• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Memorial Cup

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the game and see that absolute joke of a reviewed goal? I'm absolutely amazed! How does the ref ask the video review judge if it went in and get a definite "yes" and then decide "oh but I blew the play dead". Then why the fucking review in the 1st place to see if it went in?

Also Shawinigan fans seem like a bunch of fucking douche bags! They are lucky enough to be awarded the tournament and they disgrace it by throwing shit on the ice because they didn't like a couple of iffy calls. Their player had just drilled a guy from behind head first into the boards from a few feet away, then he crosschecks him after the fact when the guy is still down. And their fans complain that he got 2 whole fucking minutes and boo the Sea Dogs player as he gets up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the game and see that absolute joke of a reviewed goal? I'm absolutely amazed! How does the ref ask the video review judge if it went in and get a definite "yes" and then decide "oh but I blew the play dead". Then why the fucking review in the 1st place to see if it went in?

Also Shawinigan fans seem like a bunch of fucking douche bags! They are lucky enough to be awarded the tournament and they disgrace it by throwing shit on the ice because they didn't like a couple of iffy calls. Their player had just drilled a guy from behind head first into the boards from a few feet away, then he crosschecks him after the fact when the guy is still down. And their fans complain that he got 2 whole fucking minutes and boo the Sea Dogs player as he gets up.

From the ice conditions to the anthem singer flashing political messages to the behavior of the Shawinigan fans, it hasn't been a great showcase of Centre Bionest. That referee debacle tonight was quite the spectacle, julian.

Oh well, go Sea Dogs!!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I almost forgot about tonight's anthem! That was pretty brutal as well. Oh well, go Sea Dogs indeed.

I'm thinking of making the trip for the final game with a few friends on Sunday should they win Friday night. All my vacation time is spoken for so I'd have to negotiate something to get Monday off. I have a friend that really wants to go. I'm talking to another who is already there. He said he had beer thrown at him tonight. Sounds like a pretty hostile place.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL network in the states is airing the game tomorrow afternoon.

Is Shawinigan eliminated now?

No, they play a tie-breaker tomorrow against Edmonton, then the winner of that plays the Sea Dogs on Friday night. They still have a chance but they'll be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights Friday if the make it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 teams are still alive but Shawinigan and Edmonton's chances aren't that great. London is in the best position with a bye to the finals.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we don't know who's going to play St. John for the right to play for the Cup yet?

No, that will be determined tomorrow via the tie-breaker between Edmonton and Shawinigan.

Kabanov didn't look too bad tonight. He wasn't spectacular but not bad. He was 1 of the few players on each side who managed to stay out of cheap stuff.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that will be determined tomorrow via the tie-breaker between Edmonton and Shawinigan.

Kabanov didn't look too bad tonight. He wasn't spectacular but not bad. He was 1 of the few players on each side who managed to stay out of cheap stuff.

An extra game. Sweet!! The first time they met was a close hard fought game. Should be the same this time around.

Kabanov seems to be pretty good at digging the puck out in scrums along the boards. I haven't seen him really unleash his skill as of yet though. Bridgeport awaits him next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I almost forgot about tonight's anthem! That was pretty brutal as well. Oh well, go Sea Dogs indeed.

I'm thinking of making the trip for the final game with a few friends on Sunday should they win Friday night. All my vacation time is spoken for so I'd have to negotiate something to get Monday off. I have a friend that really wants to go. I'm talking to another who is already there. He said he had beer thrown at him tonight. Sounds like a pretty hostile place.

I'd say do whatever it takes to get yourself to that game. When the Chiefs hosted the 1998 Memorial Cup I had a blast and I would have road tripped to the 2008 final in Kitchener if I wasn't 2 weeks away from college graduation at the time.

I know there's a few anomalies, but if this Memorial Cup follows the historical trends, Saint John will make it to the championship game.

/Just to back up my statement, winners of the tiebreaker are 2-7 all time in the semi-final.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
yeah, no way this coverage ever moves to the NHL after this display of ineptitude
2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup: QMJHL referee waves off Saint John Sea Dogs goal (VIDEO) | Buzzing The Net - Yahoo! Sports Canada

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
looks like Edm will be the first to go home (I'm not really sad about that).
Shawinigan is up 4-0 after 25 minutes.

Cats still have uphill climb though - will have to play 4 games in 5 nights if they make it to the finals, including the 3rd in 3 nights tomorrow which will be against an angry and talented St John team.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
make that 5-0 midway through.
that powerplay looked like about a five on two.

shots only 17-13 though.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Lowe's and Ulf Samuelsson's sons being taken to the woodshed - Aw, that's a shame.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kabanov with 2 points. His goal was a fluke though. He whiffed on a breakaway attempt in the 3rd.:L

The Zlobin kid went undrafted last year. I won't be surprised if the Isles take him with one of their 5th round picks.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
a bit of controversy in tonight's game, too
first period, tied at 1.... a missed high stick that drew blood felled a Sea Dog, and the Cats scored to take the lead about three seconds later.

2nd period... Huberdeau with a shorthanded one hopper from his own blueline to narrow the gap to 4-3.

Cats win 7-4 with an empty netter (the 6th goal).
wouldn't have picked them, but they've played really strong
3 games in 3 nights, and they haven't slowed down a bit.

Cats vs Knights for the Memorial Cup.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
pretty good game today.

1-1 half way through.
London outshooting them probably by a 2-1 margin.
Gabriel Girard has been terrific.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I wish I could run into the guy who invented thunderstix...

...with my car.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy on the air horn is very annoying as well...I thought those vuvuzelas were bad.