• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that Tanaka really doesn't have any interest in coming here. I've said before that our front office thinks that he may not think that highly of darvish. Apparently they had a rivalry in Japan and Japanese take much pride in stuff like that. I don't know if that is the biggest reason he doesn't like us, but its probably one of them. We are still gonna do our diligence and make a decent offer though. But we aren't expected to really compete at the end of the day

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that Tanaka really doesn't have any interest in coming here. I've said before that our front office thinks that he may not think that highly of darvish. Apparently they had a rivalry in Japan and Japanese take much pride in stuff like that. I don't know if that is the biggest reason he doesn't like us, but its probably one of them. We are still gonna do our diligence and make a decent offer though. But we aren't expected to really compete at the end of the day

I think he'll be a Dodger. I wish he would hurry up so the dominoes can start to fall.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Heard that Tanaka really doesn't have any interest in coming here. I've said before that our front office thinks that he may not think that highly of darvish"

I've thought this from the start.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Asian players don't think highly of Darvish. I guess it's just Koji and Tanaka, who are Japanese, but I hope there won't be a problem with Choo. Yes, I know he's Korean.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Asian players don't think highly of Darvish. I guess it's just Koji and Tanaka, who are Japanese, but I hope there won't be a problem with Choo. Yes, I know he's Korean.

kinda wondered that as well about Choo before he signed.
Guess the signing gives us the answer.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda wondered that as well about Choo before he signed.
Guess the signing gives us the answer.

It does for now because they probably don't know each other yet. I hope it doesn't become a problem. I want them both to be Rangers for awhile.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read that Darvish and Tanaka are workout partners, which made me think he might sign with TX.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well he's lived in the us long enough to where I doubt it will pose any sort of issues. If you ever hear choo talk, he sounds completely american.

but no, tanaka and darvish do not get along very well. They've even taken a few issues out on social media

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard that speculation as well, but I do know that Darvish and Tanaka are good buddies on Twitter and frequently joke back and forth. If you translate their tweets, they are all very friendly. In fact, Darvish is one of Tanaka's most frequent users listed on Tanaka's feed. Seems strange that they would exchange back and forth so much in such a joking way if they didn't like one another.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he's lived in the us long enough to where I doubt it will pose any sort of issues. If you ever hear choo talk, he sounds completely american.

but no, tanaka and darvish do not get along very well. They've even taken a few issues out on social media

All of the tweets I've seen between them seemed very friendly. Maybe the language translates differently to Americans.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that speculation as well, but I do know that Darvish and Tanaka are good buddies on Twitter and frequently joke back and forth. If you translate their tweets, they are all very friendly. In fact, Darvish is one of Tanaka's most frequent users listed on Tanaka's feed. Seems strange that they would exchange back and forth so much in such a joking way if they didn't like one another.

I read an incident last season where darvish was asked by someone what he thought about tanaka's win streak and he responded something along the lines of "the numbers are misleading because of this and that. He wouldn't be able to be that successful in America"

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's not necessarily mean, but still.

Have you read any of Darvish's tweets asking him to come to Texas? You'd think that, even if he was joking, he would send him one asking him to

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be one hell of a curveball thrown by JD if we were to sign him. Maybe he's even deceiving your scout friend, Terps.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i've also heard that they are off-season workout partners. don't know if it's true

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be one hell of a curveball thrown by JD if we were to sign him. Maybe he's even deceiving your scout friend, Terps.

There are a lot of cases that I'm not sure about, but I'm fairly certain we'll send him our offer and be on our way. The Dodgers or the Cubbies will probably end up with him. If we couldn't outbid the dodgers on greinke, who we were much more interested in than tanaka, then I doubt we'll sign him.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's not necessarily mean, but still.

Have you read any of Darvish's tweets asking him to come to Texas? You'd think that, even if he was joking, he would send him one asking him to

No, none of the tweets between the two mentioned him coming to Texas. I only translated a small number of them using Google Translate and the translation was very rough. They seemed to make a lot of references to pop culture and music. That's the extent of what I saw. I have no idea if any other tweets got angry between them.