talking about for Moreland? I expect us to get a back of the rotation guy for Moreland +.

Let's just sign Tanaka and trade for Butler. WS here we come.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What #2 or #3 are you talking about for Moreland? I expect us to get a back of the rotation guy for Moreland +.

Let's just sign Tanaka and trade for Butler. WS here we come.

I agree... except for the sign Tanaka part

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Moreland would only fetch a back end starter, which would be pushing it, you might as well keep him and hope he stays healthy. Or at least give him a chance to rake early and increase his trade value before dumping him.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God I can't wait til ST. Hockey is the only thing carrying me. Cowboys are out, I hate the NBA, and the terps are having one of their worst season in many many years.

Hockey and baseball are all I need. Not to mention the freakin winter olympics are on in a few weeks. Winter olympics are the best because it brings the whole nation's attention to hockey and converts a lot of fans when they see how great of a sport it is. Same thing with the World Cup this year. Wow... what a promising year

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God I can't wait til ST. Hockey is the only thing carrying me. Cowboys are out, I hate the NBA, and the terps are having one of their worst season in many many years.

Hockey and baseball are all I need. Not to mention the freakin winter olympics are on in a few weeks. Winter olympics are the best because it brings the whole nation's attention to hockey and converts a lot of fans when they see how great of a sport it is. Same thing with the World Cup this year. Wow... what a promising year

Ice hockey is the only winter Olympic event I watch..... Your average fan doesn't get much exposure to events like ice skating and snowboarding before the Olympics. Just saying they aren't as big as hockey, baseball, basketball, or football.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking if Nelson Cruz does the one year contract, Texas would have a great shot at signing him. Adding him as DH would put this team over the top. World Series favorites, IMO

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Maddux being elected into the Hall of Fame it reminded me when he had won 15, 15 and then 20 games and became a FA and Cubs management and Boras became so upset with each other that the Cubs decided to look at other FAs. I thought what a bunch a knuckleheads. And then to think in 1964 when they decided to trade Brock to the Cards and every player on the Cubs knew it was a mistake. After he arrived in St Louis he hit 348 and led them to the WS and led the league in steals 8 out of the next 10 years. And Broglio went 7-19, Bobby Shantz won 0 games and Doug Clemens played a total of 182 games as a backup OF. Two big mistakes by that organization.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ice hockey is the only winter Olympic event I watch..... Your average fan doesn't get much exposure to events like ice skating and snowboarding before the Olympics. Just saying they aren't as big as hockey, baseball, basketball, or football.

I'd say figure skating is really popular here during the winter olympics. Me personally I love watching all the olympic sports for both winter and summer because I'll watch those sports just once every 4 years and it's great. I think some of the ski sports get good pub here. And by average fan I am assuming you're referring to the average American fan and possibly even average American fan in certain areas/regions.