• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ohhh man I would be very interested in who else we are considering for the DH position...if we are truly looking to fill that position with someone better than Moreland...he would be a big time impact bat...that's exciting!

unfortunately, many teams are always "targeting" players. these kind of things more often fail to come to fruition than they actually work out....

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy he said that we have spoken fairly recently about is billy butler. I remember a few weeks ago someone asking me about it and at that point we had not called so I told him that we haven't considered butler yet, but we've changed. I don't know how the call went though because you'd think if it had gone well then the rumor would at least be out there by now

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but its always exciting to talk about and imagine...hence why we are all here

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im pretty shocked that they've completely crossed cruz off the list. what if he dropped his asking price considerably? he plugs the 5 hole problem

Except that he wants to play outfield..... :gaah:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy he said that we have spoken fairly recently about is billy butler. I remember a few weeks ago someone asking me about it and at that point we had not called so I told him that we haven't considered butler yet, but we've changed. I don't know how the call went though because you'd think if it had gone well then the rumor would at least be out there by now

That was me.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Butler would look nice in this line-up! I seriously doubt the Royals would part with him as he is a cornerstone of their team and they are looking more and more like a contender this coming season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either sets the stage for a Mitch/Jeff DH combo as insurance ... or sends the signal that if PIT wants Moreland they need to move or else TEX locks him in with a job here and the price goes up.

Possible and would not be all bad. Correct me if I am wrong but lets say Moreland starts because a RH is pitching. In a big situation they bring in a LH to picth and we PH Baker. Isn't it true we lose the DH and if the game went longer we would have to PH in that position everytime after that.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be interesting to see how Butler would do with the lineup we would have around him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible and would not be all bad. Correct me if I am wrong but lets say Moreland starts because a RH is pitching. In a big situation they bring in a LH to picth and we PH Baker. Isn't it true we lose the DH and if the game went longer we would have to PH in that position everytime after that.

No, Baker would be able to hit. He would be the DH

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay-thanks. I don't know why I thought you would lose your DH if they came out of the game.

You lose the DH if the person DHing has to go and play the field

So if we had Soto & JPA in at catcher and DH respectively and JPA got hurt and Soto was our only other catcher, then we would lose the DH when Soto went in to catch

But if you just bring in another guy to DH then he just becomes the DH going forward

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lose the DH if the person DHing has to go and play the field

So if we had Soto & JPA in at catcher and DH respectively and JPA got hurt and Soto was our only other catcher, then we would lose the DH when Soto went in to catch

But if you just bring in another guy to DH then he just becomes the DH going forward

Okay-that makes sense. Thanks

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't think trading for butler or any other DH is the best move. I think we should either sign morales and trade moreland, or sign baker and stay put. If we trade for butler, sure we have a better hitter, but we're trading a lot for a guy for one year when we could just sign someone else and get a pitcher at the same time.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't think trading for butler or any other DH is the best move. I think we should either sign morales and trade moreland, or sign baker and stay put. If we trade for butler, sure we have a better hitter, but we're trading a lot for a guy for one year when we could just sign someone else and get a pitcher at the same time.

Except Butler is worth what he gets paid, and Morales wouldn't be. I'm surprised at this from you who always says let's go all in. Butler, and you can trade Moreland if you want. I would like to have Baker back, but as a bench guy.

I haven't even heard about us being interested in Morales at all so I've kind of given up on that one.

Last edited by a moderator: