• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but doubt KCR will agree to a package headed by Tepesch et.al. for Butler.

In any case ... need to figure out who TEX wants batting #5 ... and then go get him whatever the cost.

Might be Butler. Might be Morales. Might be Incarnacion. Might be Trumbo. Might be some other guy.

It isn't Alex Rios.

I agree. I always said that Choo isn't enough IMO. We needed a leadoff hitter and an upgrade in the 5 spot

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said we needed, past tense. JTA got it. We have our leadoff hitter. Now we need an upgrade in the 5 spot

My bad.....correct about the # 5 spot though

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we should pick up that extra bat at the trade deadline. There will be some team who's out of the race and looking to dump payroll. Instead of giving up a pitcher, we can just take on a few months of payroll

It's not an extra bat TEX is looking for ... its the #5 bat. Can't wait until end of July for the guy who is right in the middle of your batting order. And ... in any case ... with the extra wild card too many teams in the race with good guys you want and teams make the cost exorbitant. And you don't get compensation any more if the guy goes into FA.

So ... set your roster in the winter ... and at the deadline you only pick up one guy you turn out to need ... not a guy you figure you need in Jan and think you can wait 6 months to get. Doesn't work like that any more.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been very quiet in the front office right now. Nothin goin on. I dont know if the market is stalled cuz of tanaka or what. I'm telling you we arent done though. I think we got 1 more move, and depending on that move we may have 2 more

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been very quiet in the front office right now. Nothin goin on. I dont know if the market is stalled cuz of tanaka or what. I'm telling you we arent done though. I think we got 1 more move, and depending on that move we may have 2 more
Sounds interesting. Thanks Terps

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree another move is in store, its not one that any of us are thinking is going to be

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could pull off a trade for a big bat. I'm not sure who though. I think Kemp might still be on JD's mind.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could pull off a trade for a big bat. I'm not sure who though. I think Kemp might still be on JD's mind.
Who might we have that could lure in Kemp