• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu's ERA is 1.66 since after his first career inning

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Wash shows he knows what he is doing, just want to say that. I remember in ST some, not here but in the media, were wondering if the Rangers were suffering from the game 6 hangover because we weren't hitting or winning games. Ron even went on a post game show to say "fans, don't worry. This is ST and when the real games get here we will be ready".

And they are. This team is stacked from the very top of ownership to the very bottom of the minors.

I thought the Wash quote before the current road trip was one of his best in recent memory. When asked about the upcoming road trip against some tough teams, Wash stood up and said. "do you see these knees shaking?"
Greatness.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Wash shows he knows what he is doing, just want to say that. I remember in ST some, not here but in the media, were wondering if the Rangers were suffering from the game 6 hangover because we weren't hitting or winning games. Ron even went on a post game show to say "fans, don't worry. This is ST and when the real games get here we will be ready".

And they are. This team is stacked from the very top of ownership to the very bottom of the minors.

in the last 7 games, the Rangers are hitting .345 as a team and are scoring 7.6 runs a game. and then you throw in a starting pitching staff that is 9-0 with a combined ERA of 2.37 thru the team's first 13 games and you have to say this team is clicking on all cylinders

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu's ERA is 1.66 since after his first career inning

Still a WHIP of 1.50, but thats way better than the 1.81 he's sporting overall

He's got to learn to command his fastball or its going to turn into a long season for him

He's getting K's and double plays but that won't be able to save him everytime

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a WHIP of 1.50, but thats way better than the 1.81 he's sporting overall

He's got to learn to command his fastball or its going to turn into a long season for him

He's getting K's and double plays but that won't be able to save him everytime

He'll be fine. He's making big strides each start and his fastball has looked significantly better each pitch. I'm sure he's used to getting the questionable calls on the edges in Japan and he's just going to have to earn it here. He is trying to make the perfect pitch a little too much, but his fastball has enough action that it should allow him to pitch a little more in the zone and get away with it. I'm sure Maddux will have him straightened out on that soon.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be fine. He's making big strides each start and his fastball has looked significantly better each pitch. I'm sure he's used to getting the questionable calls on the edges in Japan and he's just going to have to earn it here. He is trying to make the perfect pitch a little too much, but his fastball has enough action that it should allow him to pitch a little more in the zone and get away with it. I'm sure Maddux will have him straightened out on that soon.

He has had to relearn release points on his pitches because of the difference in the height of the mound from what he was use to in Japan. He will be fine

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that as well and have stated as such for the same reasons, just pointing out that looking at ERA only is not looking at the whole picture

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is it going to take to bring up Mike Olt and see what he's got against the big boys? I like Moreland's glove but his bat just isn't cutting it. When 1st base has been your weakest hitter for the past few seasons it is time to change. And for an organization that has had Palmeiro, Clark, A Gonzalez and Texiera at 1st it is time for an upgrade. Everything I hear about Olt sounds great. And in a lineup like Texas', he will have some time to figure it out. If he's the futue anyway why not start now? Fielder was too expensive or he'd be here. What is the organization's stance on Olt and what is his timetable?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is it going to take to bring up Mike Olt and see what he's got against the big boys? I like Moreland's glove but his bat just isn't cutting it. When 1st base has been your weakest hitter for the past few seasons it is time to change. And for an organization that has had Palmeiro, Clark, A Gonzalez and Texiera at 1st it is time for an upgrade. Everything I hear about Olt sounds great. And in a lineup like Texas', he will have some time to figure it out. If he's the futue anyway why not start now? Fielder was too expensive or he'd be here. What is the organization's stance on Olt and what is his timetable?

Olt has holes in his swing and strikes out a lot, could use more time. Has great upside though. Right now it's not really a pressing issue since we already have Moreland, Young, Napoli, and Snyder all platooning at 1B. Every team has some sort of weak spot in their lineup, ours just happens to be at 1B. If Moreland stays healthy I wouldn't expect to see Olt until next season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best way to see Olt turn into a bust is to bring him up too soon. Would rather see Snyder play first base every day.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kills me about Mitch is how much he lets his power go to waste. He hit some of the biggest blasts of 2011 and only had 16 for the year. Pretty much worthless against lefties. Seems to be regressing. Could see Snyder in his rear view mirror pretty soon if he doesn't step it up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kills me about Mitch is how much he lets his power go to waste. He hit some of the biggest blasts of 2011 and only had 16 for the year. Pretty much worthless against lefties. Seems to be regressing. Could see Snyder in his rear view mirror pretty soon if he doesn't step it up.

I would think so. The lineup is already lefty heavy as it is. There's very little room for a lefty that doesn't produce.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

TEX development of Darvish is working. Had to watch the middle innings in Terminal C 30 feet away from the TV ... couldn't hear the dialog so this TAG may have already made this point ... but leaving Darvish in to strike out Peralta after Kinsler's error was Wash's way of giving Yu a shot to get the first out ... and leave on a high note his confidence intact.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEX development of Darvish is working. Had to watch the middle innings in Terminal C 30 feet away from the TV ... couldn't hear the dialog so this TAG may have already made this point ... but leaving Darvish in to strike out Peralta after Kinsler's error was Wash's way of giving Yu a shot to get the first out ... and leave on a high note his confidence intact.

Not worried about Darvish at all. I think we'll have him and holland as aces and maybe Harrison soon.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about Darvish at all. I think we'll have him and holland as aces and maybe Harrison soon.

I think you can put Feliz in that group as well, he'll have his bumps in his first year as a ML starter but so did these other guys

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to the schedule, the Rangers are sending Holland, Darvish and Feldman out to face Sabathia, Kuroda & Hughes. looks like Washington is going to skip Feliz in favor of Feldman in game 3. Feliz not scheduled to start again until Saturday.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to the schedule, the Rangers are sending Holland, Darvish and Feldman out to face Sabathia, Kuroda & Hughes. looks like Washington is going to skip Feliz in favor of Feldman in game 3. Feliz not scheduled to start again until Saturday.

You sure about Sat? I'm thinking he just gets pushed one day back and goes on Friday.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about Sat? I'm thinking he just gets pushed one day back and goes on Friday.

Yes its on the schedule as a Friday start in the 1st game against the Rays

Like that they are using Feldman to get a spot start and kind of give everyone a day breather during the season

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes its on the schedule as a Friday start in the 1st game against the Rays

Like that they are using Feldman to get a spot start and kind of give everyone a day breather during the season

I think it is two-fold. One it keeps the starters rested, and two it keeps Feldman stretched out. Not to jinx it, but long relief hasn't had much to do lately. Yes, I'm knocking on wood.