• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fairly recent grad of UNT (Master's), I can say that the Music and Language programs are still very strong. Equally as strong now is the School of Hospitality and Merchandising. UNT has very good programs for hotel and restaurant management, and their Fashion Merchandising degree is excellent. They are also one of the top schools in the south for Online Merchandising and Marketing. They recently completed work on their brand new Global Digital Retailing Research Center (which I never got to use because I had already graduated).
Thanks for the fill in, Will. All of that is good to know. It is definitely a school worth recommending and to be proud of graduating from. ;)

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still strong in those areas for sure and as always music is always one of the nations best. Adding to Will's comments, their business, engineering, and science divisions have made astronomical strides. They've poured a ton of money into those as well as their new research park. A bunch of new dorms and stuff as well. It is definitely nothing like the old UNT for sure. It's the 4th largest school in TX and still growing.

The whole idea and perception that NT is only an artsy school with nothing but hippies is far from the truth and dead in the water. Good things are happening in Denton. Does apathy still exist? It does but the culture is slowly but surely changing.
Fourth largest in Texas? Wow! 17,000 when I went to it in the early 80s, I believe.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still strong in those areas for sure and as always music is always one of the nations best. Adding to Will's comments, their business, engineering, and science divisions have made astronomical strides. They've poured a ton of money into those as well as their new research park. A bunch of new dorms and stuff as well. It is definitely nothing like the old UNT for sure. It's the 4th largest school in TX and still growing.

The whole idea and perception that NT is only an artsy school with nothing but hippies is far from the truth and dead in the water. Good things are happening in Denton. Does apathy still exist? It does but the culture is slowly but surely changing.

Oldest son graduated from there with a BoiChem degree and was accepted into the MLS program at Tarleton St and now is a Med Lab Scientist and about done with his Masters at UTA. Younger son is at UNT majoring in IT. They have the Texas Instruments building in Denton and it is called Discovery Park where all the Engineering, CS and IT classes are. Was impressed when I went there with him.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sister graduated from UNT. They are growing and have a nice campus. Anyone who says it sucks is still living in the 1980's. That school is improving rapidly.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the fill in, Will. All of that is good to know. It is definitely a school worth recommending and to be proud of graduating from. ;)

I am definitely proud to have received my Master's from there. I got my B.A. Degree from SMU and never really considered UNT for post-graduate work until I found out that they had launched the only degree program in the state specifically for online marketing and retailing. I didn't know what to expect when I enrolled, but I was very impressed with the quality of the professors, classes, facilities, and resources. It was top-notch all the way around. Plus for anyone in my field, it is the best school in Texas to have on your resumé. The Board of Directors for their School of Merchandising and Hospitality Management is made up of many CEO's and executives from local Fortune 500 companies. In fact, my UNT degree landed me a nice job at one of those companies right out of school. I will always be proud of my UNT past and I cheer for their teams just as much as I do the SMU teams. Good thing they rarely play each other.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely proud to have received my Master's from there. I got my B.A. Degree from SMU and never really considered UNT for post-graduate work until I found out that they had launched the only degree program in the state specifically for online marketing and retailing. I didn't know what to expect when I enrolled, but I was very impressed with the quality of the professors, classes, facilities, and resources. It was top-notch all the way around. Plus for anyone in my field, it is the best school in Texas to have on your resumé. The Board of Directors for their School of Merchandising and Hospitality Management is made up of many CEO's and executives from local Fortune 500 companies. In fact, my UNT degree landed me a nice job at one of those companies right out of school. I will always be proud of my UNT past and I cheer for their teams just as much as I do the SMU teams. Good thing they rarely play each other.
Gosh there is really quite a few of us. UNT effected my life in a good way.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trivia: Watching Little Big League the other day and they had a part with Pudge in it. On the sleeve of the Texas uniforms had a patch that read 'HEC'. Anyone know what that stood for? I didn't before I googled it, but some elder statesmen might know.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also side note. The actor that plays Lou is the same guy who played Poindexter in revenge of the nerds. Greatness

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trivia: Watching Little Big League the other day and they had a part with Pudge in it. On the sleeve of the Texas uniforms had a patch that read 'HEC'. Anyone know what that stood for? I didn't before I googled it, but some elder statesmen might know.

H. Eddie Chiles

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out HOF thread

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's about to change for the foreseeable future. Starting next year they have a 10 game series with SMU in FB. This has needed to happen for a long time and glad to see SMU willing to make it happen.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are interested in free agent DH/1B Kendrys Morales, says Jim Duquette of MLB Network. The Royals already have a similar player in Billy Butler, but Duquette also notes that signing Morales would give the Royals the chance to trade Butler for pitching.

Butler is a damn good hitter, but I wouldn't give up any pitcher on our ML roster for him, besides maybe Ogando.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are interested in free agent DH/1B Kendrys Morales, says Jim Duquette of MLB Network. The Royals already have a similar player in Billy Butler, but Duquette also notes that signing Morales would give the Royals the chance to trade Butler for pitching.

Butler is a damn good hitter, but I wouldn't give up any pitcher on our ML roster for him, besides maybe Ogando.

I would give up Kirkman for him. I would give up Kirkman for most players though.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sounds like KCR is inventing a sorta baseball variant of mortgage-backed securities.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at BB's numbers you would think that if he could be even a tad better than that in the Texas lineup vs the KCR lineup, he'd be a real asset. I don't know what it would take and i wouldn't want to deal one of our rotation arms being that I still feel we have a possible need in the starting rotation. I mean there are still ? with Matty and Ogando and Tepeschmode but if Texas landed him for some other pieces i think he could be a strong bat in this lineup