• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looking at BB's numbers you would think that if he could be even a tad better than that in the Texas lineup vs the KCR lineup, he'd be a real asset. I don't know what it would take and i wouldn't want to deal one of our rotation arms being that I still feel we have a possible need in the starting rotation. I mean there are still ? with Matty and Ogando and Tepeschmode but if Texas landed him for some other pieces i think he could be a strong bat in this lineup

If TEX had the pitching that KCR would like in exchange for BB ... then why not offer that same pitching package to ARI for Mark Trumbo?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TEX had the pitching that KCR would like in exchange for BB ... then why not offer that same pitching package to ARI for Mark Trumbo?

Because Butler is better than Trumbo? or least has been up until last year

Both are DH, no field types but Butler strikes out about half as much, which makes Butler > Trumbo IMO

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my point being not sure i would move pitching depth for Butler but if some other pieces could get it done or maybe tepesch and a package deal interested them it would be a good add for Texas. Butler aside from hr's has proven some things trumbo hasn't as far as avg, obp ops and put him in the Texas lineup and i think he may even add production to his career numbers

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista should stay Toronto's problem, I know I wouldn't give up any premium talent for him

His OBP the past 5 years : .349, .378, .447, .358, .358
His HR's : 13, 54, 43, 27, and 28

He has been hurt lately, but I think keeping him off of that turf in Toronto could help that immensely. He's very productive. Would you rather have his bat at 14 million or Cruz's?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been hurt lately, but I think keeping him of that turf in Toronto could help that immensely.

EE is cheaper though...I have wanted him for a long time too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE is cheaper though...I have wanted him for a long time too.

last 2 years ops for that guy at his price has been valuable for toronto and he carried my FBB team this year haha, but what would would it take to land him? Been my pipe dream for awhile too

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my point being not sure i would move pitching depth for Butler but if some other pieces could get it done or maybe tepesch and a package deal interested them it would be a good add for Texas. Butler aside from hr's has proven some things trumbo hasn't as far as avg, obp ops and put him in the Texas lineup and i think he may even add production to his career numbers

Yea but doubt KCR will agree to a package headed by Tepesch et.al. for Butler.

In any case ... need to figure out who TEX wants batting #5 ... and then go get him whatever the cost.

Might be Butler. Might be Morales. Might be Incarnacion. Might be Trumbo. Might be some other guy.

It isn't Alex Rios.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but doubt KCR will agree to a package headed by Tepesch et.al. for Butler.

In any case ... need to figure out who TEX wants batting #5 ... and then go get him whatever the cost.

Might be Butler. Might be Morales. Might be Incarnacion. Might be Trumbo. Might be some other guy.

It isn't Alex Rios.

Agree about the Royals and any deal involving Tep, he is just really the only arm i would offer, as pitching depth on the farm and the Rangers rotation is a bit concerning IMO. Lu Jack and Chi Chi have some promise but after that i am concerned. KC is going to value BB very highly based on his stats and the fact he was drafted 14th in the 1st round.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree about the Royals and any deal involving Tep, he is just really the only arm i would offer, as pitching depth on the farm and the Rangers rotation is a bit concerning IMO. Lu Jack and Chi Chi have some promise but after that i am concerned. KC is going to value BB very highly based on his stats and the fact he was drafted 14th in the 1st round.

'Past performance is no assurance of future results' ... may give some indication ... but isn't guaranteed. Likewise fact he was 14th overall in 2004 is no more relevant than the fact that Tom Diamond was 10th overall.

KCR is going to want a package that makes them better than what they are with BB (and KM) on the roster. BB is only 27yo ... but if you told me he was 32yo ... I would believe you. That's not a good thing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Past performance is no assurance of future results' ... may give some indication ... but isn't guaranteed. Likewise fact he was 14th overall in 2004 is no more relevant than the fact that Tom Diamond was 10th overall.

KCR is going to want a package that makes them better than what they are with BB (and KM) on the roster. BB is only 27yo ... but if you told me he was 32yo ... I would believe you. That's not a good thing.

I think we should pick up that extra bat at the trade deadline. There will be some team who's out of the race and looking to dump payroll. Instead of giving up a pitcher, we can just take on a few months of payroll

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should pick up that extra bat at the trade deadline. There will be some team who's out of the race and looking to dump payroll. Instead of giving up a pitcher, we can just take on a few months of payroll

Seems like the price for a deadline deal ends up being pretty steep. You seem to give up a few players for 1/2 a year for one. Rios was the exception for us anyway.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been hurt lately, but I think keeping him off of that turf in Toronto could help that immensely. He's very productive. Would you rather have his bat at 14 million or Cruz's?

C) neither