• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Mastercard Memorial Cup thread

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland's weakness so far certainly appears to be goaltending. Has Caruth looked this shakey all season long? Apparently his back-up is brutal and unlikely to see any action. His GAA is above 12.00 and save percentage is less than .700. On a team as good as Portland that is absolutely pathetic!

Carruth throughout his career has been a mediocre goalie at best and I fully believe he is the reason why the 2010-11 and 2011-12 Portland teams failed to win a WHL championship. Both those teams I believe were better than this years Winterhawks. Carruth has put up good numbers this year, and as Dash said can play a good game on occasion, however I think Carruth's good looking numbers can mostly be attributed to Portland being leaps and bounds better than everyone else in the WHL this season. Put Portland up against a team that can match its speed and skill, such as Halifax, and you get the real Mac Carruth.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Frk was that?

/A little hotdogging and then some fireworks hehe

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

[YOUTUBE]mSHftKek_zY&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Good of the fans not to boo and to help her out towards the end. How does this happen? 2 years in a row of bad anthem singers. Do they not screen them?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

[YOUTUBE]mSHftKek_zY&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Good of the fans not to boo and to help her out towards the end. How does this happen? 2 years in a row of bad anthem singers. Do they not screen them?

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Rattie's goal was SICK!! The Blues have 2 dynamic forwards with him & Tarasenko. MacKinnon was something else. What a fun game to watch. I hope to see more action like this the rest of the Memorial Cup.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice surprise to Halfiax drop a game to Saskatoon. After Halifax beat Portland I figured they were the heavy favourites but things just got a lot more interesting.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice surprise to Halfiax drop a game to Saskatoon. After Halifax beat Portland I figured they were the heavy favourites but things just got a lot more interesting.

Unlike Portland, Saskatoon actually has a good goalie. Made a difference in this game, and honestly, made a huge difference in the London game as well. Gave the Blades a chance to win both games and today they did. Pretty surprising result, but I do have to give a shoutout to former Spokane Chief Colin Valcourt for notching the game winning goal.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland beats London and now all teams are 1-1 after 2 games each just like last year. Look like it's anyone's tournament to win.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland beats London and now all teams are 1-1 after 2 games each just like last year. Look like it's anyone's tournament to win.

Yup and things get pretty simple now. Win your last game and you skip the tie breaker and possibly go straight to the final. Lose and you have to win 3 straight to take home the Cup.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Halifax wants a bye to the final (5-0 Mooseheads over London after 1 period)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Blades defeat Portland tomorrow, they go straight to the championship final. This is a team that just won their first playoff game a couple of days ago. There is something very very wrong about that.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Blades defeat Portland tomorrow, they go straight to the championship final. This is a team that just won their first playoff game a couple of days ago. There is something very very wrong about that.

I agree Dash. I wonder if the Mem Cup has enough appeal in Canada to do a Super Bowl type of rotation? How to pick the 4th team is a tricky question though.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I think losing to Saskatoon may have pissed off the Mooseheads just a tad. What a throttling.

Agreed. I still say if the Blades take it the Cup should go to Medicine Hat. ;)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Dash. I wonder if the Mem Cup has enough appeal in Canada to do a Super Bowl type of rotation? How to pick the 4th team is a tricky question though.

The thing is they included the host team to try to boost attendance at this event. Have you guys noticed all the empty seats in the arena (even with the Blades are playing?). I thought Saskatoon was a hockey hotbed, I guess I was wrong.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is they included the host team to try to boost attendance at this event. Have you guys noticed all the empty seats in the arena (even with the Blades are playing?). I thought Saskatoon was a hockey hotbed, I guess I was wrong.

I heard prices a insane and with the Blades getting swept in the 1st round a lot of people probably didn't have much faith in their team. A 15,000 seat arena is also pretty large for a city with a metro area of about 250,000. Usually these tournaments sell out well in advance because of the hype/urgency to go out and buy a tournament pass. With that type of population/capacity ratio, it looks like the urgency was never there. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blades remaining games sold out though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its an amazing tournament. Im shocked at the low numbers in attendance. but it tis Saskatoon.. Ive done time there. ooof dust bowl

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard prices a insane and with the Blades getting swept in the 1st round a lot of people probably didn't have much faith in their team. A 15,000 seat arena is also pretty large for a city with a metro area of about 250,000. Usually these tournaments sell out well in advance because of the hype/urgency to go out and buy a tournament pass. With that type of population/capacity ratio, it looks like the urgency was never there. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blades remaining games sold out though.

It doesn't surprise me that they have inflated tickets for this tourney, but even during the two first round games against the Tigers, I don't think they even drew 5,000 fans to the arena. I remember checking the WHL summary after game 1 and it was a little over 4700 for game 1.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its an amazing tournament. Im shocked at the low numbers in attendance. but it tis Saskatoon.. Ive done time there. ooof dust bowl

Yet it's much prettier than Regina...