• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but as a career .236 hitter against LHP, I'm not interested.

none taken. It's a position we could still stand to add to and a move that no one is talking about, so I'm making the call. Some will remember I was saying we should call Toronto and get Napoli the year we did, then I was saying we should try to sign AJ last year. The veteran catcher call is my specialty :)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none taken. It's a position we could still stand to add to and a move that no one is talking about, so I'm making the call. Some will remember I was saying we should call Toronto and get Napoli the year we did, then I was saying we should try to sign AJ last year. The veteran catcher call is my specialty :)

lets be clear, Buck is not Napoli though... and saying we should go after was hardly a none person call there

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His kid is a fucking retard I guess.

His kids are fucking idiots.... They said they would get made fun of for their dad going to the rangers because the rangers sucked at the time. I doubt the kids had anything to worry about. Torri probably sends them to some rich kid school where the people there are too afraid to do anything.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets be clear, Buck is not Napoli though... and saying we should go after was hardly a none person call there

Buck isn't Nap, and Nap didn't put up Texas sized numbers before he got here either. And I don't remember many saying we should go after Nap, and I remember a BUNCH saying AJ was a cancer and we shouldn't touch him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do however think we should be calling Toronto. I just don't think they will move EE or Bautista, at least not before the year starts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do however think we should be calling Toronto. I just don't think they will move EE or Bautista, at least not before the year starts.

I'm not on board with Bautista coming here, and I like our OF this year. Choo/Martin/Rios will be solid and I don't want to pay EE bucks for a 4th OF.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on board with Bautista coming here, and I like our OF this year. Choo/Martin/Rios will be solid and I don't want to pay EE bucks for a 4th OF.

They would both be the primary DH. EE isn't an OFer anyways. I guess you could send Rios back to them in a trade. That would offset the cost, but I like Rios.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck isn't Nap, and Nap didn't put up Texas sized numbers before he got here either. And I don't remember many saying we should go after Nap, and I remember a BUNCH saying AJ was a cancer and we shouldn't touch him.

Nap put up solid numbers, and most people knew it was his being yanked around in favor of Jeff fucking Mathis that knew he was being misused, did anyone know he would put up the season he did? No

There might not have been a bunch that said we should go after him, but I know there were several, including me, that said we should

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd agree with you there. Personally, I would like to see what this club can do for a couple of months. Then we can go get what we need at the trade deadline to get it done

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No always a possibility. This extra wild card slot has really fucked the trade deadline up.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few general managers think that a one-year pillow contract would make sense for free agent outfielder Nelson Cruz. It seems that he needs to reestablish his value and if he'd do a one-year pact, it could open more opportunities for him with clubs like the Mariners, Mets, Blue Jays, Orioles, and others. The 33-year-old remains one of the best power hitters out there, but teams are wary about PED guys after they’re off the stuff.

Maybe we could get Cruz back on a short term deal, and then we could trade Mitch for Yovanni Gallardo. The Brewers need a 1st baseman.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is nobody posting at all today or is my computer broken?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the SF kick went right between the guys arms for the win. Crazy.
Doesn't matter as long as GB loses. The 67' ice bowl dies hard.

Last edited by a moderator: